• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Georgia GOP Chair Goes Full Flat-Earth, Says Globes Are Part of a Conspiracy

WTF? I live in this state, watch more news than is healthy for any living being, and I've never heard of this crazy bitch!

I'll be sure to follow up on this one. Why do kooks like this even get a voice in the media? Is she another Santos who slipped through the cracks and got elected?

OK Georgia; she's got to go. Geez.......
Oh she’s a loon. If you hadn’t heard of her google her and read about her when she was running for governor.
She got wiped out in the election but claimed it was rigged lol.

She Lost the GA Guv Race by 70 Points. She Still Won’t Concede.​

Far-right favorite Kandiss Taylor received just 3.4 percent of the vote in Georgia’s GOP primary for governor on Tuesday, less than one-twentieth of current Gov. Brian Kemp’s 73.7 percent of the vote. But that isn’t stopping Taylor from refusing to concede and claiming the election was “rigged.”

Taylor, a Trump loyalist who campaigned with the slogan “Jesus Guns Babies” and promised to “stand up to the Luciferian Cabal,” simply believes it’s impossible that she lost this spectacularly.

One of the cable news networks once sent a reporter to one of those "flat earth" gatherings, and what he encountered was surprising--to him and to me.

It was an outdoor event, kind of like a huge picnic, and everybody seemed to be having a lot of fun. All ages were there. Each time the reporter asked somebody about their flat-earth beliefs, they kind of smiled, chuckled or laughed. Even those who did offer their "scientific" explanations did so in kind of a tongue-in-check way, smiling throughout.

Like the reporter, I clearly got the impression that these people probably didn't really believe in a flat earth, but just enjoyed using it as an excuse to get together and enjoy themselves.

Pardon my language, but heck, after seeing that report, it kind of made me want to be a "flat-earther," too. :)

Oh she’s a loon. If you hadn’t heard of her google her and read about her when she was running for governor.
She got wiped out in the election but claimed it was rigged lol.

She Lost the GA Guv Race by 70 Points. She Still Won’t Concede.​

Far-right favorite Kandiss Taylor received just 3.4 percent of the vote in Georgia’s GOP primary for governor on Tuesday, less than one-twentieth of current Gov. Brian Kemp’s 73.7 percent of the vote. But that isn’t stopping Taylor from refusing to concede and claiming the election was “rigged.”

Taylor, a Trump loyalist who campaigned with the slogan “Jesus Guns Babies” and promised to “stand up to the Luciferian Cabal,” simply believes it’s impossible that she lost this spectacularly.

She's tied to the pathetic my pillow guy? Oh, please. No wonder I haven't heard of her. She doesn't even make the local news here, she's so insignificant. THANK GOD. She's toast.

i have never met a true flat-earther. The only people I have met are anti-globers who feel that by 'disproving' the globe model, then the 'only' other explanation must be a flat earth.
Flat earthers can't present a coherent model for all the phenomena observed.
ffs

1684968736850.jpeg

Oh please let them run her as a Republican VP nominee.

LOL! ha ha, come on man. Can't be any dumber than believing men can be transformed into, well you know. It's so unbelievable I can't say it.
Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about X?”.

Fox News and the extremist right wingers are actually destroying knowledge. There doesn't seem to be a limit to the boldness and amount of lies they troll for voters with.

And the scary thing is they get bites.

I wonder why people have lost the ability to discern between fact and fiction?

Has big money managed to squash education in America that badly?

The Earth is spherical shaped.

It can be seen.

Ships disappear below the horizon.

We should not even have to have any argument about this.
Back to the 15th century.

One of the cable news networks once sent a reporter to one of those "flat earth" gatherings, and what he encountered was surprising--to him and to me.

It was an outdoor event, kind of like a huge picnic, and everybody seemed to be having a lot of fun. All ages were there. Each time the reporter asked somebody about their flat-earth beliefs, they kind of smiled, chuckled or laughed. Even those who did offer their "scientific" explanations did so in kind of a tongue-in-check way, smiling throughout.

