• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginsburg is NOT an Icon. She Will Have MUCH to Answer For

1) you’re not making a provable argument. You need to make a coherent argument and back it up before we go further. The idea a woman not seeking an abortion is not welcome at a clinic not supplying abortions is illogical.

2) no planned parenthood is not the only provider. I can think of 5 hospitals closer to me.

3) well I guess the moral utilitarians can be sent to forced labor camps and the profit put into the foster system. If an 800,000 person a year genocide is moral then that surely is better

1) Sure, here ya go. This is just an excerpt, the rest is very interesting reading:

"The decision to remove high-volume providers such as Planned Parenthood from the state’s women’s health network has led to a 41 percent decline in the number of women accessing contraception in Texas from 2011 to 2015. | Getty

"Texas effort to replace Planned Parenthood falls short of goal

By RENUKA RAYASAM

08/21/2017 02:34 PM EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

"AUSTIN, Texas — Texas last year embarked on a risky experiment as part of an effort to increase access to family planning services without Planned Parenthood and other high-volume clinics that perform abortions. The state handed anti-abortion activist Carol Everett nearly $7 million in contracts to rebuild a network of clinics and medical practices decimated by budget cuts and a ban on state funds for abortion providers.

Earlier this year, the state concluded the experiment didn’t work.

"Though the Texas health department hasn’t released data on the number of clients receiving care in Everett’s network, state site visits revealed that her plan fell far short of its goal to serve roughly 70,000 patients last year.

"Now the state is clawing back more than $4 million that Everett’s nonprofit, a crisis pregnancy center called The Heidi Group that counsels women against having abortions, received for Texas’ family planning program — the largest adjustment the state has ever made to such contracts. According to documents shared with POLITICO on Thursday, the money will be redistributed to public health departments and community health centers throughout Texas. The department still hasn't announced contract renewals for 2018."

(My emphasis - more @ https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/21/texas-planned-parenthood-replace-241869)

I believe the methodology used was hopes & prayers. Apparently insufficient.

1) Sure, here ya go. This is just an excerpt, the rest is very interesting reading:

"The decision to remove high-volume providers such as Planned Parenthood from the state’s women’s health network has led to a 41 percent decline in the number of women accessing contraception in Texas from 2011 to 2015. | Getty

"Texas effort to replace Planned Parenthood falls short of goal

By RENUKA RAYASAM

08/21/2017 02:34 PM EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

"AUSTIN, Texas — Texas last year embarked on a risky experiment as part of an effort to increase access to family planning services without Planned Parenthood and other high-volume clinics that perform abortions. The state handed anti-abortion activist Carol Everett nearly $7 million in contracts to rebuild a network of clinics and medical practices decimated by budget cuts and a ban on state funds for abortion providers.

Earlier this year, the state concluded the experiment didn’t work.

"Though the Texas health department hasn’t released data on the number of clients receiving care in Everett’s network, state site visits revealed that her plan fell far short of its goal to serve roughly 70,000 patients last year.

"Now the state is clawing back more than $4 million that Everett’s nonprofit, a crisis pregnancy center called The Heidi Group that counsels women against having abortions, received for Texas’ family planning program — the largest adjustment the state has ever made to such contracts. According to documents shared with POLITICO on Thursday, the money will be redistributed to public health departments and community health centers throughout Texas. The department still hasn't announced contract renewals for 2018."

(My emphasis - more @ https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/21/texas-planned-parenthood-replace-241869)

I believe the methodology used was hopes & prayers. Apparently insufficient.
This is only talking about contraception, as contraception is gravely evil as well I do not view this as a negative.

2) no planned parenthood is not the only provider. I can think of 5 hospitals closer to me.

3) well I guess the moral utilitarians can be sent to forced labor camps and the profit put into the foster system. If an 800,000 person a year genocide is moral then that surely is better

provider - See https://www.umhs-sk.org/blog/medically-underserved-areas-regions-where-u-s-needs-doctors

Medically Underserved Areas in the US

Posted by Scott Harrah
Aug 28, 2013

"Inner-City Physician Shortages

"As for inner-city sections of major metropolitan areas, the shortage of doctors sounds implausible. However, AMSA cites a report, “Physician Distribution and Health Care Challenges in Rural and Inner-City Areas” by the Council on Graduate Medical Education, explaining why big cities have unique health care problems. “Although urban residents may live close to concentrations of physicians, they do not have access to automobiles and are forced to travel on a crowded bus or on a convoluted urban mass transit system,” the report says.

"Women and children in urban areas suffer the most from the lack of inner-city health care.

"In addition to infectious diseases that one commonly associates with underdeveloped rural areas, the urban poor also face health problems that are associated with developed countries: pollutants, accidents, cancer, substance abuse and violence,” the report says. “The urban poor also possess inadequate information about health services and about access to health care services or have too few resources available to them.”

"AMSA says decades of focusing development assistance on underserved rural areas have limited the attention given to the big cities with health care crises. “The result is inner-city communities unable to keep pace with rapid urbanization,” the report says.

"AMSA cites several problems unique to inner-city areas and health care. Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, Head Professor of Medicine and Health Policy at George Washington University, worked for decades in inner-city areas of Washington, D.C. He points out the myriad challenges inner-city neighborhoods face. Dr. Mullan says doctors working in these areas must be trained “not only in medical diagnosis but in the realities of the streets and lifestyles of those living in inner-city neighborhoods.”

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

The medical resources may be there - it's a question of access & knowing what's available. There may be issues of costs, too - part of the resources referred to above.

provider - See https://www.umhs-sk.org/blog/medically-underserved-areas-regions-where-u-s-needs-doctors

Medically Underserved Areas in the US

Posted by Scott Harrah
Aug 28, 2013

"Inner-City Physician Shortages

"As for inner-city sections of major metropolitan areas, the shortage of doctors sounds implausible. However, AMSA cites a report, “Physician Distribution and Health Care Challenges in Rural and Inner-City Areas” by the Council on Graduate Medical Education, explaining why big cities have unique health care problems. “Although urban residents may live close to concentrations of physicians, they do not have access to automobiles and are forced to travel on a crowded bus or on a convoluted urban mass transit system,” the report says.

"Women and children in urban areas suffer the most from the lack of inner-city health care.

"In addition to infectious diseases that one commonly associates with underdeveloped rural areas, the urban poor also face health problems that are associated with developed countries: pollutants, accidents, cancer, substance abuse and violence,” the report says. “The urban poor also possess inadequate information about health services and about access to health care services or have too few resources available to them.”

"AMSA says decades of focusing development assistance on underserved rural areas have limited the attention given to the big cities with health care crises. “The result is inner-city communities unable to keep pace with rapid urbanization,” the report says.

"AMSA cites several problems unique to inner-city areas and health care. Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, Head Professor of Medicine and Health Policy at George Washington University, worked for decades in inner-city areas of Washington, D.C. He points out the myriad challenges inner-city neighborhoods face. Dr. Mullan says doctors working in these areas must be trained “not only in medical diagnosis but in the realities of the streets and lifestyles of those living in inner-city neighborhoods.”

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

The medical resources may be there - it's a question of access & knowing what's available. There may be issues of costs, too - part of the resources referred to above.

Virtually all the poor in America own a car or know someone who does.

This is a report that is clearly written by an egghead who’s never been to a poor community. People know where the hospital is and how to get there.

This is only talking about contraception, as contraception is gravely evil as well I do not view this as a negative.

Of course the guy who hates freedom thinks that women having control of their own bodies, especially their reproductive cycles, is evil.

Nice avatar, BTW. Is that Trump’s face photoshopped on the murderous dictator Pinochet? At least you aren’t hiding what you want for America.

Well, then; you're sure enough going to enjoy the next century or so, then. Enjoy.

Of course the guy who hates freedom thinks that women having control of their own bodies, especially their reproductive cycles, is evil.

Nice avatar, BTW. Is that Trump’s face photoshopped on the murderous dictator Pinochet? At least you aren’t hiding what you want for America.

Pinochet saved his country from communists. So did Franco, but let’s talk about pino, very few people died in that regime, open criticism of god government was permitted, newspapers were printed, foreigners were allowed to visit, Chileans were freely allowed to leave, virtually all the exiled Chileans were pardoned by Pinochet and allowed to come back, and the actual people killed by the regime over the course of 17 years is smaller then the number of people shot by cops in the US every year.

But I got the picture because the Lincoln project said they were going to run ads to Cubans in Florida calling Trump a Caudillo. Apparently not knowing the older Cubans saw Pinochet as the hero they wish was in their country

By the way I’ve been to Chile and while it’s not a majority opinion, there’s a large cohort of Chileans who view Pinochet as a hero and are grateful for not being communist. I had lunch at a restaurant in Viña Del Mar that had a statue of him on display.

Pinochet saved his country from communists. So did Franco, but let’s talk about pino, very few people died in that regime, open criticism of god government was permitted, newspapers were printed, foreigners were allowed to visit, Chileans were freely allowed to leave, virtually all the exiled Chileans were pardoned by Pinochet and allowed to come back, and the actual people killed by the regime over the course of 17 years is smaller then the number of people shot by cops in the US every year.

But I got the picture because the Lincoln project said they were going to run ads to Cubans in Florida calling Trump a Caudillo. Apparently not knowing the older Cubans saw Pinochet as the hero they wish was in their country

People under Pinochet were kidnapped, raped, tortured, and murdered for protesting for free elections and an end to the dictatorship. But that’s “god government” to you.

By the way I’ve been to Chile and while it’s not a majority opinion, there’s a large cohort of Chileans who view Pinochet as a hero and are grateful for not being communist. I had lunch at a restaurant in Viña Del Mar that had a statue of him on display.

Let me guess: rich conservative Catholics support Pinochet in Chile.

Let me guess: rich conservative Catholics support Pinochet in Chile.

Pinochet was friendly to the indigenous community in Chile as well.

Also portions of the working class, for example President Alende During a truck driver strike illegal he sees the trucks of many truck drivers. After the coup had taken place the truck drivers got their trucks and went to Santiago to rally praising Pinochet honking their airhorns and sending the V signal from their windows. You can see pictures of this at the national history Museum in Santiago.

Last edited:
The left treats this woman as a revered icon. She's far from it. It's simply Marxist propaganda. The woman was a butcher, plain and simple 30 million babies killed under her watch. She supported partial birth abortion and the the suppression of religious freedom in the Hobby Lobby case. She voted to make gay marriage the law of the land. There was no justice more extreme left in the last 27 years.

I don't judge people's souls, but I would suggest unless she has repented in private, she will have or has had much to answer for.

Trump should nominate and the Senate should confirm a great conservative pro-life justice as soon as possible. I haven't done the political caculus of whether confirmation should be before or after election day. There are arguments both ways. But obviously Trump's pick, possibly Amy Coney Barrett, should be quickly approved. The hearings on Barrett should be interesting. I think we'll see how Democrats REALLY feel about women as they skewer her on everything from having so many children to her Catholic faith. We'll see how Democrats react when confronted with a TRULY devout Catholic, as opposed to the imposters in their party.
Disgusting trump cultist behavior.

You probably think Himmler and Mengele accomplished a lot, too. Don't you?
Fascinating....trump cultist comparing Justice Ginsburg with Himmler and Mengele.

People under Pinochet were kidnapped, raped, tortured, and murdered for protesting for free elections and an end to the dictatorship. But that’s “god government” to you.
Yes, a number of threats to internal security were arrested and some were unfortunately subject to abuse. But this was not a widespread practice. It was certainly far lower than in any communist regime. And no, for the first three years of the dictatorship which was really went all of the alleged human rights abuses occurred, there were no advocates for free elections. The Communists were using the cause of free elections To acquire money from gullible Europeans.

The OP appears to be at odds with what Republicans are saying in PUBLIC about RBG.
He's a trump cultist.....they have no morals....they sold them in their worship of bunker boy.

Fascinating....trump cultist comparing Justice Ginsburg with Himmler and Mengele.
All three presided over the killing of multitudes. How are they all that different?

Yes, a number of threats to internal security were arrested and some were unfortunately subject to abuse. But this was not a widespread practice. It was certainly far lower than in any communist regime. And no, for the first three years of the dictatorship which was really went all of the alleged human rights abuses occurred, there were no advocates for free elections. The Communists were using the cause of free elections To acquire money from gullible Europeans.
Next up.....excusing Hitler and his regime................................wait for it.

The left treats this woman as a revered icon. She's far from it. It's simply Marxist propaganda. The woman was a butcher, plain and simple 30 million babies killed under her watch. She supported partial birth abortion and the the suppression of religious freedom in the Hobby Lobby case. She voted to make gay marriage the law of the land. There was no justice more extreme left in the last 27 years.

I don't judge people's souls, but I would suggest unless she has repented in private, she will have or has had much to answer for.

Trump should nominate and the Senate should confirm a great conservative pro-life justice as soon as possible. I haven't done the political caculus of whether confirmation should be before or after election day. There are arguments both ways. But obviously Trump's pick, possibly Amy Coney Barrett, should be quickly approved. The hearings on Barrett should be interesting. I think we'll see how Democrats REALLY feel about women as they skewer her on everything from having so many children to her Catholic faith. We'll see how Democrats react when confronted with a TRULY devout Catholic, as opposed to the imposters in their party.

Opinions vary.

I believe about 75% of women believe abortion should be legal

Only the religious zealots want the law changed. And they base it on a book about a mythical supernatural being that no one has ever found any proof of.

Next up.....excusing Hitler and his regime................................wait for it.

Why would you think that? A detailed study comparing Adolf Hitler with Augusto Pinochet, would show that they were definitely not the same type of regime. Not even close. Not even in the same universe. Don’t you wish that there was a German Pinochet in the officer corps of the Weimar Republic shortly after Hitler was made chancellor?

Why would you think that? A detailed study comparing Adolf Hitler with Augusto Pinochet, would show that they were definitely not the same type of regime. Not even close. Not even in the same universe. Don’t you wish that there was a German Pinochet in the officer corps of the Weimar Republic shortly after Hitler was made chancellor?
Then you support torture of political opposition. Wow

Opinions vary.

Only the religious zealots want the law changed. And they base it on a book about a mythical supernatural being that no one has ever found any proof of.
Odd how you go on about a fringe minority, then tout atheism which is the ultimate fringe minority

Opinions vary.

If men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacrament

Then you support torture of political opposition. Wow

If by political opposition you mean armed communist militants who are plotting the overthrow of your country including mass murder, I will allow it. There is literally nowhere on earth that Marxist came to power that did not result in mass blood shed. The ideal standard that I would want to hold myself too, does not always exist when you’re in an existential battle for the life of your people.

Who would excuse a leftwing atheist regime like Hitler's?

Back
Top Bottom