• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Give me one GOOD reason

Give me one GOOD reason why cities should give protection to criminal invaders that have committed a crime. Protecting them from ICE is actually a criminal action. They need to be turned over to ICE to be locked up for their crime, and then deported!!!!!

No good reason for that.
Give me one good reason why cities should divert personnel and resources to help the feds when the feds bite off more than they can chew. Easy when you live in Ohio or someplace to say the LA city cops should chase down illegal immigrants. It's not your taxes you're spending.

So soon with the ad hominem attacks. :lol:
Dismissed. :2wave:

You mean you didn't know your post sounded extremely left-wing caricaturish?
Then I should have said "Naively".

Wow great police resources. Just keeping them in jail till ICE shows up to claim them.

Claim who? Every single person who the police arrest, ever?

Incorrect.... They are releasing illegal aliens (who have been detained, arrested and or have done their time) back into the community rather than notify ICE so that ICE can do their job efficiently.

Wait, so ICE knows exactly where these illegal aliens are and doesn't bother to show up?

No...

ICE can't show up in time to pick the offenders up if local law enforcement doesn't tell them....

In time? So these folks haven't actually been convicted of a crime? You want local law enforcement to hold people without cause?

Cities are not "giving protection" to "criminal invaders."

They are refusing to expend limited police resources doing ICE's job for them. There's no law requiring state or local police to expend resources enforcing federal law. You favor unfunded federal mandates, I see.

Well, at least you admit that the Democratic governments in those cities do not see keeping murderers and rapists from attacking the citizens of their city as part of their jobs, explaining no one can force them not to release back into the public their so-beloved rapists, pedophiles and murderers that they invited to their cities promising them sanctuary from the criminal justice system of both the USA and their own countries.

Well, at least you admit that the Democratic governments in those cities do not see keeping murderers and rapists from attacking the citizens of their city as part of their jobs, explaining no one can force them not to release back into the public their so-beloved rapists, pedophiles and murderers that they invited to their cities promising them sanctuary from the criminal justice system of both the USA and their own countries.

Murder and rape are, in fact, crimes at a local level. Now you're accusing our nation's police officers of ignoring murder? Take your hate for cops somewhere else, I'm not interested. While you're at it, take your racist bull**** of "all illegal immigrants are going to rape your precious white daughters" out of here.

This should be the response of the FBI, the DOJ and every other federal agency when local and state law enforcement requests their assistance such as Democrats ranting there has been a civil rights violation or major crime/act of terrorism: "You aren't paying us to do this and you can't make us do anything."

This should be the response of the FBI, the DOJ and every other federal agency when local and state law enforcement requests their assistance such as Democrats ranting there has been a civil rights violation or major crime/act of terrorism: "You aren't paying us to do this and you can't make us do anything."

At least you're admitting you don't actually care about enforcing the law, you just want to hurt democrats.

They are refusing to expend limited police resources doing ICE's job for them. There's no law requiring state or local police to expend resources enforcing federal law. You favor unfunded federal mandates, I see.

Limited resources haha. A cop sits on the road in construction zones all the time just so people are more likely to follow the cones, but they cant be asked to monitor a person in jail until an ICE agent arrives to pick them up.

Give me one GOOD reason why cities should give protection to criminal invaders that have committed a crime. Protecting them from ICE is actually a criminal action. They need to be turned over to ICE to be locked up for their crime, and then deported!!!!!

There are plenty of good reasons. Sanctuary Cities have been shown to have stronger economies and lower crime rates.

The Effects of Sanctuary Policies on Crime and the Economy - Center for American Progress

Regardless, immigration laws are purely within the Federal realm - by the terms of the 10th Amendment, State and Local Governments can't be compelled to take a role in enforcing them. They can assist the Federal Government if that's their policy, but they can't be compelled to do so.

What would Jesus do??????/

Crossed the border today. Took close to an hour in line. Interrogation, inspection if documents (passport, driver's license) ran license plate. Let me pass. Not that differently than had I come illegally as it turns out.

Luckily I didn't have any Crown Royal on board.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Unfair expectation of internal consistency! Five yard penalty!

Crossed the border today. Took close to an hour in line. Interrogation, inspection if documents (passport, driver's license) ran license plate. Let me pass. Not that differently than had I come illegally as it turns out.

Luckily I didn't have any Crown Royal on board.
I usually have to settle for Royal Crown.

Limited resources haha. A cop sits on the road in construction zones all the time just so people are more likely to follow the cones,
I honestly don't ever think I've seen a cop do this.

but they cant be asked to monitor a person in jail until an ICE agent arrives to pick them up.
Police aren't allowed to just hold you because they feel like it.

No...

ICE can't show up in time to pick the offenders up if local law enforcement doesn't tell them....

Doesn't tell them what? Do you think illegal immigrants have tattoos on their foreheads?

Intentional ignorance noted.

I'm sure you're aware, libertarian, that the police are not allowed to just hold you for no reason.

Who determined some random suspect is an illegal immigrant? Was it a court of law?

I'm sure you're aware, libertarian, that the police are not allowed to just hold you for no reason.

Who determined some random suspect is an illegal immigrant? Was it a court of law?

I am aware, Undisclosed, that if the local PD does not inform ICE they are releasing illegal aliens it is impossible for ICE to do their job which includes deporting said illegal aliens.

Kinda hard to be there for a release if you aren't informed of the release.....

It has zero to do with holding someone beyond their release time.

Back
Top Bottom