• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Germay, watch your back.

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Especially from Boris Johnson. There's been a constant in UK politics vis a vis the continent: that of a spoiler. Historically the UK has always aligned itself against the dominance in Europe of any one power or combination of powers. Nothing personal. That power could be France, one moment. Germany, the next. Or the EU today. Germany and the EU should watch out that Brexit UK does not avail itself of the Ukrainian problem to take down two projects with one stone. Maybe three projects. The Ukrainian adventure could cripple Russia, that is one project down. It could also burden the EU tremendously with all kinds of inflation and increased costs, creating stresses and strains in the union, making it less workable, take down second project.

Germany is looking to be the patsy. Everyone is calling for sanctions. What I dont see discussed is how the costs of sanctions gets shared equally around. Germany is getting set up. Being the most reliant on Russian gas, the kind of sanctions the mischievous Brits are calling for is bound to hit Germany hard. I see Italy, Greece, Spain, the three Baltic midgets all shrilly calling for sanctions.

But is Germany not also gonna be called down the road to bail out EU countries that crumble under the increased costs?

I think Germans should get smart.

How many rubles?

All the rubles.

Are you trying to tell us that geopolitics is complex? It's pretty simple if you don't think about it: Russia bad.

Back
Top Bottom