• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

This is all on her. Nobody but Corey takes responsibility for this because she's the one pressing charges, so if your hunch is true then her job and career is in jeopardy.

It may well have been in greater jeopardy if she'd decided not to prosecute.

The lady announcing the Zimmerman prosecution sounded like she was accepting the academy award, she praised herself and all those around her. What is this woman running for I wonder? I have never heard anything so pathetically driven by public opinion and politics.

I appreciated how she introduced the people around her. She was trying to focus on their credibility, hard work, and professionalism. It is important to hear those things since people are concerned about the fairness of the trial. Again, she constantly pointed out her responsibility to protect Zimmerman's privacy and Constitutional rights. I don't think she has a vendetta, and I hope Zimmerman gets a fair trial, but some people will never think he can get one.

This was also the big concern with Casey Anthony, and I don't think the system failed her. I am not sure if everybody here was equally concerned about her rights, and I am not saying it's impossible they were either, but she had her fair amount of haters and biased media coverage.

Last edited:
It may well have been in greater jeopardy if she'd decided not to prosecute.

I think everybody should want to see a trial and Trayvon's family does deserve the answers they want, even if they don't get the verdict they want. Nobody has the answers or full evidence at this point. I personally think there should be a trial and an investigation. The story has been twisted and spun in so many different directions, having an actual ruling on actual evidence is kind of needed at this point.

I think everybody should want to see a trial and Trayvon's family does deserve the answers they want, even if they don't get the verdict they want. Nobody has the answers or full evidence at this point. I personally think there should be a trial and an investigation. The story has been twisted and spun in so many different directions, having an actual ruling on actual evidence is kind of needed at this point.

However noble, or ignoble, the influences are that got us to this point in a political-racial-jurisprudence morass, we agree. Only a full blown trial can best address the plethora of stupidity we have here.

This is all on her. Nobody but Corey takes responsibility for this because she's the one pressing charges, so if your hunch is true then her job and career is in jeopardy.

Why would her job be in jeopardy?

She isn't going to get fired for losing the case.

A politician may have fired her if she DIDN'T find something to prosecute in the case.

I say he should plea not guilty and pray for an impartial jury who hasn't been influenced by the media on this one.

Impossibru! His best bet is to bargain an serve time.

A politician may have fired her if she DIDN'T find something to prosecute in the case.

Frankly , she handled her role and responsibilities marvelously to this point. Whether she has a ton of evidence, or a ton of crap, she had to navigate it to this point and seem credible.

She did that quite well.

Last edited:

Why would he do that when he has a self-defense case with several items of corroboration on his part (Injuries, witnesses to him being beat and calling for help).

Certainly enough to cast reasonable doubt.

Seriously, have you ever been on the other side of the fence? In the joint?

Corey could have hidden behind the Grand jury to protect her career but she didn't. Gutsy woman who must feel confident of the case against Zimmerman.

Corey could have hidden behind the Grand jury to protect her career but she didn't. Gutsy woman who must feel confident of the case against Zimmerman.

Gutsy, you say....

Did she address the New Black Panther morons?

The interesting thing is the media tried so hard to convict Zimmerman and as the facts came out the medias case fell apart. Now this special prosecutor is going to try and hang him as he looks more and more innocent, yes I'm suspicious.

The interesting thing is the media tried so hard to convict Zimmerman and as the facts came out the medias case fell apart. Now this special prosecutor is going to try and hang him as he looks more and more innocent, yes I'm suspicious.

I'm guessing the special prosecutor has more information than the media does and I guess she didn't consult you on how innocent he really is...hope you aren't offended...

I keep reading this. Which media? Who did this?

It depends on the likelihood of beating it.
If he does time on either charge, manslaughter or 2nd degree murder, he'll be vilified for years to come w/o regard to how long he actually has to be incarcerated. Even if he got probation his life would still be mess unimaginable to most of us. He'd have all of the downside of celebrity without any of the glamour.
So both of those options suck mud beyond the mere calculation of how long he would be locked up.

The best option is for him to be tried and acquitted. Then he is held blameless and can either try to exploit his new found name recognition or pretend that he can get a "normal" life back.
So, if the SA's case isn't good enough, the best bet is to roll the dice.
If he has been being forthright and candid this whole time, (and/or if the SA's case is weak), I think he should go for it because the plea isn't a bargain.

If she acted unethically it would put her job in jeopardy. If Zimmerman's rights are abused or the court mishandles the case, her ass is on the line.

Gutsy, you say....

Did she address the New Black Panther morons?

That's not her job. Zimmerman's lawyers could start handling that on their own.

If she acted unethically it would put her job in jeopardy. If Zimmerman's rights are abused or the court mishandles the case, her ass is on the line.

If the court mishandles the case that has no bearing on her.

That would be on the court... and "the court" is "the judge"

And one would think that the Duke Lacrosse case would be a good example of what NOT to do.... but it seems we are hell bent on going down that road again.

That's not her job. Zimmerman's lawyers could start handling that on their own.

Defense lawyers don't charge people with crimes........ that is the state's job.

If the court mishandles the case that has no bearing on her.

That would be on the court... and "the court" is "the judge"

And one would think that the Duke Lacrosse case would be a good example of what NOT to do.... but it seems we are hell bent on going down that road again.

This doesn't compare to the Duke Lacrosse case. There is a dead body and parents wanting answers. Any parent would want answers.

This doesn't compare to the Duke Lacrosse case. There is a dead body and parents wanting answers. Any parent would want answers.

And? Parents wanting answers doesn't mean we do whatever we want to to get those answers either.

Defense lawyers don't charge people with crimes........ that is the state's job.

It's not her job to address the issue or take responsibility of it. A lawyer needs to start the legal process for Zimmerman.

NBC... ABC... The Orlando Sentinel.....

The Today Show edit, in your mind, is indicative of a "media" agenda against Zimmerman? Not sure what you're referring to with ABC and the Sentinel ...

The claim that this constitutes an anti-Zimmerman media agenda is highly suspect. "Media" may be a monster, but it's a multi-headed monster that isn't of one mind or purpose.

Back
Top Bottom