• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginsburg is NOT an Icon. She Will Have MUCH to Answer For

If by political opposition you mean armed communist militants who are plotting the overthrow of your country including mass murder, I will allow it. There is literally nowhere on earth that Marxist came to power that did not result in mass blood shed. The ideal standard that I would want to hold myself too, does not always exist when you’re in an existential battle for the life of your people.
Wow. You support torture. Maybe you would like trump to torture some people.

Wow. You support torture. Maybe you would like trump to torture some people.
No, America does not face that level of crisis at the moment, and besides we now know that torture does not work affectively.

No, America does not face that level of crisis at the moment, and besides we now know that torture does not work affectively.
You love a brutal dictator. No wonder you love trump

Hitler was a Christian
It is true that Hitler grew up in Austria, and like the vast majority of children born in Austria in his generation, he was baptized as a Catholic. However he had fallen out of the practice of the faith long long before becoming dictator of Germany. He was not like say Francisco Franco who attended mass daily. Hitler had a lot of oddball religious views and it’s hard to pagan exactly, but he was not a practicing Catholic committing his crimes in the name of Catholicism or of Christianity in general for that manner.

It is true that Hitler grew up in Austria, and like the vast majority of children born in Austria in his generation, he was baptized as a Catholic. However he had fallen out of the practice of the faith long long before becoming dictator of Germany. He was not like say Francisco Franco who attended mass daily. Hitler had a lot of oddball religious views and it’s hard to pagan exactly, but he was not a practicing Catholic committing his crimes in the name of Catholicism or of Christianity in general for that manner.
What was on the belt buckle of SS soldiers?

You love a brutal dictator. No wonder you love trump

I don’t love Pinochet, I merely view some dictators with nuance and in historical context because I am an educated person who can read history and understand the entire context around events and why they occurred. Bernie Sanders literally views Fidel Castro as a hero, sodas Justin Trudeau. You’re not criticizing them. And Fidel Castro not only killed and tortured far more people than Pinochet, he also used the money of the Cuban state to foment communist revolts across the world.

I don’t love Pinochet, I merely view some dictators with nuance and in historical context because I am an educated person who can read history and understand the entire context around events and why they occurred. Bernie Sanders literally views Fidel Castro as a hero, sodas Justin Trudeau. You’re not criticizing them. And Fidel Castro not only killed and tortured far more people than Pinochet, he also used the money of the Cuban state to foment communist revolts across the world.
Now you are just lying

Hitler was a Christian

Roman Catholic, actually. But he'd picked up some very unfortunate fringe ideas along the way. & he was surrounded by enablers. & the times were absolutely chaotic.

Roman Catholic, actually. But he'd picked up some very unfortunate fringe ideas along the way. & he was surrounded by enablers. & the times were absolutely chaotic.
And of course the RCC did not denounce him at the time

The left treats this woman as a revered icon. She's far from it. It's simply Marxist propaganda. The woman was a butcher, plain and simple 30 million babies killed under her watch. She supported partial birth abortion and the the suppression of religious freedom in the Hobby Lobby case. She voted to make gay marriage the law of the land. There was no justice more extreme left in the last 27 years.

I don't judge people's souls, but I would suggest unless she has repented in private, she will have or has had much to answer for.

Trump should nominate and the Senate should confirm a great conservative pro-life justice as soon as possible. I haven't done the political caculus of whether confirmation should be before or after election day. There are arguments both ways. But obviously Trump's pick, possibly Amy Coney Barrett, should be quickly approved. The hearings on Barrett should be interesting. I think we'll see how Democrats REALLY feel about women as they skewer her on everything from having so many children to her Catholic faith. We'll see how Democrats react when confronted with a TRULY devout Catholic, as opposed to the imposters in their party.
You people still don't get that your religious mouthings are nothing but pure, undiluted sanctimony. You've an essential force in your Dear Donnie Dirtbag's cult of death as we speak. Your voices are as rantings in the wilderness to borrow a phrase.

He also got plenty of support from the German Church for his atrocities as well as a blind eye from Rome.

And of course the RCC did not denounce him at the time

Hitler? That's possible. I'm reading Constantine's sword, trying to sort through those issues. It's a long slog, & not attractive @ all.

All I’ve heard from Trump is that he plans on honoring the Constitution by nominating someone.

Maybe your ears need cleaning or you could just unplug yourself from the rightwing puke funnel:

I think this will end up in the Supreme Court. And I think it’s very important that we have nine justices,” Trump said. “It’s better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling — it’s a scam — the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court. And I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation.”
If that's not a clear enough threat by Dirtbag to load the court and try to get it to pick him no matter what then you really are beyond reasoning with.

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...hile-refusing-commit-peaceful-transfer-power/

Pinochet was friendly to the indigenous community in Chile as well.

Also portions of the working class, for example President Alende During a truck driver strike illegal he sees the trucks of many truck drivers. After the coup had taken place the truck drivers got their trucks and went to Santiago to rally praising Pinochet honking their airhorns and sending the V signal from their windows. You can see pictures of this at the national history Museum in Santiago.

So basically the people who directly benefitted from him being a dictator supported him?

Go figure. The Germans who benefitted from the Nazis loved Hitler too.

Yes, a number of threats to internal security were arrested and some were unfortunately subject to abuse. But this was not a widespread practice. It was certainly far lower than in any communist regime. And no, for the first three years of the dictatorship which was really went all of the alleged human rights abuses occurred, there were no advocates for free elections. The Communists were using the cause of free elections To acquire money from gullible Europeans.

Folks, here’s what you have to look forward to in America if EMN and his ilk have their way: protesting for democracy and against dictatorial rule is a “threat to internal security” and will justify your murder.

Folks, here’s what you have to look forward to in America if EMN and his ilk have their way: protesting for democracy and against dictatorial rule is a “threat to internal security” and will justify your murder.
No, being an insurrection are a threat to the country by participating in armed communist takeover, might result in the police using force against you. Which is exactly the law in every developed country.

There is no country on planet earth where it is legal to overthrow the legitimate government and Impose in illegal ideology. Pinochet did not carry out the queue until the Congress declared that they wanted the military to intervene in politics, and the Supreme Court had made over 200 constitutional rulings against President Allande which he disregarded.

Hobby Lobby didn't prevent its employees from getting birth control; they just didn't want to pay for it. How is this imposing their values?

Because it is none of their business whether an employee takes birth control or not. They do not make the rules for others based on their "convictions" religious or otherwise. There was no extra charge for providing birth control in their policy and ZERO cost savings for denying it either. I also warn women that if Roe vs Wade is overturned their right to birth control is next on the chopping block. Women are 2nd class citizens in the minds of the religious who believe that legislating morality will save their dwindling numbers.

Last edited:
All three presided over the killing of multitudes. How are they all that different?

The Catholic Church presided over the killing of multitudes. You still are a member. Why does it get a pass?

Does it say that the RCC never condemmed Hitler or the nazis directly?

Deny that
Of course they did. I wonder if Ginsburg has met Hitler in the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom