• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginsburg's last wish was to 'not be replaced until a new president is installed': report

I dont think she really has a choice in the matter. They should fill the job as soon as possible.

1. Her last wish regarding the filling of a SCOTUS seat is irrelevant.

2. It is not hypocritical to fill the seat, And the left would be doing the same if they were in such a position.
You might want to do an exact quote (and show it in context) an then try to make the comparison.

One side apparently sees the filling of the seat as a far more critical thing for this nation's survival. The others can be dealt with.

Sure:

2016 Mitch:

'' The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.” 13 Feb 2016.

“Rarely does a Supreme Court vacancy occur in the final year of a presidential term … Given that we are in the midst of the presidential election process, we believe that the American people should seize the opportunity to weigh in.” Feb. 18, 2016

2020 Mitch:

“In the last midterm election before Justice Scalia’s death in 2016, Americans elected a Republican Senate majority because we pledged to check and balance the last days of a lame-duck president’s second term. We kept our promise.

… Americans reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary.

President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.” Sept. 18, 2020

Look I know conservatives are going to want to replace RBG as they can, because they may not be able to in 4 months, but come on, admit this is based a naked desire for power and rank hypocrisy among conservatives, we have the receipts to prove it.

Part of the reason Trump was elected was people wanted constitutionalist judges - not activist judges. Being in the liberal echo chamber, the didn't realize this.

She should of stepped down when she was asked to. She gambled on her health and lost.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you believe Collins and Murkowski? Not that it matters anyway -- there will never be enough holdouts to stop a confirmation.
Collins not much, Murkowski marginally. Murkowski did come out hard, though Collins is her usual two-sided bulllshit.

Pure hypocrisy from the GOP, but they don't care. I dislike McConnell more than Trump.

Those are the 3 republican senators that everyone will be talking about and the media will try to pressure but there will also be pressure on democrat senators in conservative states.

You might want to do an exact quote (and show it in context) an then try to make the comparison.

One side apparently sees the filling of the seat as a far more critical thing for this nation's survival. The others can be dealt with.

How do you routinely deal with "colleagues" or other adversaries who scream from the mountaintop they have no scruples, ethics, principles,
or beliefs in anything but malignant lust for the greater power that results in their total domination? Do you attempt to compromise with them?
That would be insane. Consider who they insist on continuing to support, an openly mad, jester!

Lindsey Graham Earlier Vowed a President in Their Last Year ...
www.newsweek.com › ... › Neil Gorsuch

1 day ago - Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham once dared Americans to "use my words against me" during March 2016 ... to destroy the life of Brett Kavanaugh and hold that Supreme Court seat open," the South ...

You know - Biden can place two, while negotiating legislation mandating a null window for appointing judges 'x' days before an election. If they (Repubs) don't go along, keep appointing until they do.

(actually this would simply be one negotiation)

Why would legislation allowing additional judges pass Congress, but a "null window" would not?

Sure:

2016 Mitch:

'' The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.” 13 Feb 2016.

“Rarely does a Supreme Court vacancy occur in the final year of a presidential term … Given that we are in the midst of the presidential election process, we believe that the American people should seize the opportunity to weigh in.” Feb. 18, 2016

2020 Mitch:

“In the last midterm election before Justice Scalia’s death in 2016, Americans elected a Republican Senate majority because we pledged to check and balance the last days of a lame-duck president’s second term. We kept our promise.

… Americans reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary.

President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.” Sept. 18, 2020

Look I know conservatives are going to want to replace RBG as they can, because they may not be able to in 4 months, but come on, admit this is based a naked desire for power and rank hypocrisy among conservatives, we have the receipts to prove it.
I see you did not quite understand what I meant by context.
The context being a Senate and President being of opposing parties.

Reactions: diz
How do you routinely deal with "colleagues" or other adversaries who scream from the mountaintop they have no scruples, ethics, principles,
or beliefs in anything but malignant lust for the greater power that results in their total domination? Do you attempt to compromise with them?
That would be insane. Consider who they insist on continuing to support, an openly mad, jester!
ROFLMAO smiley animated | Emojis

But what principle, even one, do they predictably maintain? "Pro" life? Not with 200,000 dead, on their watch, and counting.
Government transparency and accountability? See the Senate version of a Trump impeachment "trial" and vote to acquit.

The rule of law? http://barrstool.com ...Not a chance!

Defense of the Bill of Rights? Only one amendment is embraced, the 2nd, but not if it is asserted by non-whites.

