• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Giving the critics enough rope to hang themselves.

tererun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
So it seems that after a lot of criticism Obama has tossed the Syria issue into the laps of congress. Of course, I feel this bomb belonged to them in the first place, and he did the right thing by doing that. However, was this his plan all along? With past presidents we would have found out probably after the fact we had sent missiles in to blow up an asprin factory, or they would have charged ahead with some form of action and claimed it was not a full war or something within the president's power to act upon. In this case Obama made a number of statements, got the military all set to go in, and let all of his critics and the pundits start admonishing him or supporting his idea for bombing before anything actually happened. Then right at the hight of them calling him an unreasonable warmonger and very bush like, he just passes it all off to congress allowing them to make the decision and for anyone in the middle to being opposed to this he seemed to do the right thing. He made his intentions known, he made his speaches promoting it, and then he deferred like all of his critics told him too.

Now of course that wont stop people like Congressman king from saying he should have gone through with it anyways because it was terribly inconvenient of him to pass the buck off to congress and force them to make a decision. Now congress has the blame for action placed squarely in their lap just as many people said it should be. I have seen him do stuff like this a few times. He gives people enough rope to hang themselves with on occasion, and then just seems to love yanking it when they get all committed to the double edged sword they hand him. Was this on purpose, or just coincidentally sweet on his part? Now if there is no action in Syria and things go bad he can blame congressional rules. If there is no action in syria and it turns out well he can say he was reasonable to defer the decision where it belongs. If congress approves war and it works out it was his idea to begin with and he can take the credit, and if it does not work out he can distribute the blame to congress. Now congress has to deal with his red line. Do they not act and lower america's integrity, if it can be lowered? Do they act on it and further bankrupt us while telling us they want more fiscal responsibility?

Obama may be a lying ass scumbag politician, but when he sticks it to the others it is done so well I have to appreciate it. If we are going to be stuck with the jersey shore government I want to see someone cut a bitch.

I disagree. He probably knows he was biting off more than he could chew and is hoping congress votes no so he can back off.

Either way, the media will tell their lemmings what it wants to.

Back
Top Bottom