• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

German government asks Lockheed, MBDA to rebid on missile defense system - cull US influence

The difference is my great grandfather still has your soldiers dog tags, all you have is words and hot air.

And now in 2020, Germany is most admired nation in the world, while your country has become a shithole, ravaged by a Virus, isolated in the world, led by a orange goon. With mass unemployment and a collapse of its global influence.

Nope, my Grandfather brought your grandfather’s back with him. He hung them in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, my Grandfather brought your grandfather’s back with him. He hung them in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make a mistake buddy. Remember i am not as old as you are. Both my grandfathers were born after WW II, i said my great grandfather. I assume yours are already dead? Mine are still alive, the fathers of my grandfathers.

I know americans tend to live not that long. Being morbidly obese often takes a toll. After all your shithole has the lowest life expectancy of any industrial country.

Tangi, it gets repetive. Go look for a doctor.

Merkel is not begging, she made a proposal. And it looks like Trump will follow it, since he himself said NS II cant be stopped anywyys since nobody else can deliver the amount of gas Germany needs.

You also hurt your own agenda buddy, you need Germany. Without Germany, Europe is nothing. We simply are the power center. Your old diplomat Kissinger said it himself. Once you lose Germany as ally, you are out of Europe.

Nothing is "kaputt" (you wrote it wrong), its simply diplomacy at work.

As for Nordstream II, what you see is a typical Merkel move, talk, talk talk and do nothing. As you can see the Nawalny thing changed nothing.

I have an offer for you too, stop talking your bullshit, wait the next 8 months and then we see.

As for the 1.2 billion bucks for LNG Terminals...the irony behind this is, that thats EU money. It means Poland pays for it, because we cut it off from money transfer to Poland.

Thats teh positive side effect from being the hegemon of europe. We decide over the spending.

The end result will be, that we have NS I and II running and get LNG terminals funded from money from Poland...buying russian LNG

We already made clear that you are to weak to deliver the amount of LNG we need. You lack the ships, facilities and power to deliver 55 million cubic meters of LNG to Germany.

So what we see now is nothing but smoke and bullshit. From you as well as from your retarded leadership.

P.s. We get a 5G law that basicly bans Huawai as well as american companeis to participate in our 5g network

You're always busy thinking up things that didn't happen, aren't happening and won't happen.

You can't name a pipe laying ship that will complete the final 99 miles to landfall in Germany because there isn't one you can find. Perhaps that could change over time yet this is how it's been since US sanctions in December and this is how it remains to be.

A big reason you like the pipeline is that Putin will give you discount prices while Germany overcharges Europe on Putin's gas that transits Germany from Nord Stream.

Your fairy tale about Poland paying also ignores that Merkle's offer to construct two LNG terminals in Germany for 1.2 bn euros is to be done by the German government not private investors which means the German taxpayers would have to cough up the bucks. Yet you want to think Merkel is going to screw Poland because you hate Poland (if only a bit more than you hate everybody else in Europe). Indeed, Poland, Ukraine and the USA are at the top of your own German's Hate & Hurt List that is both perpetual and very long.

You belabor the point besides that the USA is not trying to meet all of Germany's demand of natural gas. If Germany receives USA natural gas then America might provide a quarter of the total European demand of it. What the US wants is to be a provider of natural gas to Europe, same as Russia is and does. You on the other hand want to do business with Putin and shut out the USA completely in this market.

Expert: Pipeline “not existentially significant”

Energy economist Marc Oliver Bettzüge from the Energy Economics Institute of the University of Cologne said that from an energy industry perspective, Nord Stream 2 is not of existential importance for the security and profitability of the gas supply in Germany or Europe. “In this context, Nord Stream 2 is a relevant but not a decisive addition to the energy supply in Germany,” said Bettzüge.

I have published excerpts of many thorough statements by energy analysts that evaluate Nord Stream 2 as "inefficient" and "unnecessary" plus negative environmentally. The point I also make is that NS2 is an effort by Putin with Germany to screw Ukraine, Poland, eastern European friends and partners of the United States and thereby trying to screw the USA itself by keeping it out of the European gas and energy market, equation, geostrategic competition. Hence I present above yet another quote by an energy expert who notes NS 2 is not needed in terms of economics or energy factors.

