• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Get ready to look at Rivek Ramaswamy for President.

jaypatriot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Some of you might have looked at Rivek's book on “Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam.”
He is quite eloquent and single-minded in his views of Conservatism in the U.S.
Below are some excerpts from the Wall St. Journal explaining his position.
I imagine since he is so non-WOKE, he may not appeal to those social justice warriors who think Biden is doing a great job pandering to all of those Progressive factions in the country today.

I am interested in what some of the serious political thinkers on this site feel about someone who is dedicated to Conservative ideals and NOT interested in kowtowing to groups in the Democratic Party like the Progressive Insurgents and the Progressive/Liberal Establishment.
see https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-4-main-factions-of-the-house-democratic-caucus/

Why I’m Running for President​

America has lost sight of the ideals that made it great—freedom and merit foremost among them.​

By Vivek Ramaswamy
Feb. 21, 2023 8:00 pm ET
America is in the midst of a national identity crisis. We hunger for purpose at a moment when faith, patriotism and hard work are on the decline. We embrace secular religions like climatism, Covidism and gender ideology to satisfy our need for meaning, yet we can’t answer what it means to be an American.
The Republican Party’s top priority should be to fill this void with an inspiring national identity that dilutes the woke agenda to irrelevance. Instead, many top Republicans recite slogans they memorized in 1980 or criticize left-wing culture without offering an alternative. To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That’s why I am running for president. I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence.
It may seem presumptuous for a 37-year-old political outsider to pursue the highest office in the land, but I am running on a vision for our nation—one that revives merit in every sphere of American life.
We must restore merit for who gets to come to America. My parents entered this country legally, worked hard and raised two kids who went on to create businesses that improved the lives of thousands of Americans. We need more immigrants like them, instead of those who break the law when they enter our country. That means securing the border unapologetically and eliminating lottery-based immigration in favor of meritocratic admission.
We must embrace merit in who gets to succeed in America. The Supreme Court appears poised to overturn racial preferences in college admissions. As president I will eliminate affirmative action across the American economy. Lyndon B. Johnson’s Executive Order 11246 mandates that federal contractors—which employ approximately 20% of the U.S. workforce—adopt race-based hiring preferences. Top companies now regularly disfavor qualified applicants who happen to be white or Asian-American, which spawns resentment and condescension toward black and Hispanic hires. I will rescind this executive order and direct the Justice Department to prosecute illegal race-based preferences.
We must revive merit in who gets to govern in America. Democracy depends on a simple principle: The people we elect to run the government must be the people who actually run the government. The next time unelected bureaucrats like Anthony Fauci or Merrick Garland reach beyond their legal scope, I commit to doing what the president is constitutionally empowered to do: fire them. I will repeal civil-service protections for federal employees, by executive order if necessary, and replace these managerial protections with sunset clauses. If the president can’t hold his position for more than eight years, neither should most bureaucrats. I will call on Congress to repeal or amend the 1974 Impoundment Control Act and will stop funding agencies that waste money or have outlived their purpose. I will shut down agencies that can’t be reformed and create new ones built from scratch to replace them.

We must restore merit in determining which ideas win in America. The best ideas are born when no ideas are censored. Yet our government pressures technology companies to censor disfavored political speech and gives them special protections to carry it out.

Mr. Ramaswamy is a co-founder of Strive Asset Management and author, most recently, of “Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence” and “Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam.

A lot of people are going to say WHO?
We'll see how many Conservatives and Dems pay attention to his right wing message.
Vivek has the money to make himself visible.
Let's see how smart he is

Some of you might have looked at Rivek's book on “Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam.”
I imagine since he is so non-WOKE, he may not appeal to those social justice warriors who think Biden is doing a great job pandering to all of those Progressive factions in the country today.

I am interested in what some of the serious political thinkers on this site feel about someone who is dedicated to Conservative ideals and NOT interested in kowtowing to groups in the Democratic Party like the Progressive Insurgents and the Progressive/Liberal Establishment.
see https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-4-main-factions-of-the-house-democratic-caucus/

America has lost sight of the ideals that made it great—freedom and merit foremost among them.​

By Vivek Ramaswamy
America is in the midst of a national identity crisis. We hunger for purpose at a moment when faith, patriotism and hard work are on the decline. We embrace secular religions like climatism, Covidism and gender ideology to satisfy our need for meaning, yet we can’t answer what it means to be an American.
The Republican Party’s top priority should be to fill this void with an inspiring national identity that dilutes the woke agenda to irrelevance. Instead, many top Republicans recite slogans they memorized in 1980 or criticize left-wing culture without offering an alternative. To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That’s why I am running for president. I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence.
It may seem presumptuous for a 37-year-old political outsider to pursue the highest office in the land, but I am running on a vision for our nation—one that revives merit in every sphere of American life.
We must restore merit for who gets to come to America. My parents entered this country legally, worked hard and raised two kids who went on to create businesses that improved the lives of thousands of Americans. We need more immigrants like them, instead of those who break the law when they enter our country. That means securing the border unapologetically and eliminating lottery-based immigration in favor of meritocratic admission.
We must embrace merit in who gets to succeed in America. The Supreme Court appears poised to overturn racial preferences in college admissions. As president I will eliminate affirmative action across the American economy. Lyndon B. Johnson’s Executive Order 11246 mandates that federal contractors—which employ approximately 20% of the U.S. workforce—adopt race-based hiring preferences. Top companies now regularly disfavor qualified applicants who happen to be white or Asian-American, which spawns resentment and condescension toward black and Hispanic hires. I will rescind this executive order and direct the Justice Department to prosecute illegal race-based preferences.
We must revive merit in who gets to govern in America. Democracy depends on a simple principle: The people we elect to run the government must be the people who actually run the government. The next time unelected bureaucrats like Anthony Fauci or Merrick Garland reach beyond their legal scope, I commit to doing what the president is constitutionally empowered to do: fire them. I will repeal civil-service protections for federal employees, by executive order if necessary, and replace these managerial protections with sunset clauses. If the president can’t hold his position for more than eight years, neither should most bureaucrats. I will call on Congress to repeal or amend the 1974 Impoundment Control Act and will stop funding agencies that waste money or have outlived their purpose. I will shut down agencies that can’t be reformed and create new ones built from scratch to replace them.

We must restore merit in determining which ideas win in America. The best ideas are born when no ideas are censored. Yet our government pressures technology companies to censor disfavored political speech and gives them special protections to carry it out.

Mr. Ramaswamy is a co-founder of Strive Asset Management and author, most recently, of “Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence” and “Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam.
He sounds a lot like Trump.

I wonder if Trump is creating his own splitter strategy.

He sounds a lot like Trump.

I wonder if Trump is creating his own splitter strategy.
I wouldn't hang such a label on Vivek.
He is very intelligent; well spoken; polite; well-educated; and can handle himself in any discussion of national politics.
Not at all like Trump.
I wonder if he will bristle at such a statement made directly toward him. I sure would.

Trump will destroy him, whoever he is.

I wouldn't hang such a label on Vivek.
He is very intelligent; well spoken; polite; well-educated; and can handle himself in any discussion of national politics.
Not at all like Trump.
I wonder if he will bristle at such a statement made directly toward him. I sure would.
It's not how well he speaks that matters. It's what he's saying.

I'm interested in substance...not style.

He's certainly experienced in business and he brings in some interesting ideas. I'm waiting to hear more about him.

What a striver. No thanks.
Got something against meritorious accomplishment?
Or maybe he is too young for you.
You're prepared for vote for a 78-year old geezer.
Why not a 37-year bright and energetic Conservative?
Wrong initial after his name is probably the problem.

He's certainly experienced in business and he brings in some interesting ideas. I'm waiting to hear more about him.
His anti-Woke message is consistent.
I downloaded a sample of his latest anti-Woke book.
It's worth a read for those interested in his message to the American voter.

Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam.

It's not how well he speaks that matters. It's what he's saying.

