• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Give me one GOOD reason

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Give me one GOOD reason why cities should give protection to criminal invaders that have committed a crime. Protecting them from ICE is actually a criminal action. They need to be turned over to ICE to be locked up for their crime, and then deported!!!!!

I think you're in the wrong forum...

Give me one GOOD reason why cities should give protection to criminal invaders that have committed a crime. Protecting them from ICE is actually a criminal action. They need to be turned over to ICE to be locked up for their crime, and then deported!!!!!
They vote Democrat

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Replace the words "criminal invaders" with "Jews," "ICE" with "the Gestapo," and "deported" with "taken away." Then reread the sentence.

First, give us one good OP not loaded with false assumption.

Cities are not "giving protection" to "criminal invaders."

They are refusing to expend limited police resources doing ICE's job for them. There's no law requiring state or local police to expend resources enforcing federal law. You favor unfunded federal mandates, I see.

They will vote democrat.

They are refusing to expend limited police resources doing ICE's job for them. There's no law requiring state or local police to expend resources enforcing federal law. You favor unfunded federal mandates, I see.

I do think police departments should be working with the federal government on flagging violent offenders though. It definitely gets into murkier waters when you're asking police departments to start taking on immigration enforcement duties which is why it was challenged legally.

Replace the words "criminal invaders" with "Jews," "ICE" with "the Gestapo," and "deported" with "taken away." Then reread the sentence.

Replace "Slightly" with "Paralyzingly" in your Lean then repost your bio.

I do think police departments should be working with the federal government on flagging violent offenders though. It definitely gets into murkier waters when you're asking police departments to start taking on immigration enforcement duties which is why it was challenged legally.

What do you mean by "flagging violent offenders?" They do that already. Violent offenders get arrested and charged with crimes.

Wow great police resources. Just keeping them in jail till ICE shows up to claim them.

Replace "Slightly" with "Paralyzingly" in your Lean then repost your bio.

So soon with the ad hominem attacks. :lol:
Dismissed. :2wave:

Try replacing "criminal invaders" with "sex trafficker" "ICE" with "ICE" and "deported" with "arrested." That makes more sense.

Equating Jews with illegal immigrants is not cool.

Easy.... 10th amendment of the United States constitution... Any more questions?

Supporters of fascism love "states rights" until they don't.

Incorrect.... They are releasing illegal aliens (who have been detained, arrested and or have done their time) back into the community rather than notify ICE so that ICE can do their job efficiently.

Easy.... 10th amendment of the United States constitution... Any more questions?
Not quite, but nice try.

The 10th begins with "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution..." This is a power specifically delegated to the United States. Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 reads, “… To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, …”.

Not quite, but nice try.

The 10th begins with "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution..." This is a power specifically delegated to the United States. Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 reads, “… To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, …”.

If only you could get just ONE federal judge to believe your legal argument...

If only you could get just ONE federal judge to believe your legal argument...
There are many Judges that agree. They are not the ones that get the cases.

FYI, ICE doesn't enforce non-immigration laws, and doesn't do prosecutions or long-term incarceration.

Other than that, there's no good reason IMO why sanctuary policies should apply to those who have been arrested and convicted of a crime.

You should read the below. Your thread doesn't come close to the standards.
Breaking News Guildelines [updated 10-29-09]

Wow! Is that some sort of a Guinness record for the number of times the words crime and criminal appear in three sentences?

Back
Top Bottom