• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Giant Eagle stores sued

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Some posters know of Giant Eagle stores and their draconian mask policy.

Well they have been sued for violating the ADA act.

Do you know that you do not have to tell the store what your disability is due to HIPPA laws?

Learn your rights here.

Do you know that you do not have to tell the store what your disability is due to HIPPA laws?

Which provision of HIPPA says "you do not have to tell the store what your disability is", aka, you can simply claim you have a disability therefore you do not have to follow any rule you don't like?

Which provision of HIPPA says that if I don't like a store's "no shoes, no shirt, no pants, no clothes, no service" policy, I can just walk in their with my hairy balls flapping around in the wind?

Now, it's not really my area, but HIPPA generally is about protection against disclosure of medical information. If I need a client's medical records from a prison, I need to submit a HIPPA-compliant authorization signed and dated by that client.

Meanwhile, the ADA is about all sorts of things related to discrimination, but generally about what public accommodations of certain capacities/sizes must do to allow accessibility.

I have not heard of anything that means you can simply claim a disability or medical condition, provide no proof, and you can skirt any rule the business sets such as a mask-wearing requirement. Doubly so if there are mandates in place. I'm guessing there's more to it than that, if it exists.

The other thing to remember, is that someone filing a suit does not prove anything. If the suit survives a motion to dismiss, it means that assuming every factual statement in the complaint is true, there's a non-zero chance of recovery. If it survives summary judgment, it has a better chance. And at trial, you win as plaintiff if you have a >50% chance of being correct. (If you want to get rid of "in an accident? WANT MONEY? Call me today!", then that last thing is what you change).

But all you did was link a video. Can you state it in your own words? Give me a statutory cite. Even better, give me a case interpreting that provision that says exactly what you claim.

Until then it's just Show and Tell with Robert.

Learn your rights here.

These people are so full of it. No one likes wearing a mask. But come on, just a little compassion for your fellow man.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...9633916.html&usg=AOvVaw3sCq41n3GelhyjNjubfmzM

Doctor jogs 22 miles in a mask, proving that mask wearing is not harmful to your health. It has come down to this:

Trump supporter = No Mask

Everyone else = Believers in medical science

Learn your rights here.

These rumors are false. The ADA does not obligate a business to let you in the store without a mask. HIPAA does not bar them from asking about your disability. Stop repeating garbage you see on facebook without researching it.

These rumors are false. The ADA does not obligate a business to let you in the store without a mask. HIPAA does not bar them from asking about your disability. Stop repeating garbage you see on facebook without researching it.

Super, where is your research? Somebody must have snatched it from you.

Learn your rights here.

You can always pick up your stuff in the parking lot. It is an option for the very few who we should protect by wearing a mask, because they can't wear one themselves.
I personally won't frequent a story that does NOT have a mask policy.

The ADA requires that they offer reasonable accommodations so if they don't let you in, they need to have some little teen with a mask on running in and out filling your shopping list. They can't just ban people with disabilities from entering the store.

You can always pick up your stuff in the parking lot. It is an option for the very few who we should protect by wearing a mask, because they can't wear one themselves.
I personally won't frequent a story that does NOT have a mask policy.

Golden Eagle does have good prices. I compared them to our own WINCO which has excellent prices. And their mask policy is voluntary. In a free country, precisely what I expect.

All of WINCO workers however do wear Masks since they come in contact daily with so many customers. WINCO also erected large plastic screens to protect their workers.

Golden Eagle does have good prices. I compared them to our own WINCO which has excellent prices. And their mask policy is voluntary. In a free country, precisely what I expect.

All of WINCO workers however do wear Masks since they come in contact daily with so many customers. WINCO also erected large plastic screens to protect their workers.

Take your freedom and stuff it. Less selfish people cheered when this was said
“Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,”
You know, patriots and all.

Which provision of HIPPA says "you do not have to tell the store what your disability is", aka, you can simply claim you have a disability therefore you do not have to follow any rule you don't like?

Which provision of HIPPA says that if I don't like a store's "no shoes, no shirt, no pants, no clothes, no service" policy, I can just walk in their with my hairy balls flapping around in the wind?

Now, it's not really my area, but HIPPA generally is about protection against disclosure of medical information. If I need a client's medical records from a prison, I need to submit a HIPPA-compliant authorization signed and dated by that client.

Meanwhile, the ADA is about all sorts of things related to discrimination, but generally about what public accommodations of certain capacities/sizes must do to allow accessibility.

I have not heard of anything that means you can simply claim a disability or medical condition, provide no proof, and you can skirt any rule the business sets such as a mask-wearing requirement. Doubly so if there are mandates in place. I'm guessing there's more to it than that, if it exists.

The other thing to remember, is that someone filing a suit does not prove anything. If the suit survives a motion to dismiss, it means that assuming every factual statement in the complaint is true, there's a non-zero chance of recovery. If it survives summary judgment, it has a better chance. And at trial, you win as plaintiff if you have a >50% chance of being correct. (If you want to get rid of "in an accident? WANT MONEY? Call me today!", then that last thing is what you change).

But all you did was link a video. Can you state it in your own words? Give me a statutory cite. Even better, give me a case interpreting that provision that says exactly what you claim.

Until then it's just Show and Tell with Robert.

Your solution was not to complain to me, but use Youtube that I provided where you can then play her video, study her remarks section to see if others agree with you and if not, ask her for her proof.

Easy peasy.

Take your freedom and stuff it. Less selfish people cheered when this was said
“Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,”
You know, patriots and all.

That is a vicious comment. I have often commented that Democrats accept and promote draconian laws be imposed on free citizens and you provided more proof I am correct.

Democrats are not now asking what they can do for Country. They hate Trump so much they attack the president who is doing a lot for the country. Trump lives that comment attributed often to Kennedy when he was living.

Never heard of a giant eagle store.
Anyway masks should be worn.

This household and all of our children and their families believe in PREVENTION no matter what. WE eat healthy and nurture our immune systems. WE stay home a lot. Next we ingest as much hope as is humanly possible.

WE also wear masks.

The choices as we see it: wear masks OR be taken down by COVID 19. But if you choose COVID 19 please do not share YOUR COVID 19 with anyone else without their approval. Dying may not be as much fun as some politicians portray such.

The GOP is once again demonstrating stupidity and more negligence. Through GOP negligence COVID 19 is everywhere ( Not New Zealand). No one knows when or if COVID 19 will retreat significantly as conservatives refuse to wear masks. As if they are immune to COVID 19 = their brains are rotting quickly.

When did COVID 19 actually penetrate USA borders? I say the USA has been led astray thus some conservative politicians need to be prosecuted damn right.

How Masks Help
Masks Are the Key to Stopping the Rise

COVID-19 can be transmitted via respiratory droplets, which may become airborne when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even breathes within a few feet of someone else. The virus can also settle onto surfaces, where it may survive long enough for other people to pick it up and transfer to vulnerable areas like the nose, mouth and the outer surface of the eyes (conjunctiva). So masks, by slowing the rate of droplets leaving the mouth and nose, can help reduce the viral load in the air and therefore reduce the number of virus particles on surfaces, but only if everyone does their part.

Masks Are the Key to Stopping the Rise

Choosing the Right Mask

The materials a mask is made from and the tightness of the fit on the face are both important factors; getting either wrong will significantly reduce the mask’s effectiveness. The most current research suggests a combination of fabrics. The best seems to be making the mask from one layer of cotton along with two layers of polyester/spandex chiffon as the different types of layers are more effective than using one single fabric.

This is because different types of fabrics work in different ways to block virus particles: Cotton creates a physical barrier, while chiffon creates an electrostatic barrier. The combination of both offers a better chance of trapping more particles and therefore protecting everyone around us.

Conservative radicals have the right to not wear mask indoors and business owners have the right to deny entry.

Your preference: Wear a mask or become a victim of COVID 19 which can kill.

Does anyone else remember when "conservatives" opposed to frivolous lawsuits?

The ADA does not entitle you to enter a store without a mask. Right wingers are such entitled babies.

Back
Top Bottom