• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Germany introduces law that allows banning chinese and american companies from participating in 5G network

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Its actually a smart move, USA pushed hard that Germany should ban Huawai, a move that Germany did not want to go.

The new law is far more specific, it doesnt target Huawei directly. It states that evry company must be trustworthy to participate in such projects.

Huawei is not trustworthy and thus will not get the contracts. Ironicly the law allows to also ban american CISCO company, since CISCO is for USA what Huawei is for China and thus not trustworthy either.

In my opinion thats the best solution, because it doesnt target one company but allows to look into the entire market and follows the new agenda we have in Europe, to push american companies out of business here.

And before some morons say thats Germany alone, no, the most vocal supporter of this "american push out" is actually France.

What I want to see is evidence.. evidence that Huawei is not trustworthy or CISCO. Lots of words and politics, but very little evidence.... and that worries me. It is a modern version of protectionism basically.. accuse a company of something and base that on a ban.

What I want to see is evidence.. evidence that Huawei is not trustworthy or CISCO. Lots of words and politics, but very little evidence.... and that worries me. It is a modern version of protectionism basically.. accuse a company of something and base that on a ban.

China per law demands that all companies must share all information with the regime.

USA does same through NSA. Ever heared about Snowden?

Its actually a smart move, USA pushed hard that Germany should ban Huawai, a move that Germany did not want to go.

The new law is far more specific, it doesnt target Huawei directly. It states that evry company must be trustworthy to participate in such projects.

Huawei is not trustworthy and thus will not get the contracts. Ironicly the law allows to also ban american CISCO company, since CISCO is for USA what Huawei is for China and thus not trustworthy either.

In my opinion thats the best solution, because it doesnt target one company but allows to look into the entire market and follows the new agenda we have in Europe, to push american companies out of business here.

And before some morons say thats Germany alone, no, the most vocal supporter of this "american push out" is actually France.
Umm CISCO is in no way the same as Huawei.
not sure where you are getting your information from.

CISCO is one of the top tier networking manufacture's out there.

China per law demands that all companies must share all information with the regime.

USA does same through NSA. Ever heared about Snowden?

Well then why are we not going after every single Chinese company then? And I have not seen said law, but yes have heard about it from people with suspect motives.

And yes US companies own the US government so .. but still why Huawei and not Xiaomi? There are many huge companies owned by Chinese, and what about all the companies that work in China.. they have to follow the same law no? So Samsung, Apple, Intel.. you name it.

The winners will be Nokia and Ericsson.

Umm CISCO is in no way the same as Huawei.
not sure where you are getting your information from.

CISCO is one of the top tier networking manufacture's out there.

And under controle of the NSA.

We have european corporations who have top level tec. Nokia, Siemens. No need to use technology from hostile regimes.

And under controle of the NSA.

We have european corporations who have top level tec. Nokia, Siemens. No need to use technology from hostile regimes.
Umm no nsa is not under control of the nsa.

Umm no nsa is not under control of the nsa.

Of course CISCO is under control of the NSA, USA has similar laws as China. Using american tec is a similar risk for our data as using chinese technology.

Give me a reason why we should use technology of a hostile country? And USA definitly is a hostile country.

Also you have the motto america first, but now critisize us for us saying Europe first? German infrastructure deals should go to german business.

Of course CISCO is under control of the NSA, USA has similar laws as China. Using american tec is a similar risk for our data as using chinese technology.

Give me a reason why we should use technology of a hostile country? And USA definitly is a hostile country.

Also you have the motto america first, but now critisize us for us saying Europe first? German infrastructure deals should go to german business.
you have no clue what you are talking about.
the nsa a few years ago was busted for illegally tapping meta data that had nothing to do with cicso.

actually the US isn't hostile at all. we simply want europe to step up to the plate and live up to the obligations they agreed to. we want them to deal fairly with US trade.

the nsa a few years ago was busted for illegally tapping meta data that had nothing to do with cicso.

actually the US isn't hostile at all. we simply want europe to step up to the plate and live up to the obligations they agreed to. we want them to deal fairly with US trade.

By trying to force us to buy your LNG? Your country acts increasingly erratic and hostile and we see that as security risk. We also see how trump acts towards China. Bans chip producers for example to delover to China.

What makes you think he would not do the same with us? We dont want depend on US technology on critical infrastructure

It was your president who called Germany a foe (after a 75 alliance).

And as it looks now they prepare something far bigger. Germany introduces a new law which will be issued EU wide to push american tech companies back and most likely will also block the NVidia - ARM take over.

I dont see your problem. You think America first is ok, but when we mirror that its bad?

Umm yes all countries should be somewhat hostile towards china. They are one of the most corrupt governments in the world.
They are rivaling the old USSR days.

China steals peoples information, their products send your personal data and info back to the chinese government.
Their applications allow the chinese government to access your phone illegally and get data off of it and it sends data
to them without your permission.

Good luck is all is all i can tell you, but you need more facts less rhetoric when you are attempting to argue.

So far nothing you have said has been remotely accurate.
Sorry you don't feel that Germany should pull it's own weight when it comes to NATO etc ... we do.
Sorry you don't feel that Germany should have to trade fairly with the US we do.

Umm yes all countries should be somewhat hostile towards china. They are one of the most corrupt governments in the world.
They are rivaling the old USSR days.

China steals peoples information, their products send your personal data and info back to the chinese government.
Their applications allow the chinese government to access your phone illegally and get data off of it and it sends data
to them without your permission.

Good luck is all is all i can tell you, but you need more facts less rhetoric when you are attempting to argue.

So far nothing you have said has been remotely accurate.
Sorry you don't feel that Germany should pull it's own weight when it comes to NATO etc ... we do.
Sorry you don't feel that Germany should have to trade fairly with the US we do.

All the points you say does the USA as well. USA steals peoples informations? Steal scientific and technological data ect.

Whats your problem regarding the fact, that Germany wants no hostile power in critical infrastructure?

Germany pulls its own weight regarding NATO. We fullfill evry obligation.

What exactly do we trade unfairly with?

And what has trade and NATO to do with the logical decission to not use chinese and american tec in critical infrstructure?

A few years back your airforce wanted a new tanker plane. The contract was won by our Airbus. Airbus offered the betetr aircraft for the job. You then changed contract and chose Boeing instead, because its american.

Tell me, do you use german tech in your critical infrstructure?

They do. All the US has to do is meet our food standards.

They do. All the US has to do is meet our food standards.
There is a reason you can't buy some European cars in America they don't meet our car standards not really what i was referring to.

There is a reason you can't buy some European cars in America they don't meet our car standards not really what i was referring to.

And your agricultural products dont meet our food standards. We ban GMO and we dont wash our food in chlorine.

Also some american cars are banend here too, because tehy dont meet our standards.

Thats not unfair trade, thats simply souvereighnity.

what because they are not oversized gas guzzling cars like American cars .... America is so trust worthy future EU defence projects are for EU companies only ... fat boy trump and his MIC were spitting with rage the truth is thanks to Snowden we now know the USA uploaded malware to our power grids stole intellectual property from EU companies and stole data to help US companies win/steal contracts from EU companies and you have the barefaced cheek to claim you are our allies .... you are guilty of what you accuse the Chinese of .... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Last edited:
what because they are not oversized gas guzzling cars like American cars .... America is so trust worthy future EU defence projects are for EU companies only ... fat boy trump and his MIC were spitting with rage the truth is thanks to Snowden we now know the USA uploaded malware to our power grids stole intellectual property from EU companies and stole data to help US companies win/steal contracts from EU companies and you have the barefaced cheek to claim you are our allies .... you are guilty of what you accuse the Chinese of .... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Actually no they do not comply with the safety standards here in the US.

facts trump your faux outrage.

Trump had nothing to do with Snowden. That was Obama. again facts trump your faux outrage.

This is all I could find it on it.

Complex malware known as Regin is the suspected technology behind sophisticated cyberattacks conducted by U.S. and British intelligence agencies on the European Union and a Belgian telecommunications company, according to security industry sources and technical analysis conducted by The Intercept .

So if you read it was the US and Britain I do believe that is the country you are from?
So once again facts trump your faux outrage.

Trump had nothing to do with Snowden. That was Obama. again facts trump your faux outrage.

Complex malware known as Regin is the suspected technology behind sophisticated cyberattacks conducted by U.S. and British intelligence agencies on the European Union and a Belgian telecommunications company, according to security industry sources and technical analysis conducted by The Intercept .

So if you read it was the US and Britain I do believe that is the country you are from?

Dude again...

A government must take care that it is protected from enemy countries. Critical infrastructure should not be from enemy countries.

You understand now?

I am Scottish and not British and i know all about GCHQ's part in all of this

That certainly looks like a British flag your sporting under your name.

Doesn't the forum allocate Scottish ones?

I'm English and have zero problem with Scottish independence as it's for you to decide but I'm interested as to why you don't consider yourself British?

Being British doesn't have any negative connotations for the Scottish as far as I know any more than being American has negative connotations for people living in a particular state does so am I missing something obvious?

I'm English and have zero problem with Scottish independence as it's for you to decide but I'm interested as to why you don't consider yourself British?

Being British doesn't have any negative connotations for the Scottish as far as I know any more than being American has negative connotations for people living in a particular state does so am I missing something obvious?
i have never and never will consider myself to be British .... don't have issues with English or Welsh people ... but the N Irish people can be a bit to extreme for my liking ... i hate everything about the British state and the Establishment that's behind it

Back
Top Bottom