The quote below is by the ship insurer Swedish Club to the International Group of Protection and Indemnity insurers and to ship owning corporations advising them of what US sanctions do and recommending the maritime insurers of the world and the ship owning corporations stay away from the US sanctions lest the sanctions burn 'em hard and fast.

I present this excerpt from the publication of the IGP & I that published a legal analysis of the sanctions on the ship and maritime insurance industry by Gina Venezia Esq. of the US law firm Freehill, Hogan & Mahar LLP. US sanctions referred to are the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) and the Protecting Europe’s Energy Security Act (PEESA).

The more immediate concern for non-U.S. ship owners, insurers and the like is CAATSA’s Section 232. The U.S. State Department made clear on 15 July 2020, that it will apply Section 232 to NS2 and TurkStream. As such, those owning or operating vessels that are used in connection with NS2 or TurkStream or those providing services to such vessels should consider whether their activities might trigger an application of Section 232’s sanction provisions.

Members are reminded that there shall be no cover for any vessels involved in activities that are either unlawful and / or put the Club at risk of breaching sanctions. In view of the direct sanctions threat posed to insurers by CAATSA and PEESA, there will be no cover for any activity involving or related to the Nord Stream 2 or Turk Steam construction projects. All Members are therefore strongly urged to assess and mitigate the risks of entering into contracts on the Nord Stream 2 or Turk Steam construction projects and exercise the fullest possible due diligence to avoid exposure to sanctions or enforcement actions. All clubs in the International Group have issued a similarly worded circular.

[/URL]

You're always busy thinking up things that didn't happen, aren't happening and won't happen.

You can't name a pipe laying ship that will complete the final 99 miles to landfall in Germany because there isn't one you can find. Perhaps that could change over time yet this is how it's been since US sanctions in December and this is how it remains to be.

A big reason you like the pipeline is that Putin will give you discount prices while Germany overcharges Europe on Putin's gas that transits Germany from Nord Stream.

Your fairy tale about Poland paying also ignores that Merkle's offer to construct two LNG terminals in Germany for 1.2 bn euros is to be done by the German government not private investors which means the German taxpayers would have to cough up the bucks. Yet you want to think Merkel is going to screw Poland because you hate Poland (if only a bit more than you hate everybody else in Europe). Indeed, Poland, Ukraine and the USA are at the top of your own German's Hate & Hurt List that is both perpetual and very long.

You belabor the point besides that the USA is not trying to meet all of Germany's demand of natural gas. If Germany receives USA natural gas then America might provide a quarter of the total European demand of it. What the US wants is to be a provider of natural gas to Europe, same as Russia is and does. You on the other hand want to do business with Putin and shut out the USA completely in this market.

Ohhh Tangi, again, you know what trnsfer payments are? Poland gets 12 billion € less next year from EU. So they pay, this and much more.

I dont hate Poland. they make excellent slave workers on our fields. Who you thik does the harvest in Germany? Poles and Romanians. Good, hard working and cheap.

I also dont hate Ukraine, they are nothing.

Expert: Pipeline “not existentially significant”

Energy economist Marc Oliver Bettzüge from the Energy Economics Institute of the University of Cologne said that from an energy industry perspective, Nord Stream 2 is not of existential importance for the security and profitability of the gas supply in Germany or Europe. “In this context, Nord Stream 2 is a relevant but not a decisive addition to the energy supply in Germany,” said Bettzüge.

I have published excerpts of many thorough statements by energy analysts that evaluate Nord Stream 2 as "inefficient" and "unnecessary" plus negative environmentally. The point I also make is that NS2 is an effort by Putin with Germany to screw Ukraine, Poland, eastern European friends and partners of the United States and thereby trying to screw the USA itself by keeping it out of the European gas and energy market, equation, geostrategic competition. Hence I present above yet another quote by an energy expert who notes NS 2 is not needed in terms of economics or energy factors.