Like the reporter, I clearly got the impression that these people probably didn't really believe in a flat earth, but just enjoyed using it as an excuse to get together and enjoy themselves.

Pardon my language, but heck, after seeing that report, it kind of made me want to be a "flat-earther," too. :)

Some are, some aren't.

The particular idiot in question here is obviously the poster child for upping public school funding.

51m8kwgKehL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Give me a break, friend. The "state" didn't put her in office, one tiny little nothing district full of dumb Georgia rednecks did that. FLOYD ****ing County.

Population: LESS THAN 100,000. We gotta loose our republican governor to stop the gerrymandering that put this monstrosity in congress. :(
As I said the sane need to take control of the state government.

I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that people like that are any kind of elected official.

But is there a wall around the world to stop all the water from just pouring off?

My favorite flat earth debunker red’s rhetoric is going to have a field day.

Flat earthers go to lake ponchartrain and look at the sexy curves.

Fox News and the extremist right wingers are actually destroying knowledge. There doesn't seem to be a limit to the boldness and amount of lies they troll for voters with.

And the scary thing is they get bites.

I wonder why people have lost the ability to discern between fact and fiction?

Has big money managed to squash education in America that badly?

The Earth is spherical shaped.

It can be seen.

Ships disappear below the horizon.

We should not even have to have any argument about this.
Yes big money has crushed America and the donor class is hardly finished. Their wealth can always be seized however…/

Then the internet had to go and make true believers like spurskimo and jizm aka jeranism.

Yes big money has crushed America and the donor class is hardly finished. Their wealth can always be seized however…/
How would the wealth of 'the donor class' be seized? Corruption is legal. They control much of government. They will use their power to prevent having their wealth seized. Heck. We can't even tax them more until we make corruption illegal. And that can't happen until we pass the American Anti-Corruption Act, which most people think is hopeless so they won't even try to help. And they have the right wrapped around their little finger. Right now, they are holding the faith and credit of the USA hostage to reduce social services, cause more evictions and put more people on the street. They think having more homeless people as the rich get richer makes America greater.

How would the wealth of 'the donor class' be seized? Corruption is legal. They control much of government. They will use their power to prevent having their wealth seized. Heck. We can't even tax them more until we make corruption illegal. And that can't happen until we pass the American Anti-Corruption Act, which most people think is hopeless so they won't even try to help. And they have the right wrapped around their little finger. Right now, they are holding the faith and credit of the USA hostage to reduce social services, cause more evictions and put more people on the street. They think having more homeless people as the rich get richer makes America greater.

Well……. Lets just say you might not like my suggestion :p but its become necessary.

Give me a break, friend. The "state" didn't put her in office, one tiny little nothing district full of dumb Georgia rednecks did that. FLOYD ****ing County.

Population: LESS THAN 100,000. We gotta loose our republican governor to stop the gerrymandering that put this monstrosity in congress. :(
So just keep in mind, this is an elected position, within the GOP itself. It's not an actual government office, but a Party office. So only those in the Republican Party (and not necessarily all or most, not really sure how those work) voted for her or anyone who may have been running against her.

Guillotines.

Well……. Lets just say you might not like my suggestion :p but its become necessary.

How to seize wealth of the donor class: Tax The Rich More.

We can do that as soon as we wrench Congress away from the donor class and claim it back for the general populace.

That requires a long process of individual action. It's delayed gratification, but there is no other practical method.

Everyone can help. Simply demand that your local town and county council pass the American Anti-Corruption Act, or a resolution in support of it. When that has passed in enough places it becomes a national issue and candidates can run on it and win without big money from the donor class. We, the people, have to get involved if we want government to answer to we, the people. It's just that simple.

We can do this. This is how. We work within the system. The only things delaying this goal are apathy and propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom