• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Give up your homes now

So 3 people in Seattle where shouting "give up your homes!"

And this scares you?

Everything scares republicans, fear is a basic staple of their daily diet, washed down with a few lies by their leader.

The sky is falling, better call in the federal troops.

This has to do with gentrification. But didn't you guys say that white people were fleeing the cities anyway?

You're absolutely right. This has been something that people have overlooked for far too long. I can speak from second-hand personal experience about the effect of 'gentrification' through my son who had an apartment in Bronx, NY.

His apartment was in a mixed-race neighborhood. These apartments were close to a subway line, hospital, bus route and major highway. His apartment was a one-bedroom sixth floor walk-up (no elevator). His rent was $1200 a month plus utilities which are extremely high in New York, and this was six years ago, so the rents are much higher today. The white collar workers in Manhattan can't afford Manhattan real estate and rents so the 'gentrification' of the outlying boroughs began. Bronx was slowly being converted from predominantly black and Hispanic renters to white.

Entire buildings were sold and the new owners immediately raised the rents extremely high which forced out just about everyone. Then they renovate the apartments. Throw in some new floors and plumbing, update the kitchens and replace the floors. Voila, the apartment is now very desirable to middle and upper income white families at double the former monthly rental cost.

But where do these displaced people go? Many were forced into went to city-managed, low rent high rise ghettos. These high-rise ghettos are close to bus and subway lines. They have their own neighborhood supermarkets or are close enough to take a bus to shop. This is exactly where cities want them, all condensed in one area in rent-controlled low-income housing. So yes, there's anger there over gentrification.

Hopefully all you that support BLM are preparing to move out of your homes. If you don’t leave and give your home to BLM, you are racist.

Seattle BLM protesters demand white people ‘give up' their homes

How old are you? Are you older than 10 years old?

You still don't know that if you look you can find people doing and asking for just about anything that the mind can imagine? That doesn't make it a problem as it takes a majority to make anything happen and a few people, even tens of people, even hundreds of people, or even thousands of people ain't going to make it happen.

If you are so interested in the exceptions and not the rule, I suggest you read this article and join one of those protests.

You're absolutely right. This has been something that people have overlooked for far too long. I can speak from second-hand personal experience about the effect of 'gentrification' through my son who had an apartment in Bronx, NY.

His apartment was in a mixed-race neighborhood. These apartments were close to a subway line, hospital, bus route and major highway. His apartment was a one-bedroom sixth floor walk-up (no elevator). His rent was $1200 a month plus utilities which are extremely high in New York, and this was six years ago, so the rents are much higher today. The white collar workers in Manhattan can't afford Manhattan real estate and rents so the 'gentrification' of the outlying boroughs began. Bronx was slowly being converted from predominantly black and Hispanic renters to white.

Entire buildings were sold and the new owners immediately raised the rents extremely high which forced out just about everyone. Then they renovate the apartments. Throw in some new floors and plumbing, update the kitchens and replace the floors. Voila, the apartment is now very desirable to middle and upper income white families at double the former monthly rental cost.

But where do these displaced people go? Many were forced into went to city-managed, low rent high rise ghettos. These high-rise ghettos are close to bus and subway lines. They have their own neighborhood supermarkets or are close enough to take a bus to shop. This is exactly where cities want them, all condensed in one area in rent-controlled low-income housing. So yes, there's anger there over gentrification.

And it is happening everywhere, Washington DC for example. I hadn't visited DC in about 10 years. I was surprise to see the once poor ghettos are now luxury apartments and brownstones selling for 1/2 million dollars and up. So the alternative there is to move the poor blacks into low income housing in Prince Georges County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington DC. So when Trump says he wants to save the 'suburban lifestyle dream' , it lets me know that he has no clue as to what is going on in this country. He is a total idiot.

One of my best friends said it correctly, he said he will give up his home when he has fired his last round!!!!

And it is happening everywhere, Washington DC for example. I hadn't visited DC in about 10 years. I was surprise to see the once poor ghettos are now luxury apartments and brownstones selling for 1/2 million dollars and up. So the alternative there is to move the poor blacks into low income housing in Prince Georges County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington DC. So when Trump says he wants to save the 'suburban lifestyle dream' , it lets me know that he has no clue as to what is going on in this country. He is a total idiot.

Something else I found out. It's a common misconception that children who live in a city all receive the same education. Nothing could be further from the truth. School district borders are drawn along municipality lines that reflect years of residential segregation. Mostly white districts get more funding than districts composed primarily of students of color. Funding for education is a combination of federal, state, and local dollars. Local funding largely comes from property taxes. Federal money, which accounts for just 10 percent of all education funding, tends to target low-income students or other distinct groups.

