• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gilo residents part with barrier

ido_

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Gilo residents part with barrier - Israel News, Ynetnews

Decade after cement wall installed in Jerusalem neighborhood to shield residents from Beit Jala fire, and in accordance with military decision, 80 out of 800 concrete plates removed. Rest of wall to be dismantled over next two weeks. 'I hope this signifies an age of sanity,' resident says

This is a very good news. If the IDF makes the decision to remove this wall which was life saving in early 2000s it means something about the ability of the PA to control the order in Beth-Lehem. I believe there is a ground today for a sustainable peace agreement with the Palestinians in the West Bank, I just hope the Palestinians will stop their boycott before a new wave of violance will strike us.

This is a very good news. If the IDF makes the decision to remove this wall which was life saving in early 2000s it means something about the ability of the PA to control the order in Beth-Lehem. I believe there is a ground today for a sustainable peace agreement with the Palestinians in the West Bank, I just hope the Palestinians will stop their boycott before a new wave of violance will strike us.

Very good news indeed. Keeping fingers crossed

I hope so too. Positive actions towards reconciliation should always be reciprocated in kind. One good turn deserves and demands another, and thus a virtuous circle begins to spin. It's great to read of a good news story amongst so many bad ones.

If additional portions of the security fence around Gilo are removed and then do not need to be put back in place, that would be an encouraging development that the overall risk of terrorism has declined. The removal of parts of the security fence and consideration of removing the entire portion around Gilo reaffirms Israel's original intent that the security fence represented a temporary mechanism for dealing with the specific problem of suicide bomb attacks.

Back
Top Bottom