• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Get Your Kids Off Of Those School Buses!

RetiredUSN

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Kamala Harris states that your kids are facing a very serious health and learning crisis because school buses run on diesel fuel.

26 million kids are at very serious risk.

I pray that Biden lives through his 4 years because this whack job is one heartbeat away.

I'm glad she doesn't identify as Indian despite being half.
Her stupidity and ignorance is something our people don't want to claim.

Kamala Harris states that your kids are facing a very serious health and learning crisis because school buses run on diesel fuel.

I pray that Biden lives through his 4 years because this whack job is one heartbeat away.

Do you not believe this is an actual thing?

I'm glad she doesn't identify as Indian despite being half.
Her stupidity and ignorance is something our people don't want to claim.

What exactly is stupid and ignorant about her statement? Do you think it's not a good idea to reduce children's exposure to diesel emissions or something?

OMG
kids have been riding school busses since I was a kid and that was many moons ago
Its not like they are sucking down exhaust fumes from the exhaust pipe

What exactly is stupid and ignorant about her statement? Do you think it's not a good idea to reduce children's exposure to diesel emissions or something?
She reads a teleprompter - she doesn't know what's she talking about.
She and Biden are empty suits being used by the globalist cabinet.

She reads a teleprompter - she doesn't know what's she talking about.
She and Biden are empty suits being used by the globalist cabinet.

Still even if she personally doesn't know what she's talking about, why is it bad she's bringing awareness to an actual issue not just some globalist cabinet whatever?

She is right.....all of us but especially kids would benefit from a reduction in diesel fuel fumes. I think this was part of a speech touting the incentives for school boards that will replace the majority of school buses with electric school buses....and that's a good thing.

Shit, I hope that she doesn't like the wrong mustard.

OMG
kids have been riding school busses since I was a kid and that was many moons ago
Its not like they are sucking down exhaust fumes from the exhaust pipe

You might not be aware but things have changed greatly since the cretaceous period those many moons ago. What may have been acceptable then, we demand better now.

You might not be aware but things have changed greatly since the cretaceous period those many moons ago. What may have been acceptable then, we demand better now.
The incident was caught on camera and shows the violent fire engulfing the roof of the electric bus where the battery packs are located. It certainly looks scary as burning debris were ejected from the roof, falling onto the sidewalk and the road like a rain of fire.

The incident was caught on camera and shows the violent fire engulfing the roof of the electric bus where the battery packs are located. It certainly looks scary as burning debris were ejected from the roof, falling onto the sidewalk and the road like a rain of fire.

Oh you have convinced me, after all diesel is in no way flammable and we can never learn from mistakes and make things better, right?

Oh you have convinced me, after all diesel is in no way flammable and we can never learn from mistakes and make things better, right?
I dont recall diesel busses spontaneously combusting

I dont recall diesel busses spontaneously combusting

It happens too.

A Florida school bus driver is being called a hero after saving 40 students Tuesday when their bus caught fire.

O'Connell reportedly saw smoke coming from the hood of the bus about 10 minutes into her route after school. She then stopped and began getting the young children off the bus.

''It was spontaneous. It looked like something that could happen to any vehicle," Degonzague told WKMG. ''Ms. Janet is a very humble person. When I spoke to her about it, she said, 'Brian, I did what I did because I love my kids.' She doesn't want the spotlight on her, but what she did was pretty incredible.''

At least she hasn't quit. I notice you stopped making picks when you fell to the basement...

You may want to look at health outcomes for children that are regularly exposed to vehicle exhaust.

I’m calling it. The thing that will come out if this is school buses are racist 🙄. All the wealthy students get driven to school by their parents.

Converting school buses to hybrid/electric would be a very good utilization of that technology.

School buses follow a set path daily and return to a depot between morning/afternoon trips as well as weekends/evenings.

Perfect set up for charging stations and utilizing hybrid and electric technology to reduce dependence on diesel.

I’m not understanding how or why this would be controversial. It seems like common sense.

NJ is rolling out hybrid/electric city buses…another logical move if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom