• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Give Democrats What They want

washunut

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Time for CEOs especially at our biggest banks to accede to the demands of Schumer/Pelosi/Warren. They want no bailouts for corporations and our banks to be smaller.

So I would suggest that if they want to be good stewards of their business it would be good to stop new lending immediately. There is no way under current conditions that anyone knows which loan can/will be repaid. At the same time announce that they will not renew any lease that comes up for renewal. No need for as many branches and employees if the goal is to shrink. This would be good business for another reason. Banks now sell for less than book value. Meaning if they just run down their assets and number of employees the owners will actually make more money.

Problem solved. Warren gets the bank break-up she has been clamoring for the last decade. Schumer/Pelosi get the depression they are looking for to propel them into full control of the American government.

Time for CEOs especially at our biggest banks to accede to the demands of Schumer/Pelosi/Warren. They want no bailouts for corporations and our banks to be smaller.

So I would suggest that if they want to be good stewards of their business it would be good to stop new lending immediately. There is no way under current conditions that anyone knows which loan can/will be repaid. At the same time announce that they will not renew any lease that comes up for renewal. No need for as many branches and employees if the goal is to shrink. This would be good business for another reason. Banks now sell for less than book value. Meaning if they just run down their assets and number of employees the owners will actually make more money.

Problem solved. Warren gets the bank break-up she has been clamoring for the last decade. Schumer/Pelosi get the depression they are looking for to propel them into full control of the American government.

They also want provisions for diversity hiring on boards, $15 minimum wage, an extra half trillion, zero carbon emissions from airplanes, federal union expansion, USPS debt forgiveness, newspaper pension plans and lots more that has nothing to do with the economic crisis going on right now

They also want provisions for diversity hiring on boards, $15 minimum wage, an extra half trillion, zero carbon emissions from airplanes, federal union expansion, USPS debt forgiveness, newspaper pension plans and lots more that has nothing to do with the economic crisis going on right now

Don't be hyperbolic here. I saw an interview with Warren and she was perfectly reasonable and very much willing to compromise. If you're ok with big corporations buying back stock and giving executives big fat bonuses with your tax dollars, then you're the one being unreasonable. Especially after what happened in 2008.

"Give Democrats What They want"

And if you don't, then screw you and the job you just lost. Screw you and your company that just folded.

Give us what we want or screw ALL of you Americans.

"Give Democrats What They want"

And if you don't, then screw you and the job you just lost. Screw you and your company that just folded.

Give us what we want or screw ALL of you Americans.

You ok with forking over money without any rules?

The problem is what is always is, everyone in Congress is trying to take a crisis for a legislative wishlist test drive. This time around though it is Democrats that took it further than Republicans trying to use a crisis to their ideological wants, and Democrats are rightfully being called out for it.

Now is not the time for trying to Christmas tree a very needed economic stimulus package, there is a chance that several trillion could be shaved off this years GDP for this nation and monetary policy alone is useless.

Pelosi and Schumer overplayed this and naturally screwed up.

You ok with forking over money without any rules?

I'm okay with rules, but I'm not okay with the poison pills that Chuck and Nancy loaded into a bill that is supposed to provide temporary economic relief.

Don't be hyperbolic here. I saw an interview with Warren and she was perfectly reasonable and very much willing to compromise. If you're ok with big corporations buying back stock and giving executives big fat bonuses with your tax dollars, then you're the one being unreasonable. Especially after what happened in 2008.

How in the world do you come up with the highlights from Pelosi bill being hyperbolic? I didn't even get into voting laws crammed in there, as if they are somehow related to economic crisis. I get it, tho, facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Cant call a quote hyperbolic, so what about Clyburn calling this a tremendous opportunity to restructure things as they see fit?