I'm interested in substance...not style.
Me too.
You can hear a lot about what he is saying if you want to listen to him on YouTube.
He certainly is not hiding from anyone.

By Vivek Ramaswamy

Based on that intro, I've considered this guy and decided there is no ****ing way I'll ever support them for any elected position.

Got something against meritorious accomplishment?

Against strivers full of themselves? Yes. Of course. Nothing dooms a group dynamic like one of those.

Or maybe he is too young for you.

Could care less as a rule. But a bloated self-worth coupled to youthful exuberance has finance bro energy all over it.

You're prepared for vote for a 78-year old geezer.

If the geezer is running against someone who styles himself as a thoughtless striver on a crusade to put an end to introspection, justice and efforts to right ongoing wrongs - yes, of course. Geezer might even have gained wisdom, which exactly no young buck out to prove he's the best and brightest ever has.

Why not a 37-year bright and energetic Conservative?

Because it sounds just awful.

Wrong initial after his name is probably the problem.

If this is a reference to his political affiliation, then, yeah obviously. What the country doesn't need right now is a rich, young Republican who promises to put an end to our halting attempts to address the catastrophic heritage of slavery, Jim Crow, white supremacy, the legal suppression of women, and genocide.

As was said earlier... Who?

I don't think we're ready to vote for a guy who's name we can't pronounce... Lol

Against strivers full of themselves? Yes. Of course. Nothing dooms a group dynamic like one of those.

Could care less as a rule. But a bloated self-worth coupled to youthful exuberance has finance bro energy all over it.

If the geezer is running against someone who styles himself as a thoughtless striver on a crusade to put an end to introspection, justice and efforts to right ongoing wrongs - yes, of course. Geezer might even have gained wisdom, which exactly no young buck out to prove he's the best and brightest ever has.

Because it sounds just awful.

If this is a reference to his political affiliation, then, yeah obviously. What the country doesn't need right now is a rich, young Republican who promises to put an end to our halting attempts to address the catastrophic heritage of slavery, Jim Crow, white supremacy, the legal suppression of women, and genocide.
Is it hard being so far into the tank for Biden to where you can barely entertain ideas from another politician?

From your last paragraph I can see that if a politician is not a Progressive Social Justice warrior like a Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris, that person doesn't have a chance at your vote.
That also applies to a president who campaigned as a Moderate and then suddenly turned Left in order to pander to all the different factions in his party.

oh geeze, last I remember, "basement" Joe beat Trump. you folks on the Right need new material. seriously!
Vivek could be the new material we need.
A Conservative who is rich, smart, accomplished, anti-Woke, and an American who loves his country.
You're not interested in his ideas. You're looking at the "R" after his name and maybe because he is a person of color on the wrong side of the fence.

What a striver. No thanks.
Maybe you prefer a slacker.
Or a VP who got to the second most powerful political position in the world because of gender, ethnic origin, the color of her skin, and her Progressive bona fides.

Vivek could be the new material we need.
A Conservative who is rich, smart, accomplished, anti-Woke, and an American who loves his country.
You're not interested in his ideas. You're looking at the "R" after his name and maybe because he is a person of color on the wrong side of the fence.
I am looking at the lame "basement" attack that is SO old it was already out of date before the 2020 election. That one, and Senile Joe, is all you folks have. AGAIN, just as a reminder, that basement dweller and that senile old guy beat your guys walking away. Of course, now you are going to hang your hat on the new rising star. Meanwhile, I will stick with what I said, Trump will eat this new guy for breakfast.

Maybe you prefer a slacker.
Or a VP who got to the second most powerful political position in the world because of gender, ethnic origin, the color of her skin, and her Progressive bona fides.
Yeesh, here we go with more originality from those who lack an original line of attack. I could just as easily say you don't like her because of her gender, ethnic origin and color of her skin. TRY SOMETHING NEW. You are sounding like a walking encyclopedia of tired worn out all arguments.

HowtoSaveConservativeParty.jpg

By Vivek Ramaswamy

He sounds like a full blown kook.

Back
Top Bottom