• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Excerpted from “German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts” By MICHAEL SLACKMAN and NIKI KITSANTONIS, The New York Times, Published: November 2, 2010
[SIZE="+2"]A[/SIZE] package containing explosives shipped by air from Greece was found in the mail room at the German chancellor’s office on Tuesday, just a few hours after letter bombs exploded at the Swiss and Russian embassies in Athens and three more devices were found addressed to other embassies there. …

A new era of left-wing violent reaction to austerity and regressive policies may be on its way.

A new era of left-wing violent reaction to austerity and regressive policies may be on its way.
Wait wait wait, why is this suddenly "left wing"?

Wait wait wait, why is this suddenly "left wing"?

Because it's Left Wing Reistance to the Evil Right Wing Corporations, Racists, Homophobes, Sexists, Bigots and assholes.

It's ok when the Progressives are conducting terrorist acts to fight Regressive policies, ya see.

:rofl

Because it's Left Wing Reistance to the Evil Right Wing Corporations, Racists, Homophobes, Sexists, Bigots and assholes.

It's ok when the Progressives are conducting terrorist acts to fight Regressive policies, ya see.

:rofl

Since no one here said they support terrorism, I'm pretty sure you pulled that straight from your ass.

Since no one here said they support terrorism, I'm pretty sure you pulled that straight from your ass.

Actually, it's how I interpreted this comment:

Not a stretch, when you figure how it's worded.

Look at Hoplite's surprise at it suddenly being, "Left Wing violence". I only answered his question.

Look at Hoplite's surprise at it suddenly being, "Left Wing violence". I only answered his question.

Simply because Chappy says he thinks it may happen, doesn't mean he supports it happening. For example I think the Tea Party will do well in the election tonight, however I really don't support anything the TP stands for.

See I can separate reality, from what I want reality to be. I don't live in my own imagination and project it onto the world

You only due this out of assumptions of the poster's political lean in combination with the comment, that they support terrorist violence.
There is no issuance of support for terrorism. Or is this not a left wing episode?
Is it possible that the poster stated a rote fact?

...and you ran away with it?

I'm confused because I saw almost no reason from the article to call it "left wing" yet the OP somehow felt it was justified.

Simply because Chappy says he thinks it may happen, doesn't mean he supports it happening. For example I think the Tea Party will do well in the election tonight, however I really don't support anything the TP stands for.

See I can separate reality, from what I want reality to be. I don't live in my own imagination and project it onto the world

Think about this comment: "reaction to austerity and regressive policies may be on its way." Then, lookup the definition of austerity and regressive, then read it again.

I'm confused because I saw almost no reason from the article to call it "left wing" yet the OP somehow felt it was justified.

Because the OP sees nothing wrong with the motivation.

Think about this comment: "reaction to austerity and regressive policies may be on its way." Then, lookup the definition of austerity and regressive, then read it again.

So he's talking about austerity, a political neutral word in terms of meaning, and the word regressive is normally by those who call themselves progressive but it also has a non-political meaning. HOWEVER, it doesnt mean he supports terrorism even if he disagrees with the policy the terrorists are reacting to, assuming he disagrees with that policy.

So he's talking about austerity, a political neutral word in terms of meaning, and the word regressive is normally by those who call themselves progressive but it also has a non-political meaning. HOWEVER, it doesnt mean he supports terrorism even if he disagrees with the policy the terrorists are reacting to, assuming he disagrees with that policy.

Did you even bother to lookup the definition of austerity? :rofl

Because the OP sees nothing wrong with the motivation.
Except there's almost no indication in the article about the political leaning of the people responsible.

I know what it means, and it someone disgarees with it doesnt mean they support terrorism.

Well, there's not much difference in condemning terrorism and condoning the motive.

Except there's almost no indication in the article about the political leaning of the people responsible.

A lot of times, when you examine ideology terrorism, it's fairly easy to determine if it is coming from the left or the right.

A lot of times, when you examine ideology terrorism, it's fairly easy to determine if it is coming from the left or the right.
Ok, so where is this indication of the ideological motivation of this particular terrorist act?

Back
Top Bottom