• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GInsburg--Pelosi's "Impeachment Option"

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi wouldn’t rule out impeachment proceedings as a way to block the Senate from confirming President Donald Trump’s eventual Supreme Court nominee, saying Sunday that Democrats have “arrows in our quiver” to stall the process.

By any means necessary, Girl. With the Far Right already holding a 5-3 edge in the High Court, this is a fight the Dems have to win.

Oh sure...cuz it worked out so well last time :LOL:

Nutty Nancy must really like the idea of Trump winning in November.

Oh sure...cuz it worked out so well last time :LOL:

Nutty Nancy must really like the idea of Trump winning in November.
Few people expected Trump supporters to all wipe their asses with the Constitution. I did. But, most people believed that even the Deplorables would put country over Cult. Naïve of them, I know.

Unrealistic, Pelosi has a better chance at orchestrating a shutdown over trip two down the impeachment route (especially since the first time around was an epic failure of historic proportions .)

By any means necessary, Girl. With the Far Right already holding a 5-3 edge in the High Court, this is a fight the Dems have to win.
Based on what I read, nobody thinks a person can be seated before Nov 3rd. If he losses but tries to proceed, that would be brazen and probably unpopular. I just wonder if Pelosi would actually have the time table to impeach. What a mess.

I'm no fan of Nancy Pelosi, but I'll admit I'm glad she's there right now with her pocket full of dirty tricks. She's definitely our best hope. Collins and Murkowski have already objected to filling the vacancy before the election, but I don't know that it helps much. That still leaves plenty of time in the lame duck session.

Pelosi, who is full of donkey poo btw, is simply trying to create more division, while pandering for votes. She knows she can't impeach the president for appointing a SC justice.

Based on what I read, nobody thinks a person can be seated before Nov 3rd. If he losses but tries to proceed, that would be brazen and probably unpopular. I just wonder if Pelosi would actually have the time table to impeach. What a mess.

They would actually have till January 3.

Pelosi, who is full of donkey poo btw, is simply trying to create more division, while pandering for votes. She knows she can't impeach the president for appointing a SC justice.
Nor did she claim they would impeach him for appointing an SC justice. Only that impeachment was a way to slow down or stop the nomination process. Also, you can impeach a president for almost anything, you just need a majority vote in the house to do so.

Exactly. Last time I checked we elected Trump for 4 years...not 3 and some change.

Indeed we did... even Obama would agree with the above. :cool:
"When there is a vacancy on the SCOTUS, the President is to nominate someone, the Senate is to consider that nomination... There's no unwritten law that says that it can only be done on off-years. That's not in the Constitution text." Barack Obama

Nor did she claim they would impeach him for appointing an SC justice. Only that impeachment was a way to slow down or stop the nomination process. Also, you can impeach a president for almost anything, you just need a majority vote in the house to do so.

If she attempts to impeach him, it will hurt Biden, and Trump wins the election.

Indeed we did... even Obama would agree with the above. :cool:
"When there is a vacancy on the SCOTUS, the President is to nominate someone, the Senate is to consider that nomination... There's no unwritten law that says that it can only be done on off-years. That's not in the Constitution text." Barack Obama
OUCHIE! Dems are certainly going to be angry at Obama.

Impeachment again? I was hoping for something a little less stupid, but if that's all she's got......

They would actually have till January 3.
Yes. I know that. I am saying that most people don’t think Trump could have have a judge seated before Nov 3rd. If he losses, seating a judge would be seen very unpopular, but that wouldn’t stop him. If Pelosi threatens impeachment at that point, would that even be reasonable? Could see even get the impeachment completed in that small time frame? That’s what I was questioning.

If she attempts to impeach him, it will hurt Biden, and Trump wins the election.

Well, that is a major shift in positions, and not necessarily true. Most people polled support waiting till after the election to nominate someone, so I doubt it would hurt Biden much if the house uses delaying tactics.

But most experts don’t think a new person can be seated before Nov 3rd. If Biden wins, and Trump tries to precede in the lame duck session which ends in January 2021, with Biden in the wing to be the next president, then it renders your entire argument about hurting Biden’s bid as moot

Unless she coordinated with Georgie ahead of time, this notion didn't even come from her. It came from Stephanopoulos. It's nothing more that their attempt to get people riled up with nonsense.

There won't be another stupid impeachment attempt.

btw, as Speaker of the House, she doesn't have ANY arrows in her quiver. She cannot stop Trump or the Senate Reps.

I would like someone to explain how it works. I would expect many people would be pretty irritated at their congress critters for the constant drama getting in the way of public policy needed to rescue Covid refugees. Once a vaccine is created, everyone will forget about them and let them die on the vine, and here their rep’s pull crap like this.

The objective of an impeachment wouldn't be for a conviction of whomever was impeached.
Senate rules require an impeachment by the House to be taken up immediately, all other business stopped and all Senators in attendance.
So any nomination would be placed on hold. Then its just a matter of running out the clock. The question would be the Senate rules.

Looks like Pelosi lost yet another screw. Won't be long now until it all falls apart.

Looks like Pelosi lost yet another screw. Won't be long now until it all falls apart.
Have you heard a Trump speech lately?

The objective of an impeachment wouldn't be for a conviction of whomever was impeached.
Senate rules require an impeachment by the House to be taken up immediately, all other business stopped and all Senators in attendance.
So any nomination would be placed on hold. Then its just a matter of running out the clock. The question would be the Senate rules.

So just send over the old articles of impeachment with the request the senate consider the newly unclassified Senate Intelligence report where many of the GOP senators said that there was definitely collusion on Russia.

I'm no fan of Nancy Pelosi, but I'll admit I'm glad she's there right now with her pocket full of dirty tricks. She's definitely our best hope. Collins and Murkowski have already objected to filling the vacancy before the election, but I don't know that it helps much. That still leaves plenty of time in the lame duck session.
Trump says:

make my day.jpg

Back
Top Bottom