• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Georgia city councilman urges fellow 'hard-headed conservatives' to take vaccine after COVID brush with death

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
It's amazing that when faced with death, covid is no longer political, and all of a sudden you trust doctors. smh

Before getting seriously ill with COVID, Councilman Jim Sells of Grantville was skeptical of the vaccine.
GRANTVILLE, Ga. — After a near-death experience battling COVID-19, a city councilman in Coweta County says he's had a change of heart.

Before he contracted the virus, self-proclaimed conservative Grantville councilman Jim Sells said he didn't trust health experts and was skeptical when it came to the vaccine. But then in late July, he tested positive for the virus.

Nearly two weeks later, he was admitted to the hospital with acute respiratory failure. He said he didn't think he would go home again.

Too many things are happening when clicking on that link. Anyways, walking a mile in someone's shoes comes to mind, so is playing Russian roulette.

"I prayed for recovery, and all my friends prayed, and the doctors and nurses worked on me. I said 'if you can recover from this, you have to change everything," Sells said. "This has to be a life-changer."

He will be branded a traitor to Trump’s Republican Party in 5... 4… 3…

From OP article

"People between the ages of 11 and 20 make up the state’s largest share of COVID-19 cases in the past two weeks, at more than 23%. Children 10 and younger are the second largest group, with more than 15% of cases."

One has to be absolutely insane to think that getting the virus is a better idea than vaccination, even IF natural immunity is strong and long lasting. These are not mutually exclusive, thus the BEST approach, if you have HAD COVID, is to GET fully vaccinated in addition TO any natural immunity you may have acquired. And in the end, catching COVID is the absolute WORST idea imaginable, this is not a childhood "chickenpox party", it is a novel virus with deadly consequences and very significant long term side effects. The very LAST thing anyone should do is intentionally GET COVID in order to acquire immunity. And by the way, notice that reputable publications DO INCLUDE the point that vaccination remains essential.

How anti-vaxxers sound.jpg

Back
Top Bottom