• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginsburg is NOT an Icon. She Will Have MUCH to Answer For

Suspended already, its the first day for god's sakes. Devout Catholic has lost some meaning over the past couple of decades. Like military intelligence.
Devout Catholics know the mean of devout Catholic, and it hasn't changed. Only in the leftwing media has it changed to where a guy who opposes the most basic tenet of the RCC, Joe Biden, is referred to erroneously as a 'devout Catholic'.

What you call "suppression of religious freedom in the Hobby Lobby case" I call an employer trying to impose the owner's religious values on their employees.

I call it the same. Because that's exactly what it was.

Only in the leftwing media has it changed to where a guy who opposes the most basic tenet of the RCC, Joe Biden, is referred to erroneously as a 'devout Catholic'.

If Biden isn't the 'devout Catholic' you want, that sure works for me. I'll be voting for Biden no matter what you think of him.

Money was not the issue. Birth control is far less expensive than childbirth.

Exactly. Yeah, I rather doubt that money was the reason behind HL's refusal to cover birth control costs in their employees' insurance plan.

Devout Catholics know the mean of devout Catholic, and it hasn't changed. Only in the leftwing media has it changed to where a guy who opposes the most basic tenet of the RCC, Joe Biden, is referred to erroneously as a 'devout Catholic'.
Hmm. The most basic tenet of my church is that Jesus is my lord and savior. If that's not the most basic tenet of your church, then you are no Christian.

Judging souls is when you say someone is in hell. Notice I didn't do that.
Of course nto because ypu love RBG you just pretend to disliek her
Hmm. The most basic tenet of my church is that Jesus is my lord and savior. If that's not the most basic tenet of your church, then you are no Christian.
Mash inst a Catholoc or even a Christian he just pretends to be one in an attempt to make them look bad. It only makes him look bad.

Not me. I hope repented before her (Ginsburg's) death. I would have been pleased had her final message been she regrets her abortion stance all those years.

She was Jewish. I don't know that her beliefs included repenting in the sense you mean.

She was Jewish. I don't know that her beliefs included repenting in the sense you mean.
The Jewish day of atonement is Yom Kippur, which is this upcoming Sunday night. Ginsburg passed before then but I am sure she wouldn't atone for protecting women's right to choose.

Interestingly, Ginsburg died on the High Holy Day of Rosh Hashanah. According to a passage in the Babylonian Talmud, those who pass on or right before Rosh Hashanah are ‘tzaddik’ or wholly righteous. Something for those who demonize her to think about.

Your language is clear.

If you were genuinely sincere, you’d acknowledge the obvious intended meanings of your own words.
I said unless she repented, she would have much to answer for. That's not the same as saying someone is in hell.

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” -
Matthew 22: 36-40

When you slice a little baby up, you are not loving your neighbor as yourself, and you are not loving God.

Ginsburg is NOT an Icon. She Will Have MUCH to Answer For

I'd say this applies far more to Trump than to RBGinsburg. I hope he'll answer for his actions in this world, though, rather than in the "next."

I'd say this applies far more to Trump than to RBGinsburg. I hope he'll answer for his actions in this world, though, rather than in the "next."
The president is doing God's work. He'll be blessed in this life and the next for it.

The president is doing God's work. He'll be blessed in this life and the next for it.

:rolleyes: All of which is belief, not fact. I seriously doubt that Trump believes in any "God," other than himself. And I hope he'll be prosecuted in this life for his actions, although he probably won't be. And trying to destroy our democracy by "getting rid of the ballots" isn't in any way "blessed."

I said unless she repented, she would have much to answer for. That's not the same as saying someone is in hell.
You also said that if people didn’t stop “certain behaviors” they may go to Hell.

Wouldn’t that, in your mind, include Ginsburg if she didn’t repent? Wasn’t that your intended message?

C’mon, Mashmont, show some integrity by saying flat out what you meant. God doesn’t abide cowards who give lip service to their professed beliefs.

The Jewish day of atonement is Yom Kippur, which is this upcoming Sunday night. Ginsburg passed before then but I am sure she wouldn't atone for protecting women's right to choose.

Interestingly, Ginsburg died on the High Holy Day of Rosh Hashanah. According to a passage in the Babylonian Talmud, those who pass on or right before Rosh Hashanah are ‘tzaddik’ or wholly righteous. Something for those who demonize her to think about.
You also said that if people didn’t stop “certain behaviors” they may go to Hell.

Wouldn’t that, in your mind, include Ginsburg if she didn’t repent? Wasn’t that your intended message?

C’mon, Mashmont, show some integrity by saying flat out what you meant. God doesn’t abide cowards who give lip service to their professed beliefs.
Ergo I used the word 'may' instead of 'will'.

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” -
Matthew 22: 36-40

When you slice a little baby up, you are not loving your neighbor as yourself, and you are not loving God.
Since abortion doesn't slice up little babies, this doesn't bother me.

Ergo I used the word 'may' instead of 'will'.
Expected cowardly response.

You can, and very often do, post horrible hateful comments about others beliefs/perspectives, but entirely lack the moral fortitude to acknowledge the intent of your own words.

Back
Top Bottom