• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

German government asks Lockheed, MBDA to rebid on missile defense system - cull US influence

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
German government asks Lockheed, MBDA to rebid on missile defense system

Thats good news, Germany wants to get rid of the american patriot system and plans its own TLVS system.

Lockheeds first offer was kicked from the table and the company was forced to make a new proposal that allows cooperation with german defense corporation MDBA.

Lockheed agreed on that and issued a 2nd proposal that saw wide cooperation with MDBA.

This proposal was culled from Germany as well. The Germans want a system that grants its military operators maximum national autonomy, meaning the government wants to own the rights to relevant software and hardware without having to consult with Washington to employ or modify the weapon.

In short, Lockheed has to hand over the tech to MDNA or doesnt get the contract.

Lockheed is desperate to get this contract simply because its one of the largest defense deals out there avaivable.

Insiders say that the german government basicly told Lockheed its "do or die" and the fact that Lockheed send a 3rd proposal last week, apepars that they follow the order.

I actually think its refreshing how much politics of our nation has changed in last 4 years. How agressive we push our interests through against US is really something new and i like it.

This may prove interesting to watch.

MBDA already make the meteor missile which is the best beyond visual range air to air missile so they already have pretty good knowledge of missile tech.

Meteor (missile) - Wikipedia

Thats good news, Germany wants to get rid of the american patriot system and plans its own TLVS system.

Lockheeds first offer was kicked from the table and the company was forced to make a new proposal that allows cooperation with german defense corporation MDBA.

Lockheed agreed on that and issued a 2nd proposal that saw wide cooperation with MDBA.

This proposal was culled from Germany as well. The Germans want a system that grants its military operators maximum national autonomy, meaning the government wants to own the rights to relevant software and hardware without having to consult with Washington to employ or modify the weapon.

In short, Lockheed has to hand over the tech to MDNA or doesnt get the contract.

Lockheed is desperate to get this contract simply because its one of the largest defense deals out there avaivable.

Insiders say that the german government basicly told Lockheed its "do or die" and the fact that Lockheed send a 3rd proposal last week, apepars that they follow the order.

I actually think its refreshing how much politics of our nation has changed in last 4 years. How agressive we push our interests through against US is really something new and i like it.

Thinking further about this:
Normal negotiations between seller and buyer are not political. This situation could become so.
If it does, the transfer of technology will show the positive strength of the alliance; not victory or defeat of either party to the agreement ... historically, it is a tenuous situation based on U.S./China dealings of the last 50 years.

Thinking further about this:
Normal negotiations between seller and buyer are not political. This situation could become so.
If it does, the transfer of technology will show the positive strength of the alliance; not victory or defeat of either party to the agreement ... historically, it is a tenuous situation based on U.S./China dealings of the last 50 years.

I think Lockheed pretty much suffers from the friction between our government and yours. We want US government out of decission making. Will be interesting

I think Lockheed pretty much suffers from the friction between our government and yours. We want US government out of decission making. Will be interesting

So Putin has you attacking Lockheed now. Interesting.

I dont think its about the missiles. I guess we want the sensor and guidance technology to check entire sectors of the sky.

The Eurofighter consortium is upgrading the radar and Germany have opted for the same version as Qatar are getting fitted to the newly acquired aircraft while the UK is ordering an even more high tech version.

Europe already has the technical knowhow to build fantastic radars as it was invented in the UK.

The Eurofighter consortium is upgrading the radar and Germany have opted for the same version as Qatar are getting fitted to the newly acquired aircraft while the UK is ordering an even more high tech version.

Europe already has the technical knowhow to build fantastic radars as it was invented in the UK.

As the article states its about the software.

germany is becoming more and more socially conservative by the day

As the article states its about the software.

I thought Germany was lord and master over all things technology wise (the impression you give).

So why then do they need to coerce a major U.S. corporation into giving them missile defense software?

Remember, Germany is the country that put men on the moon....

I thought Germany was lord and master over all things technology wise (the impression you give).

So why then do they need to coerce a major U.S. corporation into giving them missile defense software?

Remember, Germany is the country that put men on the moon....

Because we can. Making good rockets is not same as a missile defense system. I assume they want cut development corners

Because we can. Making good rockets is not same as a missile defense system. I assume they want cut development corners

I thought Germans were legendary for being hard workers. No you suggest they want to "cut corners". .

How very American of you.

Japan's post WW II constitution limits its military spending to 1% of GDP.

Germany post WW II has no constitutional limit to its military budget.

Neither Japan nor Germany has the sovereign constitutional authority to wage war except in defense against an aggressor invading its sovereign territory. German small unit military meanderings were authorized by the high court in 1994 and began with Kosovo to extend later into the ME and Afghanistan, among others. Japan participates in anti-piracy off Africa and recently shadowed a PLA Navy ship that was shadowing a USN ship and so on, such as sailing with the USN in the South China Sea where Japan depends on sea lanes for its energy from the ME (as do SK and Taiwan).

Germany was divided post WWII as East Germany under Moscow and West Germany allied in Nato which was founded in 1949 after Soviet Russia got The Bomb.

When the USA committed forces to the Korean Conflict in 1950 the West German armed forces were expanded to upwards of 12% of GDP to take up the slack. Japan's Self Defense Force began to become a serious military force again due to the Korean Conflict and Mao's takeover of China, also in 1949.

The French defeat at Dien Bein Phu in 1954 made USA defense treaty allies of Thailand and the Philippines in addition to existing or new mutual defense treaties with Australia/NZ, Japan, SK.

In Europe Nato had command of West German armed forces, then over the same Bundesweihr of the unified Federal Republic of Germany. In Germany the Minister of Defense is commander in chief of the Bundesweihr; the chancellor can become commander in chief of the German armed forces only on a vote of each house of the Bundestag accompanied by a declaration of national emergency, ie, invasion by a foreign force. German states are prohibited having a military force of any kind.

It's always been the design of Nato led by German armor to hold off a Russian massive armored blitzkreig into Europe while Nato reinforces itself to repel and destroy the invading Russians. And it's always been said -- since 1949 -- the USA and Nato will fight World War III to the last German. As you should know, no one in Nato really objects to this, ie, the Germans and the Russians going at it again.

Last edited:
Since the end of WWII, the German defense forces have been mostly just a token force. This Rostocker guy is hard to figure out. Is he pissed because Trump made them pay for more of their own defense? If he just wanted a stronger German military, why would he care?
So Rostocker, what is it? EU lover?

You don't want to fight the Russians again.

I sure as hell hope you don't want to fight the Americans again.

Either way you demonstrate that too many Germans are always angry and boldfaced against somebody no matter the century, the decade, the people. Which is why Germany has spent about ten minutes since WW I and WW II being a "normal country." It's not nor are the prospects promising in these respects.

Since the end of WWII, the German defense forces have been mostly just a token force. This Rostocker guy is hard to figure out. Is he pissed because Trump made them pay for more of their own defense? If he just wanted a stronger German military, why would he care?

EU dominated and bossed by Germany, not the G-7.

Germany is opposed to a G-8 with Russia included because Russia is too big in too many things even if its GDP is smaller than the German GDP. Russia is vying against the US & Canada for the Arctic from Newfoundland to Vladivostok which Germany could care less about except if Russia would prevail it's more gas and more Nordstream pipelines into Germany where the Germans would control EU access to 'em.

Germany wants Europe as Germany the nation-state has always wanted Europe. And nobody does triumph of the will like the Germans do it.

As he has posted, a couple of years ago, Rostocker came to the U.S. for a body building competition. He initially was declared the winner in his weight division but the judges then said there had been a mistake and he finished 4th.

Behind three Americans.

Apparently he has hated the United States ever since.

Talk about shallow and petty.

As he has posted, a couple of years ago, Rostocker came to the U.S. for a body building competition. He initially was declared the winner in his weight division but the judges then said there had been a mistake and he finished 4th.

Behind three Americans.

Apparently he has hated the United States ever since.

Talk about shallow and petty.

Doesn't sound shallow and petty to me. It sounds he has a legitimate beef.

Doesn't sound shallow and petty to me. It sounds he has a legitimate beef.

You think hating an entire country and ask it’s 300 million people over some body building competition is a legitimate beef.

Why am I not surprised.

Trump made us nothing. Germany ignored him.

You think hating an entire country and ask it’s 300 million people over some body building competition is a legitimate beef.

Why am I not surprised.

When you pay 3000€ for flight and hotel, train hard to be sucesful in your Sport and then get robbed Like that you May understand certain anger

Beside that, i dont hate your country

When you pay 3000€ for flight and hotel, train hard to be sucesful in your Sport and then get robbed Like that you May understand certain anger

Beside that, i dont hate your country

You've presented no evidence you were "robbed". even then, come on "body building"????

It isn't like you had an Olympic Gold Medal taken away.

Back
Top Bottom