• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Given my childish behavior on these forums, I will be leaving today

GClevelandFan

Offline for good
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
When I first started posting here, I thought I could give reasonable positions and arguments. And while that was partly true, I have grown to realize that in my brief tenure here, I "matured backwards" and grew petulant and impulsive.

I became a slave to the reaction score. It didn't matter how accurate or good a post was, all that increasingly mattered was making hot takes to gain fame. And I, like so many others, crave attention.

I learned about the dark side of my thoughts, that they came across on the threads as callous or indifferent to the suffering of others, or were indifferent. My contrarian ego was manifested in ugly ways and I made ugly and hurtful comments belittling others.

All my dealings with the news, all my searching for meaning among the chaos of politics and the news led me to this: Becoming puny in brain and tiny in heart.

People can see my posts. They know what I said. Let them stay there as a symbol of my ego, callousness, and vanity. Hopefully it will provide lessons for later users on how not to argue on the internet.

So, I will be leaving now. And not only DebatePolitics, but the whole seamy mass of internet politics. I have grown to despise it. My heart has become hardened. I want a heart of flesh not a heart of stone. I want to serve Christ faithfully and love others. And my involvment in internet politics is getting in the way of that.

There is much I could say, but there is only so much time on this sad planet. Goodbye, and I am truly sorry for my pride.

giphy.gif

When I first started posting here, I thought I could give reasonable positions and arguments. And while that was partly true, I have grown to realize that in my brief tenure here, I "matured backwards" and grew petulant and impulsive.

I became a slave to the reaction score. It didn't matter how accurate or good a post was, all that increasingly mattered was making hot takes to gain fame. And I, like so many others, crave attention.

I learned about the dark side of my thoughts, that they came across on the threads as callous or indifferent to the suffering of others, or were indifferent. My contrarian ego was manifested in ugly ways and I made ugly and hurtful comments belittling others.

All my dealings with the news, all my searching for meaning among the chaos of politics and the news led me to this: Becoming puny in brain and tiny in heart.

People can see my posts. They know what I said. Let them stay there as a symbol of my ego, callousness, and vanity. Hopefully it will provide lessons for later users on how not to argue on the internet.

So, I will be leaving now. And not only DebatePolitics, but the whole seamy mass of internet politics. I have grown to despise it. My heart has become hardened. I want a heart of flesh not a heart of stone. I want to serve Christ faithfully and love others. And my involvment in internet politics is getting in the way of that.

There is much I could say, but there is only so much time on this sad planet. Goodbye, and I am truly sorry for my pride.
GClevelandFan:

I wish you good fortune and solace as you follow your new path.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

If you're that easily influenced, you're probably doing the right thing...

A little dramatic, but I appreciate a the flair. I hope you can unharden your heart.

IF GC has truly left, I can understand his frustration, I have quit DP on occasion myself, though briefly.

Suggestions: Assholes that upset you, put them on ignore. Also take a break from DP and come back when you have calmed down. Don't blame others for your reactions, you can control your reactions. Most of all, learn to have fun.

If you recognize how polarized your views have become and that there are two sides to any coin, you're probably in better shape than many who post in here. I post my thoughts where ever they lie. My like to post ratio is always low.

IF GC has truly left, I can understand his frustration, I have quit DP on occasion myself, though briefly.

Suggestions: Assholes that upset you, put them on ignore. Also take a break from DP and come back when you have calmed down. Don't blame others for your reactions, you can control your reactions. Most of all, learn to have fun.
Its better than killing someone...

I love the lack of self-awareness on your part that someone posting a message related to self-introspection and personal conduct gets this response from you.

It's nearly inevitable in this format. You can likely take any two members here and have them sit down in person and their integrations would be much more reasonable. It's the whole concept of gazing into the abyss but it also gazes back into you.

I file much of this into the category of entertainment in my mind, because reason is not going to happen, or is very rare.

Bye

With all due respect, I think you're thinking about it (This forum) too much.
I liked most of your posts but that doesn't mean it's some exciting, great honor. :)
We're all just energy and wave beings with many different thoughts. Most of us care most about our home planet than about post approval. :)
Wish you would stay..

Sounds like you've been dragged into an ugly place.

It happens. My list of infractions is rather large. We ALL lose it now and then. It's part of the process.

Most of us are boomers and up. We didn't have as much one on one social interaction as our parents.

I come and go. When I find I am thinking about an issue in here when I'm doing something I really enjoy, I've gone to deep, gotten serious about what is, essentially, a school yard argument over (choose your ball, bat, skate, puck etc.) in a forum that isn't real.

How many of us ever meet in real life?

Frankly sites like these have helped me keep my sanity. I got started after 911 with some idea I could help in the wake of that disaster. (Something I doubt most Americans know is that the American Embassy and consulates in Canada were overwhelmed with average every day citizens wanting to enlist in the Marines etc.)

It is therapy. We launch words at each other instead of grenades. The truth is I feel closer to many posters in here than I do some of my neighbors (is it weird for a person to be unable to unlock their car door without setting off the alarm, Every. ****ing. Morning?)

At worst, these sites expose the soft underbelly of the real racism that exists in America. Everyone accepts there's a problem with black people dying at the hands of police, but only want to see the full video and condemn the protesters after the fact.

I have a saying I never say. Never quit when you know you are better than the circumstances.

It's nearly inevitable in this format. You can likely take any two members here and have them sit down in person and their integrations would be much more reasonable. It's the whole concept of gazing into the abyss but it also gazes back into you.

I file much of this into the category of entertainment in my mind, because reason is not going to happen, or is very rare.
I believe I can differentiate between those who acknowledge a point and respond to it from those who are just utterly cemented into their inflexible point of view. They think by seeking only information that confirms their point of view is research.

I love the lack of self-awareness on your part that someone posting a message related to self-introspection and personal conduct gets this response from you.
“I love the lack of self awareness…………..”:ROFLMAO::LOL:

I couldn’t get any farther………….😅😂🤣

I believe I can differentiate between those who acknowledge a point and respond to it from those who are just utterly cemented into their inflexible point of view. They think by seeking only information that confirms their point of view is research.

You have as little self-awareness as any person in this forum when it comes to “utterly cemented into an inflexible point of view”, as regards your claim of a “need “ for. “Creator” for this universe.

Cool story Bro.

Bye.

I've read and responded to many of your threads/posts.

I wish I could comiserate with you, but in good conscience I can't.

All that in 110 posts?

And I'm not sure what the reaction score is for but yours is bloody awful.

Back
Top Bottom