• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Germany suspends decision on Nord Stream 2 again

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Nord Stream 2: Germany halts approval of Russian gas link

One of the reasons approval was suspended is probably because government negotiations are still ongoing in Germany, and it's thus unsure whether Nordstream 2 will be kosher or not. The Greens certainly were against it during the campaign, and they are part of the negotiations. Of course another hurdle is EU's gas directive that states the company that owns the pipe has to be separate from the company that delivers the gas, which Gazprom doesn't fulfil with them both owning Nord Stream and being the ones supplying the gas (which, yes, I know can be interpreted differently with the German part of the pipe being owned by a Swiss company).

Germany needs to be cautious who they cozy up to for energy.

One of the reasons approval was suspended is probably because government negotiations are still ongoing in Germany, and it's thus unsure whether Nordstream 2 will be kosher or not. The Greens certainly were against it during the campaign, and they are part of the negotiations. Of course another hurdle is EU's gas directive that states the company that owns the pipe has to be separate from the company that delivers the gas, which Gazprom doesn't fulfil with them both owning Nord Stream and being the ones supplying the gas (which, yes, I know can be interpreted differently with the German part of the pipe being owned by a Swiss company).

My suspicion is that whoever is Bundesgazregulator took the wise decision of punting that hot potato to incoming Scholz and Lady Green Baerbock. It would have been nice for the new Bundeskanzler and Green Baerbock to say: our hands are tied, it was a done deal; you know, kinda like from Joe Biden's book. Now the new coalition- hoping to have Scholz sworn in by December- will be caught between the spike in gas prices and the increasingly unsurmountable opposition to Nord Stream 2

While a new German government being formed is a factor in the suspension on Tuesday of NS2 certification the most immediate factor is that each side has hit a brick wall. (Another Russo-German Wall again.)

The German energy regulator has been informing Gazprom/NS2 they must do this but the Russians say that while they won't do "this" exactly, they will do 'that' instead -- and that "that' will have to do. This and that however don't square with German law or with EU laws so the German regulator the Bundesnetzagentur suspended temporarily the certification process. Analysts are noting however that 'temporarily' may go on indefinitely.

BNetzA for short, the German energy regulator says German law and EU law require the Swiss incorporated NS2 project to incorporate in Germany where the pipeline makes landfall and gets distributed throughout western Europe by overland pipes. This means NS2 must relocate its "main assets and human resources" to Germany, from Switzerland. Yet Putin and the Gazprom Kremlin Mafia have absolutely zero intention of being subjected to EU laws or to German laws for that matter. Gazprom/NS2 says they'll establish a subsidiary in Germany but not incorporate the NS 2 main assets and human resources into Germany.

Hence the announcement Tuesday by the BNetzA energy regulators in Germany that "the certification procedure will remain suspended until [NS2] main assets and human resources have been transferred to the subsidiary and the Bundesnetzagentur is able to check whether the documentation resubmitted by the subsidiary, as the new applicant, is complete." Which also means Gazprom/NS2 will start the certification process at the BNetzA front door again.

Forming a limited liability company in Germany is said to take 8 weeks on average but that for this one it's expected to go a few weeks deeper into 2022. The German regulator has 4 weeks to determine whether the NS2 "main assets and human resources" have been transferred to Germany from Switzerland, which we can bet won't be the case as Putin and the Kremlin Mafia are loathe to subject themselves to EU laws, in respect of operations in particular. People are saying the fit will hit the shan around March yet it looks like Putin has moved up the timetable with shat going on now at the borders of Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, the Baltic states and possibly Scandinavia.

While a new German government being formed is a factor in the suspension on Tuesday of NS2 certification the most immediate factor is that each side has hit a brick wall. (Another Russo-German Wall again.)

The German energy regulator has been informing Gazprom/NS2 they must do this but the Russians say that while they won't do "this" exactly, they will do 'that' instead -- and that "that' will have to do. This and that however don't square with German law or with EU laws so the German regulator the Bundesnetzagentur suspended temporarily the certification process. Analysts are noting however that 'temporarily' may go on indefinitely.

BNetzA for short, the German energy regulator says German law and EU law require the Swiss incorporated NS2 project to incorporate in Germany where the pipeline makes landfall and gets distributed throughout western Europe by overland pipes. This means NS2 must relocate its "main assets and human resources" to Germany, from Switzerland. Yet Putin and the Gazprom Kremlin Mafia have absolutely zero intention of being subjected to EU laws or to German laws for that matter. Gazprom/NS2 says they'll establish a subsidiary in Germany but not incorporate the NS 2 main assets and human resources into Germany.

