• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Getting them young

Keridan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So I have 2 kids. Normally, I'm gone for work before the rest ot the family is awake. Today was odd. I was here for my kids' home schooling. I happened to over hear my older one's teacher (6th grad) telling them to follow his opinions on little things like the environment, covid, and social justice. The problem; this was his COMPUTER science teacher. WTF? Talk about brainwashing. I called to complain and got all kinds of excuses and not much else. Are you kidding me? The kid is 11 and he's being brainwashed by computer?

Being told to follow his opinions is brainwashing? Are you sure he's the one who's being brainwashed?

Are you an idiot? He's 11 years old. I'm not even saying the teacher had wrong opinions, but why the hell is a computer science teacher covering these issues at all? I waited till he was done to see if he had some bigger point. He didn't.

So I have 2 kids. Normally, I'm gone for work before the rest ot the family is awake. Today was odd. I was here for my kids' home schooling. I happened to over hear my older one's teacher (6th grad) telling them to follow his opinions on little things like the environment, covid, and social justice. The problem; this was his COMPUTER science teacher. WTF? Talk about brainwashing. I called to complain and got all kinds of excuses and not much else. Are you kidding me? The kid is 11 and he's being brainwashed by computer?
Yep. The brainwashing is rampant. My 15 year old took a test not too long ago in the public school system to see where she stood on the political spectrum. The questions led her down the path that they wanted to lead her down. I had to have a talk with her about how they word things to brainwash you into being what they want you to be. Not all is as it seems.

Are you an idiot? He's 11 years old. I'm not even saying the teacher had wrong opinions, but why the hell is a computer science teacher covering these issues at all? I waited till he was done to see if he had some bigger point. He didn't.

Okay but you could teach your child to remember it, throw it up on the paper come test day, and forget it thereafter like other parents have to do for right-wing military industrial history.

And that's it for this board. I seriously got penalized for asking a question after the years of paying for membership on a free board and being generally polite to ones who weren't complete idiots. I wish you all the best

Yep. The brainwashing is rampant. My 15 year old took a test not too long ago in the public school system to see where she stood on the political spectrum. The questions led her down the path that they wanted to lead her down. I had to have a talk with her about how they word things to brainwash you into being what they want you to be. Not all is as it seems.

Yet you, for all the world, appear to adhere to the reality shared only by consumers of conservative media, which is almost entirely different from the reality shared by the rest of the world's people.

I would be slavering at liberals if I got all my information from your sources too.

And before you start, please provide an example of where you vary from the programmed worldview. Because as far as I can tell there is no variance among you.

Helped a buddy of mine I used to work for after not seeing him for a while. I knew what he was going to say on every single topic. Because y'all all believe the exact same things. Constant repetition is a key programming tool. That's why your positions are simplistic and identical.

It is wholly unnatural for so many people to agree so completely on so many subjects. And pivot 180 degrees on cue, without a peep of protest or questioning.

And that's it for this board. I seriously got penalized for asking a question after the years of paying for membership on a free board and being generally polite to ones who weren't complete idiots. I wish you all the best

Keridan, PLEASE don't go! This is just one conversation! Please don't let it cause you to leave!

I was about to agree with you completely!

Informing someone that they appear to have missed your point, or have addressed something which you feel is off topic, does not require implying that they may be (are?) “an idiot”.

Yet you, for all the world, appear to adhere to the reality shared only by consumers of conservative media, which is almost entirely different from the reality shared by the rest of the world's people.

I would be slavering at liberals if I got all my information from your sources too.

And before you start, please provide an example of where you vary from the programmed worldview. Because as far as I can tell there is no variance among you.

Helped a buddy of mine I used to work for after not seeing him for a while. I knew what he was going to say on every single topic. Because y'all all believe the exact same things. Constant repetition is a key programming tool. That's why your positions are simplistic and identical.

It is wholly unnatural for so many people to agree so completely on so many subjects. And pivot 180 degrees on cue, without a peep of protest or questioning.
I don't get any news at all from the so called conservative media. I realize that not only are they biased but so are the regular MSM.

Keridan, PLEASE don't go! This is just one conversation! Please don't let it cause you to leave!

I was about to agree with you completely!
Informing someone that they appear to have missed your point, or have addressed something which you feel is off topic, does not require implying that they may be (are?) “an idiot”.

You are both right and I appreciate the input. I was upset at the reaction. This was upsetting to me and I got in trouble from someone I generally respect a great deal. I think maybe a break is in order. These times have us all a bit riled up.

Thank you for your input and thoughts

I am curious. What excuses did the teacher give you for crossing the line with his curriculum?

Back
Top Bottom