The quote below is by the ship insurer Swedish Club to the International Group of Protection and Indemnity insurers and to ship owning corporations advising them of what US sanctions do and recommending the maritime insurers of the world and the ship owning corporations stay away from the US sanctions lest the sanctions burn 'em hard and fast.

I present this excerpt from the publication of the IGP & I that published a legal analysis of the sanctions on the ship and maritime insurance industry by Gina Venezia Esq. of the US law firm Freehill, Hogan & Mahar LLP. US sanctions referred to are the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) and the Protecting Europe’s Energy Security Act (PEESA).

The more immediate concern for non-U.S. ship owners, insurers and the like is CAATSA’s Section 232. The U.S. State Department made clear on 15 July 2020, that it will apply Section 232 to NS2 and TurkStream. As such, those owning or operating vessels that are used in connection with NS2 or TurkStream or those providing services to such vessels should consider whether their activities might trigger an application of Section 232’s sanction provisions.

Members are reminded that there shall be no cover for any vessels involved in activities that are either unlawful and / or put the Club at risk of breaching sanctions. In view of the direct sanctions threat posed to insurers by CAATSA and PEESA, there will be no cover for any activity involving or related to the Nord Stream 2 or Turk Steam construction projects. All Members are therefore strongly urged to assess and mitigate the risks of entering into contracts on the Nord Stream 2 or Turk Steam construction projects and exercise the fullest possible due diligence to avoid exposure to sanctions or enforcement actions. All clubs in the International Group have issued a similarly worded circular.

[/URL]

We have Hermes insurances for that. State guarantees to compensate. That way we do business with Cuba for example.

Thats the positive effect of having a gargantuan budget surplus tangi. We have unlimited financial power. Actually the greatest surplus of any nation in the world. 60 billion per year. 60 billion free money to spend on whatever is needed.

The problem tangi is, you not only get screwed on the energy market. We also kick you out of defense here. And also in the network business.

Nordstream II will be build. There is no hurry at the moment. We wait until your lection and then pull it through.

We have never allowed USA to dictate us energy politics. USA did same 5 times in last 4 decades. Against drushba pipeline, jamal pipeline. End result was...always that the pipelines got build.

Same is this time. Meanwhile the americans get kicked out of more and more business branches here.

As i said, wait and see. When its opened in a few months we can talk about it.

Ohhh Tangi, again, you know what trnsfer payments are? Poland gets 12 billion € less next year from EU. So they pay, this and much more.

I dont hate Poland. they make excellent slave workers on our fields. Who you thik does the harvest in Germany? Poles and Romanians. Good, hard working and cheap.

I also dont hate Ukraine, they are nothing.

You can't name a pipe laying ship that will complete the final 99 miles to landfall in Germany because there isn't one you can find, as I have documented. Perhaps that could change over the next 12 to 24 months yet this is how it's been since US sanctions in December and this is how it remains to be.

Joe Biden stated his opposition to Nord Stream years ago -- while he was vp -- so now if he's elected Potus he's got chestnuts in the fire to work with in the active sanctions. The identical sanctions are also on Turkstream in the Black Sea from Russia to Turkey. Indeed, your Putin-Rostocker Pact is getting torn open at the seams and its the US that's doing it singularly. The European Parliament is against you as is the president of the EU. And so on.

You belabor the point besides that the USA is not trying to meet all of Germany's demand of natural gas. If Germany receives USA natural gas then America might provide a quarter of the total European demand of it. The natural gas fields of the Netherlands and Norway that provide 50% of Germany's demand are depleting fast so you'll need to go with Russia 100% or include the USA in your market.

Because what the US wants is to be a provider of natural gas to Europe, same as Russia is and does. You on the other hand want to do big business with Putin and shut out the USA completely from the German and the European market. Good luck with that.

We have Hermes insurances for that. State guarantees to compensate. That way we do business with Cuba for example.

Thats the positive effect of having a gargantuan budget surplus tangi. We have unlimited financial power. Actually the greatest surplus of any nation in the world. 60 billion per year. 60 billion free money to spend on whatever is needed.

The problem tangi is, you not only get screwed on the energy market. We also kick you out of defense here. And also in the network business.

Nordstream II will be build. There is no hurry at the moment. We wait until your lection and then pull it through.

We have never allowed USA to dictate us energy politics. USA did same 5 times in last 4 decades. Against drushba pipeline, jamal pipeline. End result was...always that the pipelines got build.

Same is this time. Meanwhile the americans get kicked out of more and more business branches here.

As i said, wait and see. When its opened in a few months we can talk about it.

You can't name a pipe laying vessel that will complete the final 99 miles to landfall in Germany because there isn't one you can find, as I have documented. Fact is Rostocker neither you nor the German state can insure a mirage. And people have increasingly run out of miracles since science came along. Neither still can you certify yourselves.

Name your pipe laying barge to insure. I can wait same as Nord Stream is waiting with no pipe laying barge available, present on the horizon, or somewhere beyond it. I'm calling your bluff to name your pipe laying barge and present a new work program with specific dates that doesn't exist either.

Turkstream has your identical problem and you know it so how will you compete with that Putin pipelaying operation in the Black Sea that the identical US sanctions shut down and has the same key players who fled both projects. You've got an idle Putin pipeline project from Russia to Turkey on your cold hands to compete with for vessels, crews, support, provisional services etc.

I won't wait however a "few months" so "we can talk about it." The situation is now and the NS 2 present circumstance is dead under water with no rescue in sight or sound. Which is why you're trying to dash to the escape hatch but find yourself sprawled on the deck by my tackling you. So now get up, brush yourself off, sit down, talk and be specific.

You want the US government out of decision making about transfers of military technology? You are nuts. We aren’t talking about making a better candy bar.

Soldiers in afghanistan were never conscripts. They were asked to go there, did their job and thats it.
You have no way of knowing that. Just because they volunteered for Afghanistan does not mean they were not originally conscripts. However, it makes no difference. You stated German soldiers had no chance for combat. I proved you wrong.

You can't name a pipe laying ship that will complete the final 99 miles to landfall in Germany because there isn't one you can find, as I have documented. Perhaps that could change over the next 12 to 24 months yet this is how it's been since US sanctions in December and this is how it remains to be.

Joe Biden stated his opposition to Nord Stream years ago -- while he was vp -- so now if he's elected Potus he's got chestnuts in the fire to work with in the active sanctions. The identical sanctions are also on Turkstream in the Black Sea from Russia to Turkey. Indeed, your Putin-Rostocker Pact is getting torn open at the seams and its the US that's doing it singularly. The European Parliament is against you as is the president of the EU. And so on.

You belabor the point besides that the USA is not trying to meet all of Germany's demand of natural gas. If Germany receives USA natural gas then America might provide a quarter of the total European demand of it. The natural gas fields of the Netherlands and Norway that provide 50% of Germany's demand are depleting fast so you'll need to go with Russia 100% or include the USA in your market.

Because what the US wants is to be a provider of natural gas to Europe, same as Russia is and does. You on the other hand want to do big business with Putin and shut out the USA completely from the German and the European market. Good luck with that.

The EU parliament is powerless. A show, the commission president is set in by Germany and France, even against election results. Weber won. Von der Leyen got installed by Macron and Merkel. Also con der Leyen is deeply corrupt and on this post as emergency kick out because her many scandals became problematic for Merkel, so she plaved her there before a court sets her into prison. She will do as told. Its a big show Tangi.

No need for luck to shut USA out, we sucessfully do that in many branches. Energy is just one of them. The ship that will lay the last pipes is currently transformed to do the job. We have time.

You win your LNG with Fracking, fracking is banned in Germany, we just protect your nature by not buying from you.

You have no way of knowing that. Just because they volunteered for Afghanistan does not mean they were not originally conscripts. However, it makes no difference. You stated German soldiers had no chance for combat. I proved you wrong.

You did not. You cant be ordered to Afghanistan. And conscripts were banned from doeign campaigns completly. Only fulltime employed soldiers were eligble to go there and even those could not be forced.

Chance for a conscript to go fight was zero. You had to wait till conscription time is over, then get full time employed in the Bundeswehr and then agree to be send to Afghanistan.

You want the US government out of decision making about transfers of military technology? You are nuts. We aren’t talking about making a better candy bar.

