• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

German Islamists increasingly going to Syria

From what the article said many of them were citizens. Should they be forbidden from returning from their home country?

We have the same in Canada but it's hard to do that when they were born here.

From what the article said many of them were citizens. Should they be forbidden from returning from their home country?

Yes. Forever verboten...

I think if they go to fight in Jihad.....They should lose their citizenship to whatever country they are from.

german authorities always tolerate such islamists and their organizations in the name of freedom of thought ,human rights etc

The sissy SPD and Greens do...

The sissy SPD and Greens do...

they get support from many political wings

but true , greens are the biggest fans of them

maybe it is because they share the same color hehe

Well I want to hear exactly what you think.

Well, let me start and say that no precedence from what I know exists for what I suggest. Now, for too long Germany has been too tolerant of a certain element, especially from what I hear in the north, Hamburg region. It is only a matter of time before the radicalized who have fought on the behalf of the "rebels" who have been identified as Al-Qaeda affiliates decide to turn on the land which was their home or they will use the comforts of their home as a base of operations for potential future campaigns perhaps against German allies. I too agree that any from the US who go and fight for the "rebels" should also lose their citizenship here. This twisting and turning that goes on with help these "rebels" here but attack those "terrorists" there when they are one and the same has to come to a conclusion. At very worst a policy taken up as I suggest may deter some fence sitters from being radicalized when they learn they'll lose everything once they put their beliefs into action. Not all of them are "all in" from the onset, a policy like this might be the call needed to get them to fold their hand.

So there is my exact, albeit not complete, thoughts on the matter.

It's the same in France as well.

The problem is that we officialy support syrians jihadists (called "rebels"). I wonder how the government can prevent "frenchs" citizens (or others european citizens) to fight alongside muslims "rebels" when the same government helps these "rebels" by financing and training them ?

It's somewhat contradictory.

Back
Top Bottom