Manchin erupts into shouting match with McConnell: You’re ‘more concerned about the health of Wall Street’

“You can throw all the money at Wall Street you want to,” Manchin said after McConnell blamed Democrats for a stalled stimulus bill. “People are afraid to leave their homes. They’re afraid of the health care. I’ve got workers who don’t have masks. I’ve got health care workers who don’t have gowns.”

A big fat NO to a slush fund that McConnell can use to give early Christmas presents to the corporations.
Relief must help every American who makes less than 250 thousand dollars a year at the very least.

How in the world do you come up with the highlights from Pelosi bill being hyperbolic? I didn't even get into voting laws crammed in there, as if they are somehow related to economic crisis. I get it, tho, facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Cant call a quote hyperbolic, so what about Clyburn calling this a tremendous opportunity to restructure things as they see fit?

One key holdup appears to still be roughly $500 billion in funds for loans and loan guarantees for distressed companies, states and localities without enough guidelines or oversight to satisfy Democrats. They are seeking to ensure that any bailout for large companies will primarily benefit workers. But pushback from Democrats has centered on not only the substance of the legislation, but on the process that Republicans used to come up with it as well, arguing that they were locked out of negotiations at the start.

Think it would have helped if they included Democrats from the start???

Stimulus package latest: GOP senators say stimulus vote unlikely tonight as negotiations continue - CNNPolitics

Manchin erupts into shouting match with McConnell: You’re ‘more concerned about the health of Wall Street’

A big fat NO to a slush fund that McConnell can use to give early Christmas presents to the corporations.
Relief must help every American who makes less than 250 thousand dollars a year at the very least.

Just two weeks ago EVERYONE was concerned about the health of Wall Street. Especially everyday Americans who have 401k's tied to Wall Street.

Doesn't Manchin care about those people anymore? (Or does he want to keep Wall Street on the ropes so he can use it to attack Trump?)

'Never let a crisis go to waste' (to get what you want but can't get through legitimate means - isn't this the definition of extortion?)

<*sigh*> SMH.

If this is what governing the nation has come to, we are in a lot worse trouble than this viral outbreak.

When a group is not included, they have to come up with bargaining chips. Warren said herself this morning that she would sign the bill if a few factors like stock buy back options are prevented by regulations before any tax money changes hard. This is pretty god-darned reasonable.

“In the midst of an unprecedented national crisis, Republicans can’t seriously expect us to tell people in our communities who are suffering that we shortchanged hospitals, students, workers, and small businesses but gave big corporations hundreds of billions of dollars in a secretive slush fund,” said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., whose home state is one of the hardest-hit by the disease.
Coronavirus stimulus: GOP bill fails in key Senate procedural vote

I suspect if your voting laws were crammed in there, you'd posted a link.

Not just no, but **** no.

They DID include Dems from the start. Even Sen. Cotton said so.

McConnell has defended his approach, telling CNN's Dana Bash Thursday, "Republicans are in the majority in the Senate. We wanted to put forward our proposal. We feel like we have an obligation to do that as a majority and the Democrats, of course, need to be given an opportunity to react to it."

Stimulus package latest: McConnell says no votes tonight as stimulus negotiations continue - CNNPolitics

That is not what you call negotiation.

Just two weeks ago EVERYONE was concerned about the health of Wall Street. Especially everyday Americans who have 401k's tied to Wall Street.

Doesn't Manchin care about those people anymore? (Or does he want to keep Wall Street on the ropes so he can use it to attack Trump?)

No..."EVERYONE" wasn't.

When a group is not included, they have to come up with bargaining chips. Warren said herself this morning that she would sign the bill if a few factors like stock buy back options are prevented by regulations before any tax money changes hard. This is pretty god-darned reasonable.

Not one company that did stock buybacks with their previous tax break should get a single dime.

And there will be no negotiation as long as Trump is in office because Democrats hate America. If everything crashes and burns then they get EXACTLY what they want.

Wow, it sounds like you copied and pasted something McConnell said, with a couple of minor word substitutions.

Back
Top Bottom