'Researchers found that high-poverty districts serving mostly students of color receive about $1,600 less per student than the national average. That's while school districts that are predominately white and poor receive about $130 less.' School Districts Serving Students Of Color Have Less Money : NPR

In essence, the children of people of color that have been displaced though gentrification and force-moved into concentrated areas of a low-income population, will receive an inferior education and have far less social programs to aide with inner city problems like drugs and truancy. I don't think that anyone, whether they're a democrat or republican, would disagree with the premise that education is key to socioeconomic independence and advancement. When republicans condemn those people who live in ghettos and yell about 'it's their own fault, they could get better jobs' -- no, they cannot because our government doesn't want them to get better jobs, they want them where they can control them. And, that's exactly where they are.

The lesson here is simple. If you're a person of color and poor in this country, you don't have equal opportunity. If you're born white, you have a large advantage from the start even if you're born poor.

Last edited:
Something else I found out. It's a common misconception that children who live in a city all receive the same education. Nothing could be further from the truth. School district borders are drawn along municipality lines that reflect years of residential segregation. Mostly white districts get more funding than districts composed primarily of students of color. Funding for education is a combination of federal, state, and local dollars. Local funding largely comes from property taxes. Federal money, which accounts for just 10 percent of all education funding, tends to target low-income students or other distinct groups.

'Researchers found that high-poverty districts serving mostly students of color receive about $1,600 less per student than the national average. That's while school districts that are predominately white and poor receive about $130 less.' School Districts Serving Students Of Color Have Less Money : NPR

In essence, the children of people of color that have been displaced though gentrification and force-moved into concentrated areas of a low-income population, will receive an inferior education and have far less social programs to aide with inner city problems like drugs and truancy. I don't think that anyone, whether they're a democrat or republican, would disagree with the premise that education is key to socioeconomic independence and advancement. When republicans condemn those people who live in ghettos and yell about 'it's their own fault, they could get better jobs' -- no, they cannot because our government doesn't want them to get better jobs, they want them where they can control them. And, that's exactly where they are.

That is so true. In essence, public education is really private education. If you can afford to pay high property taxes, you get good education. If now.....Well

Howard County MD is a perfect example

Howard County state lawmakers seek data on redistricting, could tweak plan

One of my best friends said it correctly, he said he will give up his home when he has fired his last round!!!!

Nice story bro

So 3 people in Seattle where shouting "give up your homes!"

And this scares you?

The Communist Revolution in Russia started with one man saying "give up your homes".

The Communist Revolution in Cuba started with 23 people.

You're talking out of your ass

But then a conservative talking out his ass speaks the truth. Liberals can speak out of their ass, because their head is in the way.

No one in elected leadership is there to tell someone they aren't allowed to say "give up your homes"?

Some constitution-loving American you are. :lol:

Outside of someone's home? What part of "peaceably assemble" don't you understand?

iu

We could rehab a lot of the run-down or abandoned homes to give people a place to live and do it at little cost, the price of current rent or with no interest loans and to create jobs.

Typical liberal disconnect from reality.

Rehabbing old houses isn't cheap. Have you ever built anything in your life?

iu

We could rehab a lot of the run-down or abandoned homes to give people a place to live and do it at little cost, the price of current rent or with no interest loans and to create jobs.

Get on that. Get Oprah to cut a check.

Because they think they're safe.

They're all expecting to have a seat at the table, but they haven't figured out that there aren't that many sests at the table.

It's amazing how much of a mountain that the NYPOST makes out of a molehill. It is what I expect from a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Yeah, and all the protests are peaceful, too...lol

And Antifa has already stated, several times, wearing mask to hide their Identity, that if those people don't sign over their homes to BLM, they will burn the homes down, with the residents inside them...

IAW, Murder!

And Domestic Terrorism.

But, we already knew that BLM and Antifa were Terrorists.

And the Democratic Party has aligned itself with Known Terrorists who are threatening the Lives of American Citizens.

That makes the Democratic Party also a Terrorist Group.

-

ANTIFA and BLM make up the militant wing of the Democrat party. Every communist movement has a militant wing to intimidate the non-believers.

Someone who declares them self to be your victim is far more dangerous to you than someone who declares them self to be your master.
When someone declares them self to be your enemy, believe them.

Is BLM actually saying black people are too stupid or lazy to go out and get a job and buy their own home????

Back
Top Bottom