• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginni Thomas confirms she attended Jan. 6 'Stop the Steal' rally but says she left before Capitol riot

I am not understanding all these progressive types hereabouts who have a problem with a wife doing her own thing.

Ginni Thomas confirms she attended Jan. 6 'Stop the Steal' rally but says she left before Capitol riot

Despite Thomas’s long history of conservative activism, her husband has never recused himself from a case due to her involvement, according to the Washington Post. Under the rules of the Supreme Court, there is no mechanism to force a recusal, meaning the decision to recuse is left up to each individual justice. Clarence Thomas, who was appointed in 1991 by President George H.W. Bush, is considered one of if not the most conservative justices on the panel.

In January, the Supreme Court ruled that Trump had to turn over materials he was attempting to shield from the House select committee investigating events surrounding the Jan. 6 riot. Of the nine justices, Thomas was the only one who said he would have granted Trump’s request to shield those documents from the committee.

end quote

SCOTUS Thomas should Recuse himself from anything regarding Jan. 6th!!!!!

But what does Ms. Thomas presence at a rally have to do with her husband drawing a legal judgement that Trump had a right to withhold documents from the committee?

you figure it out...

• If the situation was reversed, and a Liberal Justice's wife had gone to something designed to try and overturn an election, EVERY Conservatives would be having convulsions of savage violent motivations to get the Liberal Justice to Recuse himself.
And that hypothetical progressive judge would not recuse themselves either, so yes why should Thomas do something that other judges would not do?

Last edited:
So when and who decided for all the same persons to attack the Capitol? You know that did happen.
No. That's not how riots work.

So your rebuttal is, because she says so? Not good enough. There are prisons all over America full of people who say they didn’t do it. Show me the receipts. Where did she go after the rally?
LOL!!

shrug...she probably went home. But hey...ask her. Or, better yet, convince some media puke to ask her. Good luck.

A SCOTUS wife attends a rally to stop the steal, the big lie, and you don't see anything wrong with that. Traitorous bitch, and you're okay with that. What does that make you?
Nothing wrong with supporting a lawful effort to stop the steal...which is not a big lie...by attending a peaceful rally.

Seriously...when you want to make it a crime to voice one's opinion or listen to someone else voice their opinion, you have descended into a stinking swamp that nobody in America wants to create.

Nothing wrong with supporting a lawful effort to stop the steal...which is not a big lie...by attending a peaceful rally.

Seriously...when you want to make it a crime to voice one's opinion or listen to someone else voice their opinion, you have descended into a stinking swamp that nobody in America wants to create.
It's a lie. She's the wife of a SCOTUS. Game over. I don't share your la-la land view of reality.

Here's the problem with your in-depth "analysis": we can actually see what Thomas is doing. It's not hypothetical.
ginni, NOT clarence thomas

we do not expect biden to recuse himself from energy matters because hunter was on the staff of burisma

or from education matters because dr jill biden is an educator

ginni acting against the best interests of the United States should embarrass clarence thomas, but her actions have nothing to do with his obligations as a jurist

we do not expect biden to recuse himself from energy matters because hunter was on the staff of burisma

ginni acting against the best interests of the United States should embarrass clarence thomas, but her actions have nothing to do with his obligations as a jurist
Biden recuse himself? WTF???

Biden isn't a judge or prosecutor. Presidents don't recuse themselves.

And that hypothetical progressive judge would not recuse themselves either, so yes why should Thomas do something that other judges would not do?

Here's the problem with your in-depth "analysis": we can actually see what Thomas is doing. It's not hypothetical.
He is doing what any of the progressive justices would do if they were in the exact same position.

Thomas is a POS. That's what happens when you put a hack on the court with very little bench experience, which is what he had. All the Rs in SCOTUS are a biased and a disgrace, attending conservatives rallies and speaking at hack events. Totally unfitting for their role

So your rebuttal is, because she says so? Not good enough. There are prisons all over America full of people who say they didn’t do it. Show me the receipts. Where did she go after the rally?
Accusations/Convictions/Justice System, none of them work that way although if we continue, eventually we will have the thought crime police, as it is all a part of cancel culture gone awry.

With all the footage out there, do you honestly think that if she had participated in any meaningful way that it wouldn't be FRONT PAGE news on some publication?

Of course it would have been but regardless, if you want a recusing excuse, you'll have to find it yourselves.

Movement conservatism has a knack for tearing things down.

Mycroft, at some point you are going to have to stop arguing that there was a steal, or present some information confirming your theory. Keep remembering real history and forget the fantasies: the Civil War was about slavery and the South lost, there was no stab in the back that cost Germany WWI, Oswald and Sirhan acted alone, the Red Sox lost the World Series in 1986, three million illegals did not vote in California in 2016, and Trump lost in 2020.

Mycroft, at some point you are going to have to stop arguing that there was a steal, or present some information confirming your theory. Keep remembering real history and forget the fantasies: the Civil War was about slavery and the South lost, there was no stab in the back that cost Germany WWI, Oswald and Sirhan acted alone, the Red Sox lost the World Series in 1986, three million illegals did not vote in California in 2016, and Trump lost in 2020.
At some point you are going to have to do your own research. I've given you evidence and pointed you in the direction of more evidence, yet you always ask for evidence.

Look. I don't give a rat's ass if you ever find the evidence you say you want from me.

You know the old saying, right? You can lead a horse to water...well, you know the rest.

At some point you are going to have to do your own research. I've given you evidence and pointed you in the direction of more evidence, yet you always ask for evidence.

Look. I don't give a rat's ass if you ever find the evidence you say you want from me.

You know the old saying, right? You can lead a horse to water...well, you know the rest.
You have provided nothing. Neither has Trump. I have asked several times and no one has provided anything. It’s a snipe hunt. I just did some research: Googled “where is the evidence that the 2020 election was rigged?” Got nothing. Of course, Google was no doubt part of the plot. There’s that to comfort your paranoia. Is there a non biased search engine?

Face it. Trump always claims elections are rigged. He said so in 2016, when he WON. I can see you liking his policies, but believing his ego-driven lies? That Kool-Aid must taste great.

Back
Top Bottom