We are not nuts, we offer money. They take the deal or not. So far Lockheed Martin does evrything for cash, they even adjusted their offer 3 times to meet the german demands.

Im from Thüringen, the direct center of Germany. You claimed we had slavs here. Never were. Thüringen is west of the Elbe.

The ethnic cleansing was quite succesfull , today only few slavs exist as acknowledged minority in sachsen. They are called sorben.
I seem to recall there being quite a few more than you claim, also they have been west of the elbe since roman times, they have shifted between east and west many times, the francs allied with the german slavs many times as well.

Of course you bring up ethnic cleansing working so I can see you are not even serious about german culture or just simply the most ignorant of it, of course you claiming germany as a leading world power makes me think you fall under the latter.

Again, so you understand it. Thüringen is the heart of Germany. The center, core land.

No mudders made it here, as evrywhere in Europe at the borders there of course was contact and overlapping of ethnicities.

But not in the core. Slavs got their name from being good slaves.
Slavs got their name from slavic culture, which stems from old slavic tribes from germany east to the urals in russia, combined with viking culture. Oh wait vikings were germanic people, crap just threw off your whole superior race argument again.

Slavs got their name from slavic culture, which stems from old slavic tribes from germany east to the urals in russia, combined with viking culture. Oh wait vikings were germanic people, crap just threw off your whole superior race argument again.

Vikings were good slaves as well, paying tributes to german emperors.

I seem to recall there being quite a few more than you claim, also they have been west of the elbe since roman times, they have shifted between east and west many times, the francs allied with the german slavs many times as well.

Of course you bring up ethnic cleansing working so I can see you are not even serious about german culture or just simply the most ignorant of it, of course you claiming germany as a leading world power makes me think you fall under the latter.

Show me which slavic tribes made it to Thüringen. Prove it. :) you wont be able to do so, since no trash made it here.

Show me which slavic tribes made it to Thüringen. Prove it. :) you wont be able to do so, since no trash made it here.

Why do you keep referring to certain groups of people as "trash" and other such dismissive and insulting ways?

Why do you keep referring to certain groups of people as "trash" and other such dismissive and insulting ways?

Slavs and Germanics were never friends. It started even in prehistoric times with constant clashs. They are basicly our arch enemy. This culminated under the first german emperors who were known as the "Slav hammers". Then the teutonic knights, slaughtered them as well. You are interested in history, maybe you have read about that old wars between Germanics and slavs.

The french were also our enemies but respected. You can also see that different point of view in wars. We treated the french with respect when we defeated them. The slavs not so much

Slavs and Germanics were never friends. It started even in prehistoric times with constant clashs. They are basicly our arch enemy. This culminated under the first german emperors who were known as the "Slav hammers". Then the teutonic knights, slaughtered them as well. You are interested in history, maybe you have read about that old wars between Germanics and slavs.

The french were also our enemies but respected. You can also see that different point of view in wars. We treated the french with respect when we defeated them. The slavs not so much

Who cares. Not the least bit relevant to having attitudes today.

Nothing changed. They are still underdeveloped, depend on aid and have a primitive culture.

Strictly matters of opinion. But be honest, civilization and culture did not begin and doesn't end with Germany.

For obvious reasons I think Rwanda has more reasons to be proud of their recent national history than most nations (including Germany).

Strictly matters of opinion. But be honest, civilization and culture did not begin and doesn't end with Germany.

For obvious reasons I think Rwanda has more reasons to be proud of their recent national history than most nations (including Germany).

I think its a common thing. Germans identify westwards. We visit France, the scandinavian countries, Italy, Spain, Portugal ect. but most never step a foot into Poland, which is right next to Germany.

The German - Polish Relationship is a common thing in history.

Look at Egypt and Nubia, Germany and Poland, USA and Mexico. You have a grand nation and a underdeveloped neighbor.

Look at Egypt and Nubia, Germany and Poland, USA and Mexico. You have a grand nation and a underdeveloped neighbor.

Really? IIRC you frequently mock and deride the United States as being "underdeveloped" (at best) and call it "third world".

Back
Top Bottom