• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Giuliani says his son's first act, as Governor, will be to fire DA Bragg for NOT prosecuting DJT

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Whaaaaat?!! Is this true that a governor can fire any DA prosecutor in the same state? If true, then what's Giuliani's angle with his statement? Is this a vote getter in a blue state? Has DJT pissed The Rudy off so bad that Giuliani seeks revenge on DA Bragg for putting the kabosh on NYSD v DJT? Is the entire article a spoof? WTF gives???????????????? :eek:

"You're telling me -- I want to make sure we're clear -- Andrew Giuliani as governor of New York, the first action he will take will be to dismiss -- and they have the power to dismiss the DA?" Bannon asked.

"And the mayor!" Giuliani confirmed. "I could have at any time been dismissed by the governor of New York."

"In the case of Bragg, he gets dismissed for not following his oath of office," he continued. "He doesn't have a right to set up whole categories of crime that he's not going to prosecute. He has the right to not prosecute a particular case for some reason. But he doesn't have a right to say, 'Oh, I'm not going to prosecute anybody who does a hold-up but doesn't shoot anybody.'"

Ghouliani should just go away but hes certainly loud for a soon to be corpse.

Um... am I having some kind of brain seizure? What am I reading?

First, prosecutors actually do have quite a lot of prosecutorial discretion about what they want and do not want to charge, so he's actually wrong there.

Second, whh.. what's the angle? That this looks like a show of strength because it suggests Trump wants to prove his innocence, and it's safe to make that show of strength because Giuiliani can trust/know for a fact that Bragg won't pursue the prosecution? What would provide the lattermost? :unsure:

And if it's not that, what the hell sense does it make? If he really doesn't have reason to know this is dead then why taunt the DA? All that does is help put public pressure on to continue with the case, and you wouldn't want to do that if

Weird any way you cut it. I'm not buying that it's because the serial liar knows Trump is innocent. You really don't often see prosecutors resigning with forceful letters about certainty that they could prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. And the timing stinks.

Whaaaaat?!! Is this true that a governor can fire any DA prosecutor in the same state? If true, then what's Giuliani's angle with his statement? Is this a vote getter in a blue state? Has DJT pissed The Rudy off so bad that Giuliani seeks revenge on DA Bragg for putting the kabosh on NYSD v DJT? Is the entire article a spoof? WTF gives???????????????? :eek:

"You're telling me -- I want to make sure we're clear -- Andrew Giuliani as governor of New York, the first action he will take will be to dismiss -- and they have the power to dismiss the DA?" Bannon asked.

"And the mayor!" Giuliani confirmed. "I could have at any time been dismissed by the governor of New York."

"In the case of Bragg, he gets dismissed for not following his oath of office," he continued. "He doesn't have a right to set up whole categories of crime that he's not going to prosecute. He has the right to not prosecute a particular case for some reason. But he doesn't have a right to say, 'Oh, I'm not going to prosecute anybody who does a hold-up but doesn't shoot anybody.'"
Prosecute DJT for what?

DA Briggs was elected, just Rudy being Rudy...
1648760074665.png

Tax fraud, wire fraud, bank fraud, insurance fraud. Are you seeing a pattern?
And don't forget; He got 2 scoops of ice cream.

The pattern is that Trump Hating Democrat Operatives are constantly screeching a lot of noise.

He has been out of office for over a year, he has no power or any real backup. Yet the SDNY is running away from this. They are doing that because they know that it has always been BS and under close scrutiny it will backfire on them.

And don't forget; He got 2 scoops of ice cream.

The pattern is that Trump Hating Democrat Operatives are constantly screeching a lot of noise.

He has been out of office for over a year, he has no power or any real backup. Yet the SDNY is running away from this. They are doing that because they know that it has always been BS and under close scrutiny it will backfire on them.
You're gonna need a source for that nugget. He's been doing the same thing for years.

They were Jan 6-related charges.
I cant wait until after the next midterm election when Democrats are swiped from power in the Senate & Congress and we can have real investigations concerning 2020 vote fraud and corrupt federal law enforcement officials role in creating Jan 6.

You're gonna need a source for that nugget. He's been doing the same thing for years.
No, proving a negative is impossible and requesting it shows just how over your head you are.

You are the one who has the burden of proof, to show that Trump as been charged with anything or that any of these hyperbolic allegations have done anything but fall apart.

No, proving a negative is impossible and requesting it shows just how over your head you are.

You are the one who has the burden of proof, to show that Trump as been charged with anything or that any of these hyperbolic allegations have done anything but fall apart.
How is asking you to prove the SDNY running away from the prosecution is proving a negative...unless you just made it up.

Guilani might deserve a prison cell himself.

I cant wait until after the next midterm election when Democrats are swiped from power in the Senate & Congress and we can have real investigations concerning 2020 vote fraud and corrupt federal law enforcement officials role in creating Jan 6.

Why didnt we have them before, what stopped them?

Why, in the 2.5 months before the inauguration, the GOP, in power, with all their majority votes and resources, didnt form a commission or major official investigation to investigate the heck out of every state's elections and voting? To investigate all the challenges and claims in a coordinated official manner, using the DOJ or other judicial authority, much of which they controlled or appointed? (They could have done it after Jan 20, even now....)​
Why wouldnt the GOP have moved heaven and earth, done everything legally possible, to retain power and to maintain their hold on the Whitehouse? As if they'd prefer the Democrats for 4 yrs and have to start all over again in 2024 and lose a lot of their own personal power and conservative initiatives? Risk all that?​

--and--

Straight from the GOP's mouth:​

"We looked -- as a part of our due diligence, we looked at over 60 different accusations made in multiple states."​
"The election was fair, as fair as we have seen. We simply did not win the election, as Republicans, for the presidency. And moving forward -- and that's the way we want to look at this -- moving forward, we have to refocus once again on what it's going to take to win the presidency.​

What explains all that?

Prosecutors on the case are all resigning, the head prosecutor is expressing doubts. nuff said

The prosecutors are resigning because they strongly disagree with the DA deciding not to pursue charges. They believe there's plenty of evidence proving The Donald's involvement and are resigning in protest.

You dont even understand what this is about.

I liked Andrew better when he despised his father for leaving his mother, Donna Hanover.

Oh wtf, I didn't want to read that

I know, right? The bile rose in my throat when I read it the other day.

Such a disgusting family. Can you imagine if any of the Biden men said that? Or Obama? Trump Fan Nation would explode.

Tax fraud, wire fraud, bank fraud, insurance fraud. Are you seeing a pattern?
Oh yes..... the we are going to get Trump mentality. We have heard this same crap for years now. It's just delusional dreaming.

The prosecutors are resigning because they strongly disagree with the DA deciding not to pursue charges. They believe there's plenty of evidence proving The Donald's involvement and are resigning in protest.

You dont even understand what this is about.
Show the indictments

Show the indictments
You've heard of a c*ck indictment blocker, right? Meet Alvin Bragg.

One of two top prosecutors who resigned over the Manhattan district attorney’s alleged decision to stop heading toward indicting former President Donald Trump for crimes said in a bombshell resignation letter that Trump was “guilty of numerous felony violations.”

In that letter, Pomerantz said those felonies related to the “preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition,” which “were false,” according to a copy of the letter obtained by The New York Times, which first reported its details.

Pomerantz also told Bragg that the DA’s decision not to seek charges against Trump, and to “indefinitely” suspend the 3-year-old probe was “contrary to the public interest.”

You've heard of a c*ck indictment blocker, right? Meet Alvin Bragg.

One of two top prosecutors who resigned over the Manhattan district attorney’s alleged decision to stop heading toward indicting former President Donald Trump for crimes said in a bombshell resignation letter that Trump was “guilty of numerous felony violations.”

In that letter, Pomerantz said those felonies related to the “preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition,” which “were false,” according to a copy of the letter obtained by The New York Times, which first reported its details.

Pomerantz also told Bragg that the DA’s decision not to seek charges against Trump, and to “indefinitely” suspend the 3-year-old probe was “contrary to the public interest.”
Except there were two Grand Jurys empaneled long before Bragg took office, what happened to those?

Also the Democrat Alvin Bragg is as big a trump hater as anyone.

The fact is: with any formal action by a DA office the case goes past the "talking point" stage and the accused gets to defend themselves with the DA's case can being closely scrutinized.

Back
Top Bottom