Hence the announcement Tuesday by the BNetzA energy regulators in Germany that "the certification procedure will remain suspended until [NS2] main assets and human resources have been transferred to the subsidiary and the Bundesnetzagentur is able to check whether the documentation resubmitted by the subsidiary, as the new applicant, is complete." Which also means Gazprom/NS2 will start the certification process at the BNetzA front door again.

Forming a limited liability company in Germany is said to take 8 weeks on average but that for this one it's expected to go a few weeks deeper into 2022. The German regulator has 4 weeks to determine whether the NS2 "main assets and human resources" have been transferred to Germany from Switzerland, which we can bet won't be the case as Putin and the Kremlin Mafia are loathe to subject themselves to EU laws, in respect of operations in particular. People are saying the fit will hit the shan around March yet it looks like Putin has moved up the timetable with shat going on now at the borders of Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, the Baltic states and possibly Scandinavia.

I have to go with indefinitely. Nord Stream 2 is no more some business deal. It is now a part of the increasing tension. As a matter of fact, Nord Stream 2 has become an extremely hot potato. The Bundesdazregulator was wise to punt that ball. Now Herr Scholz and the Green Fraulein have to fend off Poles, Ukrainians, the three Baltic midgets howling for Putin's hide on one hand and domestic angst at spiking gas prices on the other. When Joe German groans that there is no gas, I can see the Green Fraulein doing her best Marie Antoinette impersonation: why don't they use green energy.

I have to go with indefinitely. Nord Stream 2 is no more some business deal. It is now a part of the increasing tension. As a matter of fact, Nord Stream 2 has become an extremely hot potato. The Bundesdazregulator was wise to punt that ball. Now Herr Scholz and the Green Fraulein have
the Pipeline Cold War - should have seen it coming
to fend off Poles, Ukrainians, the three Baltic midgets howling for Putin's hide on one hand and domestic angst at spiking gas prices on the other. When Joe German groans that there is no gas, I can see the Green Fraulein doing her best Marie Antoinette impersonation: why don't they use green energy.
Germany should tell them all to buzz off -Germany needs the gas and has no choice . Renewables failed to provide -end of discussion
( but they will angst about it)

Tombstone Territory, Germany

Dscf034382_OPAL_Gasleitung_Juchh%C3%B6_Wei%C3%9Fenborn.jpg

The OPAL (Ostsee-Pipeline-Anbindungsleitung) is a natural gas pipeline in Germany alongside the German eastern border. The OPAL pipeline is one of two pipelines connecting the Nord Stream 2 pipeline to the existing pipeline grid in Middle and Western Europe, the other one being the NEL pipeline. In rulings upheld by the EU courts, the EU Commission anti monopoly Gas Directive of 2019 limits Gazprom/NS2 to 50% capacity use of each pipeline. Gazprom/NS2 must auction the other 50% capacity use to an entirely unrelated and independent gas transit operator.

The Bundesgazregulator handed the incoming Bundeskanzler a poisoned chalice. Herr Scholz appears to have been a gas man himself, maybe without appearing to be so. I can see Herr Scholz, in negotiations with the Greens, pulling a Biden on the Green Fraulein: Nord Stream 2 is too far gone to be stopped. And I can see the Green Fraulein amenable to that sleight of hand, after all Nord Stream 2's spigot is right there, ready to gush out gas; it is not like that genie can be put back into Kremlin's pocket. To claim it was a done deal probably was best way out for this rather unstable coalition. Only for this mischievous Bundesgazregulztor to pull a prank. And now the potato is squarely in Herr Scholz' laps.

I have to go with indefinitely. Nord Stream 2 is no more some business deal. It is now a part of the increasing tension. As a matter of fact, Nord Stream 2 has become an extremely hot potato. The Bundesdazregulator was wise to punt that ball. Now Herr Scholz and the Green Fraulein have to fend off Poles, Ukrainians, the three Baltic midgets howling for Putin's hide on one hand and domestic angst at spiking gas prices on the other. When Joe German groans that there is no gas, I can see the Green Fraulein doing her best Marie Antoinette impersonation: why don't they use green energy.
Suddenly since the German energy regulator suspended certification of NS 2 AG Putin has increased the flow of gas into Germany but Germany only. Putin however shut off completely the flow of gas to eastern and central Europe via overland pipelines in Poland. Since the summer Putin has reduced Gazprom's underground European reserves to the teens percentages.

