• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

German schoolgirl faces court for drawing rabbit on blackboard

spud_meister

Veni, vidi, dormivi!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
German schoolgirl faces court for drawing rabbit on blackboard | Courier Mail

A GERMAN teacher is suing a student for teasing her about an alleged phobia of rabbits and drawing one on her blackboard.

The teacher, named only as Marion V, fled in tears when she saw the chalk drawing at a school in the northern German town of Vechta, De Spiegel reported.

what kind of teacher is stupid enough to tell students about a phobia:confused:

but my favourite quote

"My daughter has had rabbit stress all year because of this."

WTF is rabbit stress:confused::lamo

Holy cow.

If you have an irrational fear of rabbits that is that bad, you might as well just lock the doors and never go outside.

I have arachnophobia, spiders freak me out. Friends of mine know about it and tease me about it at times. "Hey Goshin, c'mere and look at this spider!"

No, I don't sue them over it. Geeze.

G.

German schoolgirl faces court for drawing rabbit on blackboard | Courier Mail

what kind of teacher is stupid enough to tell students about a phobia:confused:

but my favourite quote

Wow...that's nicer than we were to some of our teachers. When I was in Jr. High, we were rude, out of control brats. Probably deserved a beating. We had a sub for our Advanced Algebra class once in Jr. High. We wouldn't stop talking, we were just being assholes. She tried her best to ignore us and teach the class right, but we weren't having any of that. We were throwing crap around when she turned around, things like that. Till one student took his orange and just hucked it straight at the chalkboard. Thing smacked the board right next to the teacher spraying orange juice everywhere. She ran out of the room crying. It was terrible, and why I would never EVER teach Jr. High. Kids are ****ing punks at that age.

I dont believe this story is true. With all the insulting crap people say here in Germany, people would be suing all the time, if they could sue for things like drawing rabbits. Maybe this teach is just a nutcase, and this will be thrown out of court.

Rabbit stress is rather like Obama stress, after some short time one goes gaga everytime the name is mentioned or the picture is shown.

Just because someone sues doesn't mean they will win.

Get back to us when they decide this case.

There might be more to this situation, than the news article is saying. Maybe the teacher was put under a lot of stress for a long period of time, and the school failed to address a chronic discipline situation. That would seem more like how it is in Germany. Schools usually remove kids, who create a lot of disruption and put them in a school which can give them more attention, and can enforce more discipline if needed.

Is rabbit stress anything like rabbittitus?

Holy cow.

If you have an irrational fear of rabbits that is that bad, you might as well just lock the doors and never go outside.

I have arachnophobia, spiders freak me out. Friends of mine know about it and tease me about it at times. "Hey Goshin, c'mere and look at this spider!"

No, I don't sue them over it. Geeze.

G.

So you shoot them, instead?:lol:

My brother-in-law is arachnophobia. He goes ape**** whenever he sees one.

So naturally, that means whenever I find one and he's nearby, I grab it and put it in my hand and say "Hey, check this out!" holding my hand out to him. It freaks him out even more that I'm holding it in my hand and chasing him with it.

Serves him right for bangin' my sister.

True story; When I was in the Marine Corps (29 palms, CA) we had a woman Marine (Lisa) who actually had a phobia of (get this) -- "buttons."

She shared this with us while having lunch one day in the mess hall. Of course we all took turns point out that our Cammie do not use zippers but instead have several buttons,.... she got so upset she started crying so we all backed off.

ROFL,... (I'm so cruel) when things finally settled back down,... I acted like I was trying to change the subject and I said "do you guys ever wake up and you got like lines all over your face arms or body?" Lisa said "Yeah,... sheet wrinkles."

I said,..."do you know what causes them?"

She looked at me kind of like "well yeah."

So, I said (with the straightest face I could manage) "at night,... when we are asleep,... your buttons pop off your clothes and crawl all over your body! And that leaves those lines all over you"

She's probably still in therapy today.

=P

Last edited:
LOL - Chuz Life being a Marine.
That's some seriously funny irony, there . . . .

But I digress.

The teacher should learn how to get over things that happen - children will do things like this and that's why they're CHILDREN (or teens) not adults . . . heck, apparently adults will do things like this, too.

That's no reason to NOT go to work, however. :shrug: That is just as immature as the whole bunny-on-board situation.

LOL - Chuz Life being a Marine.
That's some seriously funny irony, there . . . .

But I digress..

First to fight, willing to fight to the death for a worthy cause, willing to kill for a worthy cause and the defense of our nation and or our people?

Where's the irony?

Wow...that's nicer than we were to some of our teachers. When I was in Jr. High, we were rude, out of control brats. Probably deserved a beating. We had a sub for our Advanced Algebra class once in Jr. High. We wouldn't stop talking, we were just being assholes. She tried her best to ignore us and teach the class right, but we weren't having any of that. We were throwing crap around when she turned around, things like that. Till one student took his orange and just hucked it straight at the chalkboard. Thing smacked the board right next to the teacher spraying orange juice everywhere. She ran out of the room crying. It was terrible, and why I would never EVER teach Jr. High. Kids are ****ing punks at that age.

When our Latin teacher would turn around to write something on the board, a certain individual would throw thumb tacks at his back. When Magister would turn back around I that same individual would use her hand mirror to reflect sun into his eyes. Each time this naughty girl was asked to leave the classroom, she would slam the door hard enough to knock something down from the wall.

Drawing rabbits is for 4th graders. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom