• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Georgia Senate Race: Ossoff Wipes Floor With Purdue

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Democrat Jon Ossoff destroyed Republican Sonny Perdue so badly in Wednesday's debate that Purdue cancelled the last scheduled debate.

Highlights from the debate:
--“It’s not just that you’re a crook, Senator,” Mr. Ossoff said, turning to face his socially-distanced opponent as Mr. Perdue’s eyes remained fixed on the camera. “It’s that you’re attacking the health of the people that you represent. You did say Covid-19 was no deadlier than the flu. You did say there would be no significant uptick in cases. All the while you were looking after your own assets and your own portfolio.”

--Perdue bought stock in a company that produces personal protective equipment on January 24, the same day the Senate received a classified briefing on the spread of the novel coronavirus.

--Perdue also used racist ads and slurs in his campaign, which Ossoff listed with devastating effect. "First, you were lengthening my nose in attack ads to remind everybody that I’m Jewish. Then, when that didn’t work, you started calling me some kind of Islamic terrorist. Then, when that didn’t work, you started calling me a Chinese Communist,” said Ossoff, referencing various attack ads.

Senator David Perdue of Georgia withdrew on Thursday from the final debate in his tight re-election race, a day after his Democratic challenger, Jon Ossoff, called him a “crook” and accused the vulnerable Republican of trying to profit from the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, that's a whipping.

Democrat Jon Ossoff destroyed Republican Sonny Perdue so badly in Wednesday's debate that Purdue cancelled the last scheduled debate.

“It’s not just that you’re a crook, Senator,” Mr. Ossoff said, turning to face his socially-distanced opponent as Mr. Perdue’s eyes remained fixed on the camera. “It’s that you’re attacking the health of the people that you represent. You did say Covid-19 was no deadlier than the flu. You did say there would be no significant uptick in cases. All the while you were looking after your own assets and your own portfolio.”

Perdue bought stock in a company that produces personal protective equipment on January 24, the same day the Senate received a classified briefing on the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Perdue also used racist ads and slurs in his campaign, which Ossoff listed with devastating effect. "First, you were lengthening my nose in attack ads to remind everybody that I’m Jewish. Then, when that didn’t work, you started calling me some kind of Islamic terrorist. Then, when that didn’t work, you started calling me a Chinese Communist,” said Ossoff, referencing various attack ads.

Senator David Perdue of Georgia withdrew on Thursday from the final debate in his tight re-election race, a day after his Democratic challenger, Jon Ossoff, called him a “crook” and accused the vulnerable Republican of trying to profit from the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, that's a whipping.
Saw some of that. It was a thorough ass-whooping.

Is this one the race that probably will go into a runoff?

--“It’s not just that you’re a crook, Senator,” Mr. Ossoff said, turning to face his socially-distanced opponent as Mr. Perdue’s eyes remained fixed on the camera. “It’s that you’re attacking the health of the people that you represent. You did say Covid-19 was no deadlier than the flu. You did say there would be no significant uptick in cases. All the while you were looking after your own assets and your own portfolio.”

--Perdue bought stock in a company that produces personal protective equipment on January 24, the same day the Senate received a classified briefing on the spread of the novel coronavirus.

--Perdue also used racist ads and slurs in his campaign, which Ossoff listed with devastating effect. "First, you were lengthening my nose in attack ads to remind everybody that I’m Jewish. Then, when that didn’t work, you started calling me some kind of Islamic terrorist. Then, when that didn’t work, you started calling me a Chinese Communist,” said Ossoff, referencing various attack ads.

Now, that's a whipping.
I watched the parts, he clocked him. And....Perdue is a mega wussy. Typical bully. Screw him.

This is the 1 on 1 race (excepting the minor party candidates). If either of them hits 50%+1 it’s over.

The special election is the one more likely to go to a runoff since there’s a couple candidates from each party running (though Lieberman is fading fast...if somehow Warnock can get to 50% + 1 that one would avoid a runoff as well).

Another close race. Let's hope he sends crooked Perdue packing.
I think that the fact that there is a huge surge in black voting in Georgia this year might screw the polls quite a bit. A lot of the polls are of 'likely voters'.. and the huge amount of black turnout tends to favor democrats.

Source for high black turnout in Georgia .. https://www.npr.org/2020/10/27/928346877/georgia-sees-surge-in-black-voter-turnout

and source for there being historically high voter turnout in Georgia in general https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/georgia_breaks_all-time_voting_record

This bodes well for the democrats

Warnock has been bumping upper 40's in the polls so hopefully he'll eclipse 50%+1 and negate a need for a runoff.

And now Per-doo-doo the crook ditches the final debate on Sunday. Hopefully, he's toast.

Back
Top Bottom