Europe would have all the gas it needed if Putin were meeting demand which he is not.

Putin could easily meet the European demand by utilizing the existing overland pipelines in Ukraine yet he does no such thing. It's called attempted blackmail and it's Putin and his Gazprom Mafia friends in the Kremlin who are the perps.

the Pipeline Cold War - should have seen it coming

Germany should tell them all to buzz off -Germany needs the gas and has no choice . Renewables failed to provide -end of discussion
( but they will angst about it)

One senses a certain absence of strategic planning. The pace of transition appears to have been too fast; the heavy carbon emitters were ditched faster than the promised green renewables have come online. Leaving a yawning gap that appears to be impossible to fill without Russian gas.

But it is not like doing business with Russians is new to Germans. Merkel was won't to point out that they did business with the much more unpleasant Soviets. One would think the Germans will simply tell the new central European entrants to EU, with their old bones to grind with Russians, to buzz off.

Funny thing is Putin doesn't have to do a thing. Heads or tails he wins. The high prices means he can ride it out for a while. He is still fine with rapid Certication, since he gets to outflank Ukraine.

It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Suddenly since the German energy regulator suspended certification of NS 2 AG Putin has increased the flow of gas into Germany but Germany only. Putin however shut off completely the flow of gas to eastern and central Europe via overland pipelines in Poland. Since the summer Putin has reduced Gazprom's underground European reserves to the teens percentages.

Europe would have all the gas it needed if Putin were meeting demand which he is not.

Putin could easily meet the European demand by utilizing the existing overland pipelines in Ukraine yet he does no such thing. It's called attempted blackmail and it's Putin and his Gazprom Mafia friends in the Kremlin who are the perps.

Putin is just being Putin. If Putin acted as you suggest, then he won't be Putin. In the final analysis it is really boiling down to a battle for Ukraine. It probably was always so for Putin. My suspicion is that Nord Stream 2 is gonna take second place to developments on the Ukraine/Russian border. Nord Stream 2 will end up a part of the bigger negotiations.

I don't think I understand this gas pipeline business at all. The increase in Russian gas supplies is to Germany only? I thought people bid for gas and get their share in a kind of first bought first served at the pipeline spigot? That may be how the EU wants to run things, which may not suit Putin. Now I begin to see a bit of the squabbles. If Putin ships directly to each purchaser, he can put the squeeze selectively on purchasers who displease him.

I see no way out for the EU. The EU is too weak at the "Federal" level. Only a stronger Federal Constitution for EU can solve problems like this. With a single strong Federal Government then Putin gets to negotiate only with one party.

The Bundesgazregulator handed the incoming Bundeskanzler a poisoned chalice. Herr Scholz appears to have been a gas man himself, maybe without appearing to be so. I can see Herr Scholz, in negotiations with the Greens, pulling a Biden on the Green Fraulein: Nord Stream 2 is too far gone to be stopped. And I can see the Green Fraulein amenable to that sleight of hand, after all Nord Stream 2's spigot is right there, ready to gush out gas; it is not like that genie can be put back into Kremlin's pocket. To claim it was a done deal probably was best way out for this rather unstable coalition. Only for this mischievous Bundesgazregulztor to pull a prank. And now the potato is squarely in Herr Scholz' laps.
Methinks the well positioned and knowledgeable Greens candidate for chancellor Annalena Baerbock saw this suspension coming....by the German energy regulators....

20 Oct 2021

Nord Stream 2 must be in line with European regulation to receive permit – Baerbock

German Green party co-leader Annalena Baerbock has said that the controversial Russian-German natural gas pipeline Nord Stream 2 should only be granted its operating permit if it adheres to European energy law. “The operator of Nord Stream 2 must be different from the one who is supplying the gas," she said in an interview with Funke-Mediengruppe. "As long as it is one and the same company, the operating permit must not be granted.”

The politician said Russia is playing a “poker game” with gas supplies and resulting prices in an effort to speed up the commissioning process of the pipeline, and added that Europe should not “let itself be blackmailed”. “The problem is that Russia is delivering gas to Europe according to contract, but the gas storage facilities are comparatively empty. This was probably deliberately brought about by Russia in order to force Nord Stream 2 into operation quickly - even if not all legal requirements have been met yet.” Becoming less dependent on fossil energy imports is one of the reasons Germany has to ramp up renewable energy production, she said.

It's occurred exactly as Baerbock said.

And the opposite of what you're posting consistently as you make it up against Baerbock as you go along. Fantasizing wrongly that Baerbock is getting trapped rather than the reality that Baerbock is out ahead of Putin and the Kremlin Gazprom/NS 2 AG Mafia.

Putin is just being Putin. If Putin acted as you suggest, then he won't be Putin. In the final analysis it is really boiling down to a battle for Ukraine. It probably was always so for Putin. My suspicion is that Nord Stream 2 is gonna take second place to developments on the Ukraine/Russian border. Nord Stream 2 will end up a part of the bigger negotiations.

I don't think I understand this gas pipeline business at all. The increase in Russian gas supplies is to Germany only? I thought people bid for gas and get their share in a kind of first bought first served at the pipeline spigot? That may be how the EU wants to run things, which may not suit Putin. Now I begin to see a bit of the squabbles. If Putin ships directly to each purchaser, he can put the squeeze selectively on purchasers who displease him.

I see no way out for the EU. The EU is too weak at the "Federal" level. Only a stronger Federal Constitution for EU can solve problems like this. With a single strong Federal Government then Putin gets to negotiate only with one party.
That's the whole idea, ie, not having a Putin to be Putin. Hell through all of the 20th century Russia which collapsed twice had one reasonably benevolent leader, Yeltsin, while all the rest were varying degrees of dictator lunatics. So it's amazing what you Russia Fanboyz accept in Russian leaders simply because over a thousand plus years it's what you've come to expect as the norm. Poison your political opponents; lock 'em away; have 'em shot outside the Kremlin and so on.

Again, the EU isn't going to readjust itself radically and fundamentally back to the dark ages for any reason, much less to suit the Putin deranged mindset and nefarious means. Most remarkable is that one would need to search high and low throughout Europe-Eurasia to find a people who connect with the Russians more than the Germans do. In Poland the Russo-German Geostrategic Axis of Energy is called the contemporary Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Nearly any reasonably informed and historically versed European recognizes the Russia kissup Bismarck in the whole of this Russo-German abomination that is dead set against the EU & NATO.

That's the whole idea, ie, not having a Putin to be Putin. Hell through all of the 20th century Russia which collapsed twice had one reasonably benevolent leader, Yeltsin, while all the rest were varying degrees of dictator lunatics. So it's amazing what you Russia Fanboyz accept in Russian leaders simply because over a thousand plus years it's what you've come to expect as the norm. Poison your political opponents; lock 'em away; have 'em shot outside the Kremlin and so on.
who made you boss of Russia? Thats for Russia to decide, not the west.
As to Yeltsin and meddling elections -you do understand we greatly meddling in THAT election?

eedVSqA.jpg

1101960715_400.jpg

Nope, just German buero. The company which asked for certification is not correctly organized according to German laws. Its a legal matter.
Nothing more. Once the company is properly organized, the pipeline will get certified by the German authorities and that again is nothing but a legal matter.
What politics will do with it has nothing to do with the process.
Germany ain't the US, it is a land of the law.

Sorry guys you are humping the wrong goat.

Nope, just German buero. The company which asked for certification is not correctly organized according to German laws. Its a legal matter.
Nothing more. Once the company is properly organized, the pipeline will get certified by the German authorities and that again is nothing but a legal matter.
What politics will do with it has nothing to do with the process.
Germany ain't the US, it is a land of the law.

Sorry guys you are humping the wrong goat.
Germany is the host energy agent of the lawless Kremlin Mafia against EU & NATO.

The German energy regulator suspended consideration of NS2 certification for a hardnosed and a fully justified legal reason. Which is that while the regulator requires the NS 2 AG pipeline operator that is registered and incorporated in Switzerland to reassign its major resources and personnel to Germany where -- horrors of horrors -- it must comply with German law instead of the much more accommodating Swiss laws and legal systems, NS 2 AG says it won't do that. Hence the radical step of suspension.

Moreover Gazprom and its Baltic pipeline operator NS 2 AG have done nothing to comply with the EU Commission Third Energy Package laws (of 2012) that in this immediate instance require the owner Gazprom and the pipeline operator (NS 2 AG) be companies that are separate and totally disconnected and independent of one another. The outlaw Putin is instead trying to ignore this anti monopoly law completely as he pursues his blackmail against EU & NATO.

In other words the lawless Putin is already campaigning to blackmail EU & NATO nations to approve his pet project pipeline immediately and unconditionally. Indeed, it is in response to criticisms of German political leaders to include by EU high courts rulings that the regulator has included in the certification process and procedure the energy regulators of Poland and now Ukraine.

who made you boss of Russia? Thats for Russia to decide, not the west.
As to Yeltsin and meddling elections -you do understand we greatly meddling in THAT election?
Now it's Polonium Putin in charge.

