• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gingrich and his big-government solutions

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
GINGRICH AND HIS BIG-GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS.... The uproar over converting a closed Manhattan clothing store into a community center has been a little quiet this week, but disgraced former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) is still full of ideas.

For example, ol' Newt now believes Congress can designate Ground Zero as "a national battlefield memorial because I think we should think of the World Trade Center as a battlefield site." Putting aside whether this is a good idea or not, even if Congress did as Gingrich suggests, it wouldn't make any difference -- because no one is talking about building the community center at Ground Zero.

Newt, you have certainly gone downhill since the days when you put together the Contract for America, and took the House of Representatives back from the Liberal elites who were running it. Did all that talk about limiting government mean anything to you? If it did then, it certainly does not anymore.

Contentious issues, such as the Islamic Cultural Center in New York, are the tools that separate would be Conservatives from the real ones. Conservatism must be consistent across the board, or it is no longer Conservatism.

Good bye, Newt. I miss you, or rather, I miss what used to be you.

Article is here.

I'm pretty sure, being as the building in question was so close to the WTC that it was damaged from the wheel of the hijacked plan, that it would be covered.

Newt is a legend in his own mind. Isn't this the guy that cheated on his wife on her death bed? If either he or Palin is the candidate nominated for the republican CIC slot Obama will be a shoe in. :lamo

Old politicians are like old boxers. They don't know when to leave the ring. And instead of retiring graciously they take that last one fight and embarass themselves silly.

McCain should have retired but instead in his last campaign he got Palin for his dance
partner.

Charles Rangel should retire now that it looks like he clearly violated ethic standards but for some reason he wants to fight it out.

Back
Top Bottom