• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Giuliani changes tune about Trump campaign collusion

RaleBulgarian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
For many months Giuliani (and other trump minions) have been shouting “no collusion, no collusion!”. Following the botched redaction of court papers submitted by Manafort’s attorneys, the first solid evidence connecting a Trump surrogate to a Russian with government connections has been confirmed.

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion between the campaign' and Russia

“WASHINGTON – In a stunning interview on CNN Wednesday evening, President Donald Trump's attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said there may have been "collusion" between members of the Trump campaign and Russia – but the president wasn't involved.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2600268002

Yeah, sure. :roll:

Ah HA! Now we'll get to the bottom of this. Rudy's name probably isn't even Rudy, either.

Rudy seemed a bit agitated in that interview. Maybe it's finally dawning on him that he is in the impossible position of trying to defend the indefensible?

Rudy seemed a bit agitated in that interview. Maybe it's finally dawning on him that he is in the impossible position of trying to defend the indefensible?

Rudy is trying to stay ahead of the game, so to speak.

For many months Giuliani (and other trump minions) have been shouting “no collusion, no collusion!”. Following the botched redaction of court papers submitted by Manafort’s attorneys, the first solid evidence connecting a Trump surrogate to a Russian with government connections has been confirmed.

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion between the campaign' and Russia

“WASHINGTON – In a stunning interview on CNN Wednesday evening, President Donald Trump's attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said there may have been "collusion" between members of the Trump campaign and Russia – but the president wasn't involved.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2600268002

Yeah, sure. :roll:

The arrogance of this man and Trump saying they never said something when it's on video tape for all to see is astounding. They must really think we're all stupid and have the attention span of a gnat.

And again, collusion is not a crime.

Correct. Collusion is not a crime. It is a catch-all term for the multitude of crimes that have potentially occurred. Not least of which being conspiracy against the United States.

You're quoting Rudy now? Are you sure you want to do that? He keeps changing the story line and producing false statements just like his client.

It depends on what kind of collusion. If individuals conspired with a foreign advisory to effect our election it damn well is a crime. And considering that there are at least 100 incidents of Trump's associates conferring with the Russians, and lying about it, I'd say something is smoking so much it's a dumpster fire.

The fact that you are still in denial shows how partisan you are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/politics/mueller-investigation-charges.html

Ah HA! Now we'll get to the bottom of this. Rudy's name probably isn't even Rudy, either.

Could be anything ..........”Giuliani: ‘Truth isn’t truth’

Some similarities between Trump/Rudy's Russia arguments and Trump's Wall arguments rise to the surface as we get deeper into each of these buckets of crap.

Initially, Trump's position on Russia and his campaign was that there was no contact of any sort between his campaign and Russians. Then it was no contacts of consequence. After several iterations and much backpedaling, the argument Trump/Rudy makes now is "never said there was no collusion by anybody in the campaign".

By the way, take a breath Rudy, while collusion is clearly an Impeachment issue, Mueller is out after Conspiracy and it looks like he is going to get there.

Now lets look at the Wall argument. That has been all over the map from a sea to shining sea solid construction Wall to Bollard Fence to Artistic Slates with the length of same and efficacy of same also all over the map.

The similarity between the two? When you can't keep your story straight for two tellings in a row its because you don't have a story. You are lying and/or talking through your hat if not both!

"I never said no one was not involved in collusion that never may not have happened, and even if it didn't not happen there was neither consequence nor collusion. HOW CAN I MAKE IT ANY MORE CLEAR? THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER!!!"

The actual term being used by goverment prosecutors is 'criminal conspiracy', which while a form a 'collusion' is indeed a crime. Do keep up

In full,

“Mr. Mayor, false reporting is saying that nobody in the campaign had any contacts with Russia,” Cuomo responded. “False reporting is saying that there has been no suggestion of any kind of collusion between the campaign and any Russians.” Giuliani jumped in. “You just misstated my position,” Giuliani said. “I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or between people in the campaign.”

Cuomo’s face contorted into an expression of disbelief. “Yes, you have,” he shot back.

