• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Girl asks me to church, interest in me or thinks I need Jesus?

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So the playground in my apartment complex I've been seeing the same girl there with her daughter while Im there with my daughter. We talk a lot, and the other day she asked if me and my daughter would want to go to church with her and if my daughter couldn't (if she was with her mom at the time) she still wanted me to go with her and her daughter. Let me give some set up, Im a 29 year old factory worker, dreams crushed years ago by ex, and I look like a blonde hair blue eyed ogre. She works at Hooters (which I found surprising when she told me you would have never guessed by how she talks), was featured in a local magazine for being the best student graduating, is going to another school for her Bachelors soon, is 22 and had her 4 year old when she was 18. Oh and she is also blonde hair, blue eyed, and very good looking and loves church.

So question is, is she at least relatively interested in me (Maybe she sees that Im the Iron Man of dads perhaps?) or does she just think I need Jesus that bad? Women's opinions are more valued here.

So the playground in my apartment complex I've been seeing the same girl there with her daughter while Im there with my daughter. We talk a lot, and the other day she asked if me and my daughter would want to go to church with her and if my daughter couldn't (if she was with her mom at the time) she still wanted me to go with her and her daughter. Let me give some set up, Im a 29 year old factory worker, dreams crushed years ago by ex, and I look like a blonde hair blue eyed ogre. She works at Hooters (which I found surprising when she told me you would have never guessed by how she talks), was featured in a local magazine for being the best student graduating, is going to another school for her Bachelors soon, is 22 and had her 4 year old when she was 18. Oh and she is also blonde hair, blue eyed, and very good looking and loves church.

So question is, is she at least relatively interested in me (Maybe she sees that Im the Iron Man of dads perhaps?) or does she just think I need Jesus that bad? Women's opinions are more valued here.

She's interested.

oh, for God's sake. Just noticed your profile picture. You are most certainly NOT an ogre. :lol:

It's difficult to tell. Most christians are asked through the gospels to spread the good word and invite people to the faith. (Historically: Missionaries). It may be a multi-pronged approach: 1st, see if and how you react, 2nd, to see if you'd actually go, 3rd to see if you go to get to know you better in a safe environment and 4th, because she's interested in you. It may be all, or it may be none. I'm sure you'll find out fairly quick though.

I don't know if you're the Religious type or what kind of church she's asking you to go too but I don't see anything wrong with going out to church one day if you two also plan on going on a breakfast date afterwards.

So the playground in my apartment complex I've been seeing the same girl there with her daughter while Im there with my daughter. We talk a lot, and the other day she asked if me and my daughter would want to go to church with her and if my daughter couldn't (if she was with her mom at the time) she still wanted me to go with her and her daughter. Let me give some set up, Im a 29 year old factory worker, dreams crushed years ago by ex, and I look like a blonde hair blue eyed ogre.
Run. Fast. Its a ploy. She has a fat friend there for you to meet.

She's interested.

oh, for God's sake. Just noticed your profile picture. You are most certainly NOT an ogre. :lol:

Just for reference here I am:

10869409_10100862351188610_5621330123835612373_o.jpg

I don't want to post pictures of her or anything, but if you Google "Florence, KY Hooters" she would be one of those girls that is blonde.

It's difficult to tell. Most christians are asked through the gospels to spread the good word and invite people to the faith. (Historically: Missionaries). It may be a multi-pronged approach: 1st, see if and how you react, 2nd, to see if you'd actually go, 3rd to see if you go to get to know you better in a safe environment and 4th, because she's interested in you. It may be all, or it may be none. I'm sure you'll find out fairly quick though.

Well a lot of the women I asked said the same things just different, but I think she trust me enough. She asked if I'd watch her daughter while she went and checked on laundry even though that was only like 5 minutes, I take that as a sign of trust at least...

I don't know if you're the Religious type or what kind of church she's asking you to go too but I don't see anything wrong with going out to church one day if you two also plan on going on a breakfast date afterwards.

I'm thinking she wants to go early and it is a southern baptist church, which is good I reckon since I was raised up that way, bad part of that is southern baptist like to take 5 hours to worship and whatever else they got going on (usually coffee and donuts) so yeah, I thought about brunch or lunch afterwards at Frisch's or something..

Run. Fast. Its a ploy. She has a fat friend there for you to meet.

I've dated skinny and big girls man, and if her facebook pics are any indication every single one of her friends look like they could work at Hooters.

i will throw in my 2 cents...she sounds interested in you, but church is also part of her life, maybe she is wanting to see if you find church repugnant of not.

i will throw in my 2 cents...she sounds interested in you, but church is also part of her life, maybe she is wanting to see if you find church repugnant of not.

Yeah that's the most frequent answer I'm getting, hopefully this is it.

It's really really difficult to say, without knowing more about her. It could be that she thinks church is a good place to try and determine what kind of person you are.
It's obvous that she is interested at least at some level, and I'd think that her inviting you to church indicates that she doesn't mind other people at least entertaining the idea that you two have something more personal going on.
Whichever is the case, best of luck to you- I hope that it works out to be something that you really enjoy. :)

Yeah that's the most frequent answer I'm getting, hopefully this is it.

Yup, I second ernst. Interested, wants to see if you're near enough to her on the got-Jesus spectrum.

She wants to make sure you don't burst into flames when in contact with holy ground. :mrgreen:

But really, she's nesting and doing it right. Wants to see if you possibly fit in the nest.

Unless you are opposed to church then go for it. What is the worst that could happen? You're a good looking guy but what she probably finds most attractive about you is you seem to be a good father. You are both single parents with young daughters so you already have a ton in common to talk about. You're all set. Don't screw it up. ;)

Unless you are opposed to church then go for it. What is the worst that could happen? You're a good looking guy but what she probably finds most attractive about you is you seem to be a good father. You are both single parents with young daughters so you already have a ton in common to talk about. You're all set. Don't screw it up. ;)

That is the gayest response yet and the one that makes the most sense.

She's sexy bait drawing you into a weird cult. Don't go!

I think she likes you, otherwise she would've just suggested you go to church on your own rather than asking you to go with her and her kid. For sincere Christians, church can be a big first step, like inviting someone to meet their parents. She probably wants someone first and foremost to love and care for her daughter and I'll bet she see's that in you and finds that attractive. Be her friend until you get a strong signal telling you otherwise. Also, don't expect her to have a perfect past.

I think she likes you, otherwise she would've just suggested you go to church on your own rather than asking you to go with her and her kid. For sincere Christians, church can be a big first step, like inviting someone to meet their parents. She probably wants someone first and foremost to love and care for her daughter and I'll bet she see's that in you and finds that attractive. Be her friend until you get a strong signal telling you otherwise. Also, don't expect her to have a perfect past.

She had her daughter when she was 18 and works at Hooters. So no I don't.

My initial impression without knowing more details is that she is interested into taking further steps with you and considers you to be long term potential or at minimum wants to take the relationship further

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom