• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

German vaccines against COVID-19 almost ready /BionTech prepares distribution

Thanks for the laugh...and I can't believe there were no computers around in the stone age either!
So only companies stop pandemics? LOL. FYI the first smallpox vaccine was created in the 18th century, yet it took until the 1970s to eradicate it.

Thanks for the investment.

Good you finally understand its developed in Germany.

And will be distributed here first.
It is developed in the US and you are a subcontractor. I hope it is distributed there first. I would rather americans not be the lab rats.

So only companies stop pandemics? LOL. FYI the first smallpox vaccine was created in the 18th century, yet it took until the 1970s to eradicate it.
Huh?

You seem to understand very little about anything based in reality. Just because a vaccine was developed in 1796 does not mean that it was widely available. The modern world we live in has much greater advancements that would allow for more vaccines to reach more people than ever before in history.

Yup. Vaccines dont stop pandemics- that crap only happens in movies.

Vaccines don’t work

Small pox and polio viruses don’t count

If Trump is re-elected, we probably will give it emergency approval. If Biden wins, probably not unless Pfizer puts Hunter on its Board of Directors.
Trump will demand the company is sold to the US, take a under the table cut then find out it does not work claim success and it is never heard from again

Trump will demand the company is sold to the US, take a under the table cut then find out it does not work claim success and it is never heard from again

Pfizer is already a US company.

I like Bill Gates. I dont like morons like you

IQ-30?
Insulting of opponents in the case of lacking arguments?
Sincerely your avatar doesn't make me sure to belong to an intellectual.

Pox and polio were around for thousands of years before they were stopped- with your logic it will take you Germans 2000 years to stop this one.

LOLOL

Did it ever cross your little mind the thought that perhaps pox and polio were around for thousand of years because there were no vaccines for thousand of years?

Stop insulting or intelligence with stupid arguments.

The german health ministry currently wrote to the 16 german federal states to name 70 vaccination centers by mid november. This is necessary because the vaccine needs to be cooled down to -78°C and most
doctors cant do that in their centers. The vaccine is in its final steps of trial, its working and in the tests on 30.000 participants showed no bad side effects. Its based on a complete new technology based on mRNA.

German health minister Spahn ( who currently is in quarantine because he is infected himself) said, that distribution can start as early as late november for critical important people and wide spread distribution in Germany.

The vaccine was developed by german company BionTech in Mainz. BionTech got heavily funded and supported by the german Robert Koch Institute.

Spahn said, we are on the last meters of this nightmare.

The german vaccine will be the first to be ready with many hundred million doses.

BionTech will also distribute the vaccine to China (via Partnership with chinese company Fosun) and USA (through partnership with Pfizer)

I find this rather amusing, wehn you look how some here like @Dayton3 @Jack Hays @skeptic llc and @braindrain constantly insult Germany.

Im proud that its a german company that ends this hell. Not just the people who sufefr and die directly from this Virus but also all the other people who sufefr and die, because isolation, disrupted business

Not sure why you present this as a German-only vaccine .

From your link

BioNTech has partnered with the US pharmaceutical giant Pfizer to develop a vaccine for international markets outside China. They are conducting a late-stage global clinical trial with around 38,000 participants in over 120 centres.

I do not see why you assume that Pfizer did not play a major role in the development of the vaccine.

Last edited:
Huh?

You seem to understand very little about anything based in reality. Just because a vaccine was developed in 1796 does not mean that it was widely available. The modern world we live in has much greater advancements that would allow for more vaccines to reach more people than ever before in history.
So tell me, Dr. Fauci, which vaccine eradicated pandemics other than smallpox? Go on.

Vaccines don’t work

Small pox and polio viruses don’t count
Do Canucks read more than one post in a thread?

So tell me, Dr. Fauci, which vaccine eradicated pandemics other than smallpox? Go on.

I never once said this virus would be eradicated. At best, it will likely be like influenza where we must get vaccinated every year to help reduce the likelihood of contracting it.

I never once said this virus would be eradicated. At best, it will likely be like influenza where we must get vaccinated every year to help reduce the likelihood of contracting it.
Now youre backtracking. Thanks for proving me right.

Now youre backtracking. Thanks for proving me right.
Am I? Please do point out which of my posts has me saying this virus would be eradicated. I won't hold my breath.

Am I? Please do point out which of my posts has me saying this virus would be eradicated. I won't hold my breath.
You came into this thread in an attempt to discredit me and my points that vaccinations dont stop pandemics by pointing out smallpox. Its clear what you were trying to do so stop playing coy. I proved you wrong, so be a man and admit it.

You came into this thread in an attempt to discredit me and my points that vaccinations dont stop pandemics by pointing out smallpox. Its clear what you were trying to do so stop playing coy. I proved you wrong, so be a man and admit it.
No, I came in here to point out how ridiculous it is to compare vaccines in the past with modern day. Hence my comment about there being no computers in the stone age.

No, I came in here to point out how ridiculous it is to compare vaccines in the past with modern day. Hence my comment about there being no computers in the stone age.
Like I said, if science is so super to you nowadays, point me to another vaccine that wiped out another pandemic. Other than smallpox (which took an awfully long time to eradicate), we have failed in everything else.

Does it have to be 100% effective for the vaccine to be acceptable to you? Anything less than that makes it a failure?

If a vaccine is 80% effective and 70% of people take it, we could be at herd immunity, turning the pandemic into just a normal infectious disease

Back
Top Bottom