There's no question Putin punches above his weight internationally.

GW Bush said he looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul of all thingys. Obama said wait till next time and he'd show Putin a thingy or two. Trump said in Helsinki to believe Putin over US Intelligence services, FBI in particular. Biden says he wants a stable and predictable Russia which is what Putin the hero of the Global Fascist Right has been since his return to the Russian presidency in 2012.

You're missing the obvious, ie, on balance we over here are the good guys and Them over there are the Bad Guyz. That this side has a lot of pathetic leaders doesn't change the fact.

Now it's Polonium Putin in charge.

There's no question Putin punches above his weight internationally.

GW Bush said he looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul of all thingys. Obama said wait till next time and he'd show Putin a thingy or two. Trump said in Helsinki to believe Putin over US Intelligence services, FBI in particular. Biden says he wants a stable and predictable Russia which is what Putin the hero of the Global Fascist Right has been since his return to the Russian presidency in 2012.

You're missing the obvious, ie, on balance we over here are the good guys and Them over there are the Bad Guyz. That this side has a lot of pathetic leaders doesn't change the fact.
I dont believe a damn word from US intelligence agencies. They brought us the Russian hoax ("FBI in particular") and a stupid war in Iraq
based on the Steele dossier of dezinformatsia and conned Powell into the WMD testimony

Biden has no idea what he wants - he still thinks China is a "competitor" ( they are an existential threat/adversary - not "competitor")
And Russia the #1 threat"- which is also untrue. China is the world's hegemon -not Russia

I dont believe a damn word from US intelligence agencies. They brought us the Russian hoax ("FBI in particular") and a stupid war in Iraq
based on the Steele dossier of dezinformatsia and conned Powell into the WMD testimony

Biden has no idea what he wants - he still thinks China is a "competitor" ( they are an existential threat/adversary - not "competitor")
And Russia the #1 threat"- which is also untrue. China is the world's hegemon -not Russia

Neither does Trump believe US intelligence agencies. Trump too believes the MSM are the "enemies of the people." The dossier, Flynn, Roger Stone, Giuliani, Bannon et al are chapter and verse to the armband right while the FBI are a worse enemy than Russia and China combined.

Powell was a political sap who rarely traveled abroad for concern and fear of what would happen at DepState while he'd be out of the country. Generals have fared poorly in government civilian roles whether retired or active as virtually all of 'em left with egg on their face, all from Republican administrations going back to Hague in the Nixon WH with the Kaiser Kissinger too.

What you guys omit or don't know is that Biden has left in place almost all of Trump's so called trade tariffs and restrictions. Biden has continued the Trump war on China's technology companies by restricting or eliminating their access to US markets while continuing to sway allies to do the same -- Germany is the only major economy in Europe that continues with Chinese 5G. Biden is soft if anything on the anti EU/NATO Russo-German Axis of energy, bucks, politics; blackmail. Indeed, Sec. Blinken at State has set up a "China House" of 40 experts to focus on and foil virtually every significant aspect of Beijing's campaign to displace the USA as the globally dominant power and factor.

One thing we can always count on throughout is for the PutinTrumpRowers to focus on China while giving a free ride to Russia. Ya'll have been doing it 24/7/365 since Trump descended the escalator at Faulty Tower in mid 2015. It's in your blood so to speak.

Last edited:
Neither does Trump believe US intelligence agencies. Trump too believes the MSM are the "enemies of the people." The dossier, Flynn, Roger Stone, Giuliani, Bannon et al are chapter and verse to the armband right while the FBI are a worse enemy than Russia and China combined.

Powell was a political sap who rarely traveled abroad for concern and fear of what would happen at DepState while he'd be out of the country. Generals have fared poorly in government civilian roles whether retired or active as virtually all of 'em left with egg on their face, all from Republican administrations going back to Hague in the Nixon WH with the Kaiser Kissinger too.

What you guys omit or don't know is that Biden has left in place almost all of Trump's so called trade tariffs and restrictions. Biden has continued the Trump war on China's technology companies by restricting or eliminating their access to US markets while continuing to sway allies to do the same -- Germany is the only major economy in Europe that continues with Chinese 5G. Biden is soft if anything on the anti EU/NATO Russo-German Axis of energy, bucks, politics; blackmail. Indeed, Sec. Blinken at State has set up a "China House" of 40 experts to focus on and foil virtually every significant aspect of Beijing's campaign to displace the USA as the globally dominant power and factor.

One thing we can always count on throughout is for the PutinTrumpRowers to focus on China while giving a free ride to Russia. Ya'll have been doing it 24/7/365 since Trump descended the escalator at Faulty Tower in mid 2015. It's in your blood so to speak.
I'm quite aware Katherine Tai wants to continue the Trump Phase 1 deal with China. at least on paper and the tariffs are on still.
She mentioned something about "expanding it" with Europe, but Europe had a deal with China and then it never was ratified by the EU -
so I dont know where things stand as Biden never mentions trade except for his screw up supply chain SNAFU

She did say she was going to hold China accountable for agri purchases .Thats all I know

"Russia is a glorified gas station" with with exception of it's military. Putin wanted to improve relations with Trump and Trump with Putin but the fake Russian hoax perpetrated by these same INTEL agencies de-railed that chance as we slip deeper and deeper into Cold War 2.0

I'm quite aware Katherine Tai wants to continue the Trump Phase 1 deal with China. at least on paper and the tariffs are on still.
She mentioned something about "expanding it" with Europe, but Europe had a deal with China and then it never was ratified by the EU -
so I dont know where things stand as Biden never mentions trade except for his screw up supply chain SNAFU

She did say she was going to hold China accountable for agri purchases .Thats all I know

"Russia is a glorified gas station" with with exception of it's military. Putin wanted to improve relations with Trump and Trump with Putin but the fake Russian hoax perpetrated by these same INTEL agencies de-railed that chance as we slip deeper and deeper into Cold War 2.0
Putin owns Trump and You Rowers love it because Putin is Your Guy while Trump is only your vehicle to Putin Your Lord and Master.

Putin and Putin's Russia are your model for the USA.

The Rowers wet dream come true.

Forget it. The US armed forces will never salute Putin as their actual leader. While the armed forces will never act to destroy democracy they will act to restore a democracy lost.

Putin owns Trump and You Rowers love it because Putin is Your Guy while Trump is only your vehicle to Putin Your Lord and Master.

Putin and Putin's Russia are your model for the USA.

The Rowers wet dream come true.

Forget it. The US armed forces will never salute Putin as their actual leader. While the armed forces will never act to destroy democracy they will act to restore a democracy lost.
this is nonsensical/argumentative

this is nonsensical/argumentative
De Nile isn't only a river in Egypt.

It connects directly to the Moskva River.

Together they flow into the Potomac.

As the PutinTrumpRowers row.

Singing the Volga Boat Song the whole of the journey.

Indeed, you can fool some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all the time. And You Rowers fool only yourselves. Because this was always going to end with the armed forces kicking you out militias first to restore our democracy.

Methinks the well positioned and knowledgeable Greens candidate for chancellor Annalena Baerbock saw this suspension coming....by the German energy regulators....

20 Oct 2021

Nord Stream 2 must be in line with European regulation to receive permit – Baerbock

German Green party co-leader Annalena Baerbock has said that the controversial Russian-German natural gas pipeline Nord Stream 2 should only be granted its operating permit if it adheres to European energy law. “The operator of Nord Stream 2 must be different from the one who is supplying the gas," she said in an interview with Funke-Mediengruppe. "As long as it is one and the same company, the operating permit must not be granted.”

The politician said Russia is playing a “poker game” with gas supplies and resulting prices in an effort to speed up the commissioning process of the pipeline, and added that Europe should not “let itself be blackmailed”. “The problem is that Russia is delivering gas to Europe according to contract, but the gas storage facilities are comparatively empty. This was probably deliberately brought about by Russia in order to force Nord Stream 2 into operation quickly - even if not all legal requirements have been met yet.” Becoming less dependent on fossil energy imports is one of the reasons Germany has to ramp up renewable energy production, she said.

It's occurred exactly as Baerbock said.

And the opposite of what you're posting consistently as you make it up against Baerbock as you go along. Fantasizing wrongly that Baerbock is getting trapped rather than the reality that Baerbock is out ahead of Putin and the Kremlin Gazprom/NS 2 AG Mafia.

It's Fraulein Baerbock's turn as piñata. The Green Fraulein is no more in on the opposition bench, where she gets to whip the piñata at no cost. Now the Green Fraulein gets to tangle with the dictator.

BTW you are a spectator not a player. Sometimes you the finality in your expressions begs the question of whether you are the European Union's Vladimir Putin.

Back
Top Bottom