As recently as July, Giuliani was asked by Fox News contributor Guy Benson, “Regardless of whether collusion would be a crime, is it still the position of you and your client that there was no collusion with the Russians whatsoever on behalf of the Trump campaign?” “Correct,” Giuliani responded at the time.

But on Wednesday, Giuliani appeared to amend his previous comments on the subject. “I said the president of the United States,” he protested, arguing that he had only ever said Trump himself was not connected to any Russian meddling in the 2016 election. “There is not a single bit of evidence the president of the United States committed the only crime you can commit here, conspired with the Russians to hack the DNC.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...trump-campaign-russia/?utm_term=.da3bf219026e

And since everyone seems to be falling for the "collusion" ruse, the investigation was not into "collusion." The word doesn't appear.

:roll:

In part:

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. s. 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600.10 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the special counsel.

[FONT=&quot]https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/politics/document-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html[/FONT]

28 C.F.R. s. 600.4(a):

(a) . . . The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

(Go look it up online).

See that? The first of three broad mandates was to look for "links and/or coordination", which is broader than collusion. Moreover, because "high crimes and misdemeanors" is undefined and because there is no judicial review conviction on articles of impeachment, there actually is NOT any requirement that the President have committed an offense in the US Code to be impeached.

So even if it did say "collusion" in the letter - it does not - collusion could be a grounds for impeachment, were the GOP congress to have any sense of honor or basic human decency. That someone cannot find "collusion" or "links and/or coordination" in the U.S. Code does not mean congress cannot consider conspiring with the enemy to win an election worthy of impeachment.

But don't worry, Trumpists. Everything you said is bull**** that was carefully measured out by messaging experts. But your man is still safe because the GOP is honorless. Might makes right, right?

Democracy, on the other hand, not so much...

Last edited:
I think what Rudy needs most, is probably an AA meeting and a 24 hour chip!:lamo

When the President's own attorney is all but admitting collusion occurred between the Trump campaign and Russia, I fully expect all Trump supporters to stop pretending it didn't happen.

That's going to happen, right? Right?

When the President's own attorney is all but admitting collusion occurred between the Trump campaign and Russia, I fully expect all Trump supporters to stop pretending it didn't happen.

Hey look, there's Obama doing something shady (10 years back)!

What about her emails man? How you explain THAT? Stoopid libruls! I just smacked you down BIGLY!

You did notice right? It was YUGE!

Hey look, there's Obama doing something shady (10 years back)!

What about her emails man? How you explain THAT? Stoopid libruls! I just smacked you down BIGLY!

You did notice right? It was YUGE!
You're wrong, it's Bruce Ohr again and FISA warrants.

The Republican spin machine is not only predictable but openly dishonest.

Despite the obvious nature of it, and the worn path, I still ended up laughing. Which is good, and bad, at the same time I guess :)

Could be anything ..........”Giuliani: ‘Truth isn’t truth’

They're all around in this mess. What we all need is just one person in the upper echelons of government to stand up and tell the truth so we can sweep up the bodies and move on to more substantive things. This isn't government. It's national soap opera.

You're quoting Rudy now? Are you sure you want to do that? He keeps changing the story line and producing false statements just like his client.

It depends on what kind of collusion. If individuals conspired with a foreign advisory to effect our election it damn well is a crime. And considering that there are at least 100 incidents of Trump's associates conferring with the Russians, and lying about it, I'd say something is smoking so much it's a dumpster fire.

The fact that you are still in denial shows how partisan you are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/politics/mueller-investigation-charges.html

This whole investigation is based on if, ands or buts. It's been a reach from the very beginning by extremely partisan folks.

This whole investigation is based on if, ands or buts. It's been a reach from the very beginning by extremely partisan folks.

Well that is just plainly false. On multiple levels as well.

The investigation was based on Russia attacking our elections in 2016. Multiple Russians have been indicted for their crimes against the United States.

Robert Mueller is not some partisan that is reaching. He is a lifelong Republican and an American Patriot who has bled for this nation, devoted his entire adult life to the defense of this nation, upholding the rule of law, and defending the Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom