• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginsberg... called for the culling of poor people in her defense of Roe in a NYT interview.

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
“Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.”

Ruth Baader Meinhof Ginsberg

That’s not the job of the courts... culling the population.

When Leftists want to cull the population, there is a procedure for it. Make a case for what you want to do, win elections and pass legislation.

The racist... Margaret Sanger... would have approved whole heartedly.

“Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.”

When Leftists want to cull the population, there is a procedure for it. Make a case for what you want to do, win elections and pass legislation.

Funny how you did not bother to provide a source for the quote, with some, you know, context. Almost like you where hiding something...

Trump is currently doing a great job of culling the population

OH look, I found the fuller quote using that horribly complicated thing called google that they apparently did not teach you at the Goebbels school. Let's take a look: Source

Ginsburg: The states that had changed their abortion laws before Roe [to make abortion legal] are not going to change back. So we have a policy that affects only poor women, and it can never be otherwise, and I don’t know why this hasn’t been said more often.

Bazelon: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

Ginsburg: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the Court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

Funny how incapable you are of using google.

You are what one could easily define as not in the least bit curious intellectually.

Oh well.

Here... The justice who supported culling poor people, as Margaret Sanger was for culling Blacks.

What's False
Ginsburg did not say she personally supported Roe v. Wade because it could help limit the population growth of "undesirable" communities.

You are what one could easily define as not in the least bit curious intellectually.

Oh well.

Here... The justice who supported culling poor people, as Margaret Sanger was for culling Blacks.

You got busted lying

HAHAHAHAHA

Trump is currently doing a great job of culling the population
Ahhh... that would be:

1. The Chinese for what they did.

2. Democrat governors and mayors.

Good try, try again.

What's False
Ginsburg did not say she personally supported Roe v. Wade because it could help limit the population growth of "undesirable" communities.
She didn’t support Roe...

ROTFLOL...

Oh well.

SO it is the fault of others now that you could not be bothered to provide a link. It is the fualt of others that the quote you provided is out of context. It is the fault of others that you have now been shown to post dishonest bullshit...

Ahhh... that would be:

1. The Chinese for what they did.

2. Democrat governors and mayors.

Good try, try again.
Nope.

It's all trump

OH look, I found the fuller quote using that horribly complicated thing called google that they apparently did not teach you at the Goebbels school. Let's take a look: Source
It doesn’t change her support of culling the population.

It doesn’t change her support of culling the population.

At no point did she support culling the population. Why the need to lie?

Out of context. Implying a meaning not at all what RBG intended.

BTW, your sug line is not born out by statistical data. Obama had one of the lowest number of investigations, charging, etc, of a POTUS administration since Eisenhower. Since I don’t see a more relevant way to measure it is left that this infers Obama’s was a particularly non-corrupted Oval Office.

"People we don't want" means black people to the Democratic Party. Now we know the reason for Roe - preventing the birth of 20 million black babies in the USA.

Last edited:
It is what he does, his threads are for entertainment purposes only.

She stated there were people that we didn’t want too many of.

Her choice of words.

She was pro-cull... all in.

Not sure if she even said that but it would be accurate if she did. Making abortion illegal will lead to millions of future criminals being born. Not sure why conservatives want to force women to give birth to rapists, drug dealers, gangbangers, murderers, etc.? A true conservative would be pro choice, not anti choice.

This era is Rush Limbaugh's fault. He taught his students to lie their asses off.

What, Zimmer lying and using intellectually dishonest tactics to promote an argument that is grossly taken out of context in order to push some horrible and scummy partisan propaganda line? I don't believe it.

Oh well.

I used Google. It brought me here...

Not that truth matters to those with axes mid-grind. :poop:

Back
Top Bottom