• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gilbert Gottfried, RIP

I never got his humor, but can certainly appreciate that others did.

Someone care to refresh my memory, was Gilbert a regular cast member on SNL?
Yes, he was on the disastrous second cast of SNL, after the original Not Ready For Prime Time Players (Belushi, Ackroyd, Radner, et all).

Lorne Michaels had left the show and Jean Doumanian ran the disaster cast. (Charles Rocket, Denny Dillon, Ann Risley, Gilbert Gottfried, Joe Piscopo, Gail Matthius). It was bad, Gilbert frequently talked about how much of a piece of shit the show was. Eventually, Eddie Murphy joined the cast.

Holy shit.....I am just shocked. I've met Gilbert a few times after shows and have listened to nearly all of his 400+ podcasts.

Evidently he had a long term illness. I know he moved to Florida last year, and the production of his podcast has been less than usual.

Wow. Condolences to his wife Dara, and his two kids, this is just....

This sucks...his voice (be it a shtick or not) is iconic to the point where I can clearly hear it in my head anytime I think about it.

Yes, he was on the disastrous second cast of SNL, after the original Not Ready For Prime Time Players (Belushi, Ackroyd, Radner, et all).

Lorne Michaels had left the show and Jean Doumanian ran the disaster cast. (Charles Rocket, Denny Dillon, Ann Risley, Gilbert Gottfried, Joe Piscopo, Gail Matthius). It was bad, Gilbert frequently talked about how much of a piece of shit the show was. Eventually, Eddie Murphy joined the cast.
Yes i recall

Charles Rocket using the F word in the closing credits and getting canned.

I actually stopped watching for several years after the original prime time players departed. For those too young, those first 5 seasons are the best.

Here is a touching tribute of Gil from Rogerebert.com, the author is a huge fan of the podcast, and includes in his piece a lot of the things that made us all love him. BTW, the title of the article alludes to what Gilbert always said when the topic of Jerry Lewis and his complete assholeness came up.

Here is a touching tribute of Gil from Rogerebert.com, the author is a huge fan of the podcast, and includes in his piece a lot of the things that made us all love him. BTW, the title of the article alludes to what Gilbert always said when the topic of Jerry Lewis and his complete assholeness came up.

I heard this 1992 interview with him on NPR public radio last night. In the link there's a 45 min. podcast that starts with trump endorsing repugs, the second half has the interview if anyone is interested.

I heard this 1992 interview with him on NPR public radio last night. In the link there's a 45 min. podcast that starts with trump endorsing repugs, the second half has the interview if anyone is interested.

They had the service yesterday, it was carried live on Zoom for Patreon members of his podcast. I think it might be up there for free.

But, this is Gilbert, joking all the way. He was near death, the doctor wanted to check if he had suffered any brain damage so he asked him a simple math problem, instead, Gilbert sang the theme song from "Car 54 Where Are You?"

Back
Top Bottom