The Great Gun Control War of the Twentieth Centuryâ•fland its ...
ir.lawnet.fordham.edu › cgi › viewcontent

PDF
Feb 6, 2013 - Century—and its Lessons for Gun Laws Today. David B. Kopel ... See, e.g., STOKELY CARMICHAEL, READY FOR REVOLUTION: THE LIFE AND ... Ronald Reagan signed, a bill to outlaw loaded open carry in most.
by DB Kopel - ‎2016 - ‎Cited by 43 - ‎Related articles

The sanctity of marriage, between a man and a woman, strong commitment to national security, steady, predictable foreign policy?
No, no, and no! What does it say about a major political party that elects and stands by an obvious, deeply mentally and emotionally unhealthy criminal like Donald Trump? Who are the people who would enthusiatically support such an unprecedented, American trragedy?
I dont get why its legal to kill little baby humans but not turn them into pumps? Scientists can just gouge out their brains so only their heart and stomach and vital organs work, but they are brain dead, and then turn them into little human pumps and recycle their discarded bodies. We could have these little baby fetus pumps all throughout our society you just feed it some oatmeal into its little dissected baby mouth and it keeps pumping liquids for us! I mean if its not wrong to kill a little baby then why cant we turn them into pumps of some sort and use their little body as slave machines like in The Matrix.

No what exactly? Something that I said I doubted? iLOL 🤣

Your reply is dumb and only speaks to what you choose to believe. Not reality.
That is how you reply? You think that is a constructive answer, considering the record of Trump's obstructing and his reward to Roger Stone?
You think you are participating reasonably, in this thread?

While Nadler certainly called for such, I doubt it will happen.

Hilarious. It is not an election of a national popular vote. Such has no real relevance to how the president is elected.

The presidential election is done by the States. The majority of which were won by the current President.

You can dance around it all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the majority of voters didn't want Trump. It's not surprising; Republicans haven't been able to win the popular vote more than once in the last 30 years. Rigging the EC is the only chance they have.

Fill the seat. Dems would do it.

But not the Republicans, right? Because they didn't in 2016, so we shouldn't do it in 2020? Unless there is a massive display of hypocrisy?

I see you did not quite understand what I meant by context.
The context being a Senate and President being of opposing parties.

That was never part of the GOP argument in 2016. Not once.

You can dance around it all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the majority of voters didn't want Trump. It's not surprising; Republicans haven't been able to win the popular vote more than once in the last 30 years. Rigging the EC is the only chance they have.

How is anyone rigging the EC?

Fat chance, Mitch McConnell will show his hypocrisy and Lindsey Graham will show himself to be a liar,

The situation isn't exactly the same with Obama and Trump.

It was nearing the end of OBAMA's second term - therefore, there's no question about it, Obama's out of there.
Thus - let the next President nominate someone.

Clearly you haven't; "Got it".
And apparently you are revealing the reason for that. A lack of an ability to fully understand English.
I figured you would come up with some off the cuff response.
The Republican Party use to be better than they are today. It is sickening to see our elected officials to go back on their word.

I dont get why its legal to kill little baby humans but not turn them into pumps? Scientists can just gouge out their brains so only their heart and stomach and vital organs work, but they are brain dead, and then turn them into little human pumps and recycle their discarded bodies. We could have these little baby fetus pumps all throughout our society you just feed it some oatmeal into its little dissected baby mouth and it keeps pumping liquids for us! I mean if its not wrong to kill a little baby then why cant we turn them into pumps of some sort and use their little body as slave machines like in The Matrix.
Uhhh.... because women achieved the right to vote 100 years ago and your opinion or urge to control what does or does not grow inside any of their bodies is an urge now confined to the ash heap of history. Deal with what you can actually assert some influence over, 200,000 dead and counting.... born lives of people loved by our fellows who are needlessly dropping like flies as you continue to support, deflect, and apologize for an acutely mentally and emotionally unhealthy criminal who you have helped to empower. Post links supporting what you describe scientists doing with aborted fetuses, James O'Keefe and his imitators have certainly poisoned the well, as far as what happens with aborted fetal tissue!

Anti-Abortion Activists Charged in Planned Parenthood Video ...
www.nytimes.com › 2017/03/29 › planned-parenthood...

Mar 29, 2017 - ... activist James O'Keefe has drawn attention for secret recordings he has made to damage organizations like Planned Parenthood, Acorn and ...

James O'Keefe's Targets Sue Filmmaker for $1 Million | Time
time.com › Politics › justice

Jun 1, 2017 - Conservative undercover journalist James O'Keefe (R) holds a news ... O'Keefe's other targets have including NPR, Planned Parenthood and ...

Last edited:
Yes its hypocrisy on both sides. The democrats argued that the potus deserved A vote on his nominees when it was obama. Now its the opposite.
Bottom line is that no rules are being broken. The republicans will try to get the seat and democrats will do whatever they can to stop it and politically damage them for doing it. Politics is a blood sport

The only popular votes tallies that matter is at the State level. That is exactly what Republicans have won.
Those on the left are the ones dancing around this fact by pointing to the irrelevancy of a national vote total.
It is an election by the States. Get that into your thoughts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom