• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Get ready to look at Rivek Ramaswamy for President.

Freedom and merit applied to these people how?
images

Tulsa OK, 1921
Anyone can choose a doctored photo and make a political statement out of it.

Pence would rather be a governor for four years and a House rep for 12 than a woman who slept her way to prominence, called the president a racist, could not get a single primary vote in 2020, and then played on her color and gender to be selected as Biden's running mate. You want her? You can have her. No one wants her to run next year.
Assumes facts not in evidence.
Didn't answer my question. Who exactly did she sleep with to get to the top? The loser President is a racist. She got plenty of votes, but no delegates.

Anyone can choose a doctored photo and make a political statement out of it.
So you don't know much about US History either? It doesn't surprise me, this incident is part of the white narrative on US History...if it makes us look bad, leave it out. Learn about the
Greenwood district of Tulsa OK and what happened there in the summer of 1921. It has everything to do freedom and merit.
Careful though, actual history will wake you to the truth. Come back and defend that event when you learn what happened. If you don't, I'll know that you woke to actual US History.

Rivek Ramaswamy
hehehe
Try that in Texas

I personally think Anglicizing one's personal name, especially surname, is disrespectful to one's parents, family, and culture.

But I must admit I can see the point why Nimarata Randhawa prefers "Nikki Haley". Though, I surely wouldn't change my name for anyone.

Assumes facts not in evidence.
Didn't answer my question. Who exactly did she sleep with to get to the top? The loser President is a racist. She got plenty of votes, but no delegates.
Seems like you need to become familiar with the current history of your VP and not obsess over an old photo that could be about anything you choose from the long (and successful) history of Civil Rights. Willie Brown needed a lovely companion while he was estranged from his wife. A good way to take your mind off of Woke politics in San Francisco.

Kamala Harris and Willie Brown had a relationship over a decade after he separated from wife​

"Kamala Harris did have a relationship with Willie Brown, who later served as San Francisco’s mayor, between 1994 and 1995 ( here ). The Los Angeles Times first linked the pair in 1994 ( here ) when Harris, beginning her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office ( www.harris.senate.gov/about ), was 29 and Brown, speaker of the California State Assembly ( here ), was 60 ( here ).
Although Brown was legally married at the time, he had reportedly been estranged from his wife, Blanche Brown, since 1981, according to People magazine (here).
:

Seems like you need to become familiar with the current history of your VP and not obsess over an old photo that could be about anything you choose from the long (and successful) history of Civil Rights. Willie Brown needed a lovely companion while he was estranged from his wife. A good way to take your mind off of Woke politics in San Francisco.

Kamala Harris and Willie Brown had a relationship over a decade after he separated from wife​

"Kamala Harris did have a relationship with Willie Brown, who later served as San Francisco’s mayor, between 1994 and 1995 ( here ). The Los Angeles Times first linked the pair in 1994 ( here ) when Harris, beginning her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office ( www.harris.senate.gov/about ), was 29 and Brown, speaker of the California State Assembly ( here ), was 60 ( here ).
Although Brown was legally married at the time, he had reportedly been estranged from his wife, Blanche Brown, since 1981, according to People magazine (here).
:

OMG, two adults had consensual sex! Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and say she got her job as a ADA in SF (timelines don't match) due to her relationship with Willie Brown. How does that equate to sleeping her way to the top? Putting aside your magnificent display of mysogyny, how is her first job equal to the top?

I notice you haven't learned your history yet. Do you think it is doctored because you are afraid of the truth, afraid of waking up to our real history? #sad

OMG, two adults had consensual sex! Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and say she got her job as a ADA in SF (timelines don't match) due to her relationship with Willie Brown. How does that equate to sleeping her way to the top? Putting aside your magnificent display of mysogyny, how is her first job equal to the top?

I notice you haven't learned your history yet. Do you think it is doctored because you are afraid of the truth, afraid of waking up to our real history? #sad
Maybe Kamala's escapades in the Bay Area were before your time.

Tell me, what would I learn if I delved into the Tulsa Massacre of over 100 years ago? White man bad? Black man good?
How about we dwell on the murders committed by rebellious slaves?
Is that good history also that should be taught in schools.? What would it prove to do so? More racial harmony?

"Numerous African slave rebellions and insurrections took place in North America during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. There is documented evidence of more than 250 uprisings or attempted uprisings involving 10 or more slaves. Three of the best known in the United States during the 19th century are the revolts by Gabriel Prosser in the Richmond, Virginia area in 1800, Denmark Vesey in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1822, and Nat Turner in Southampton County, Virginia, in 1831."

Tell me, what would I learn if I delved into the Tulsa Massacre of over 100 years ago? White man bad? Black man good?
Is that good history also that should be taught in schools.? What would it prove to do so? More racial harmony?

"Numerous African slave rebellions and insurrections took place in North America during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. There is documented evidence of more than 250 uprisings or attempted uprisings involving 10 or more slaves. Three of the best known in the United States during the 19th century are the revolts by Gabriel Prosser in the Richmond, Virginia area in 1800, Denmark Vesey in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1822, and Nat Turner in Southampton County, Virginia, in 1831."

What escapades? I addressed the heart of your argument...consensual sex between two adults. Telling that it is all on her shoulders and Willie Brown gets no shade.
Merit and freedom were used as exemplars earlier in the thread. The blacks in Greenwood had freedom and their economic acumen gave them more merit than most of the whites that destroyed tyheir community, killed up to 300 of them, and helped prevent insurance or city regulations helping them to rebuild.

In what universe would you say that a slave trying to attain freedom murdered their owners or those helping to enslave them?
"Lynching in America documents more than 4400 racial terror lynchings in the United States during the period between Reconstruction and World War II."

How many slaveowners and their brethren were killed in all of the slave revolts that so disturb you? If you were a slave, what would you do to gain your freedom.

So you don't know much about US History either? It doesn't surprise me, this incident is part of the white narrative on US History...if it makes us look bad, leave it out. Learn about the
Greenwood district of Tulsa OK and what happened there in the summer of 1921. It has everything to do freedom and merit.
Careful though, actual history will wake you to the truth. Come back and defend that event when you learn what happened. If you don't, I'll know that you woke to actual US History.

He clearly knows very little about history or current events. I’m not here to educate him.

He clearly knows very little about history or current events. I’m not here to educate him.
If not you, who?
I just keep pounding, hoping that one person, one time, thinks honestly about my point.

If not you, who?
I just keep pounding, hoping that one person, one time, thinks honestly about my point.

If Jay allows hyper-partisanship to cloud even the very ability to educate himself over history or current events, then he’s not reachable.

I take it you're an expert on business people with money running for office. Pelosi, Feinstein, and John Kerry are excellent examples of how people with money stay in politics over the years.
You can't swing a dead cat on either side of the aisle to find such people. However, investment millionaires struggle to become President like Romney. It takes vast fortunes to run for office, most are smart and use OTHER people's money to do that. Most monied folks running for high office work their way up to the national stage.... :unsure:

But by ALL MEANS, he should run. tRump needs the GOP vote split up as much as possible... ✌️

Vivek could be the new material we need.
A Conservative who is rich, smart, accomplished, anti-Woke, and an American who loves his country.
You're not interested in his ideas. You're looking at the "R" after his name and maybe because he is a person of color on the wrong side of the fence.
We tried the rich, inexperienced guy once, and the country almost didn't survive it. I'll take Biden, but thanks.

You learned how to pronounce Barack Obama just fine.
If you are going to talk down to a candidate you should at least have the courtesy (and the intelligence) to pronounce his name correctly.

Good point.

“Hi, I am running for president and my name is Vivek ram…”

No, Next!

Hey, not too much worse than "Barak Obama". Yet, the majority America's voters managed to remember his name - twice! Some even know it still today!

You seem to think there will be no Republican challenger during the primary process... :rolleyes:

The biggest problem with conservative 'ideals' is they are far from ideal for the majority and investment management isn't ideal for government... ✌️

My take on the bolded is conservative ideals are fine for some in their personal lives (me!), but not so good for impressing upon our fellow Americans through governance.

We want to be liberal in our understanding & tolerance of each other, but benevolent as well.

And no, governance is not a business! That's one of the most asinine idea I've ever encountered . . .

Pence would rather be a governor for four years and a House rep for 12 than a woman who slept her way to prominence, called the president a racist, could not get a single primary vote in 2020, and then played on her color and gender to be selected as Biden's running mate. You want her? You can have her. No one wants her to run next year.

If Biden runs, which I believe he will, he has to solve the Kamala problem. Given his circumstances, he needs a stellar running-mate in order to prevail. Otherwise, he might be doomed. The most important thing he will face and do, will be choosing a running-mate.

My Biden dream Veep is Michele Obama. But I strongly doubt that could come to be.

We tried the rich, inexperienced guy once, and the country almost didn't survive it. I'll take Biden, but thanks.
So you felt the country was burned by a rich, inexperienced white guy.
SO one guy makes a pattern or a trend?
So you'd rather go with an 80-year old political fossil?
You're a pioneer. That's never been done before.

You can't swing a dead cat on either side of the aisle to find such people. However, investment millionaires struggle to become President like Romney. It takes vast fortunes to run for office, most are smart and use OTHER people's money to do that. Most monied folks running for high office work their way up to the national stage.... :unsure:

But by ALL MEANS, he should run. tRump needs the GOP vote split up as much as possible... ✌️
So you want Trump to run and win the nomination like he did in 2016? Because he lost the last time? Very clever.
I want to see fewer candidates in the race so that doesn't happen again.

Some of you might have looked at Rivek's book on “Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam.”
He is quite eloquent and single-minded in his views of Conservatism in the U.S.
Below are some excerpts from the Wall St. Journal explaining his position.
I imagine since he is so non-WOKE, he may not appeal to those social justice warriors who think Biden is doing a great job pandering to all of those Progressive factions in the country today.

I am interested in what some of the serious political thinkers on this site feel about someone who is dedicated to Conservative ideals and NOT interested in kowtowing to groups in the Democratic Party like the Progressive Insurgents and the Progressive/Liberal Establishment.
see https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-4-main-factions-of-the-house-democratic-caucus/

In all seriousness, I would not be averse to voting for the man. He seems like an intelligent, charismatic young man with a bright future, but I say this with a few caveats.

First, it is not enough for me to simply be "Not woke." I would actually want some vision of what his idea of "an inspiring national identity" is.

Second, I believe that to be President, one should have had more than passing experience as a public servant beholden to voters, rather than a board of directors. If Mr. Ramaswamy had been the mayor of a town, a governor, a Senator, I might be more tempted to vote for him. Because then we would have some inkling of his record and his ability when it comes to being in a position of elected leadership where he has to answer to regular everyday people.

That he was the Wunderkind CEO really does not cut it for me. He may be a great President, but I would rather vote for someone who has a good record of public service, like Nikki Haley.

Ok you hit a double whammy. You think I give two ****s about what a ****ing fascist like Desantis says?

He’s the perfect example of why “wokeism” is just a jingoist term used by lazy, uneducated bigots.

If Desantis told me the sky was blue, I’d die and go to hell to prove that it was green.
Pretty good take on DeSantis.
But I think you're holding back.
Tell us what you REALLY think.
**** that piece of shit.
That's better!!:)

In all seriousness, I would not be averse to voting for the man. He seems like an intelligent, charismatic young man with a bright future, but I say this with a few caveats.

First, it is not enough for me to simply be "Not woke." I would actually want some vision of what his idea of "an inspiring national identity" is.

Second, I believe that to be President, one should have had more than passing experience as a public servant beholden to voters, rather than a board of directors. If Mr. Ramaswamy had been the mayor of a town, a governor, a Senator, I might be more tempted to vote for him. Because then we would have some inkling of his record and his ability when it comes to being in a position of elected leadership where he has to answer to regular everyday people.

That he was the Wunderkind CEO really does not cut it for me. He may be a great President, but I would rather vote for someone who has a good record of public service, like Nikki Haley.
You make good points.
I'm afraid Vivek could go the way of Mitt Romney.

Slave uprisings were a good thing and absolutely should be taught in schools. If anything just to dispel the myth so beloved of southerners that they were all singing Kumbaya down on the plantations.

Back
Top Bottom