• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Zimmerman sues Martin Family for $100 MILLION

Objective Voice

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Why, dude, why? Why can't you just leave well-enough alone and go off into that good night? You won! You beat the wrap. Take your freedom and do something good with your life, but no.

Every time you think the George Zimmerman story is done, he pops back up with something that makes you :doh. But this one takes the cake!

So, why is Zimmerman suing the Martin family? Because according to him "he believes there was a conspiracy to frame him".

The chief allegation in the lawsuit is that civil rights attorney Ben Crump helped to swap out a reluctant witness, Brittany Diamond Eugene, for her half-sister, Rachel Jeantel, and helped prepare her to deliver a script intended to land Zimmerman in prison for the 17-year-old's killing on February 26, 2012.

The suit accuses Trayvon's parents, prosecutors and state authorities of going along with the alleged ruse, and "are alleged to either have known about or should have known about the witness fraud, obstructed justice, or lied repeatedly under oath in order to cover up their knowledge of the witness fraud,"

Now, I'd laugh it I didn't think this guy was serious. But it's George Zimmerman! The man who auctioned off the murder weapon with a smile. The man who showed himself to be abusive to two women since his acquittal. The man who probably has no meaningful life since the murder trial ended.

Anyone with any degree of common sense knows attorneys can change witnesses at any point during a trial (as long as they appear on the witness list or is a "surprise witness" allowed to testify by the judge). So, this crazy conspiracy theory George Zimmerman has is just that - CRAZY! :shock: If I were the judge, I'd throw it out just on GP.

George Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin's parents and others for more than $100 million - CNN

Why, dude, why? Why can't you just leave well-enough alone and go off into that good night? You won! You beat the wrap. Take your freedom and do something good with your life, but no.

Every time you think the George Zimmerman story is done, he pops back up with something that makes you :doh. But this one takes the cake!

So, why is Zimmerman suing the Martin family? Because according to him "he believes there was a conspiracy to frame him".

Now, I'd laugh it I didn't think this guy was serious. But it's George Zimmerman! The man who auctioned off the murder weapon with a smile. The man who showed himself to be abusive to two women since his acquittal. The man who probably has no meaningful life since the murder trial ended.

Anyone with any degree of common sense knows attorneys can change witnesses at any point during a trial (as long as they appear on the witness list or is a "surprise witness" allowed to testify by the judge). So, this crazy conspiracy theory George Zimmerman has is just that - CRAZY! :shock: If I were the judge, I'd throw it out just on GP.

George Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin's parents and others for more than $100 million - CNN

You don't think it would be concerning that they put up a witness and lied by claiming that witness was the girl Trayvon was talking to even though she wasn't and had zero knowledge of what occurred? And the girl that was actually on the phone with Trayvon wasn't willing to back up their claim in court, so they decided to pretend she was someone else?

I can't speak to the veracity, but if there is truth to it, he should sue and he should win.

You don't think it would be concerning that they put up a witness and lied by claiming that witness was the girl Trayvon was talking to even though she wasn't and had zero knowledge of what occurred? And the girl that was actually on the phone with Trayvon wasn't willing to back up their claim in court, so they decided to pretend she was someone else?

I can't speak to the veracity, but if there is truth to it, he should sue and he should win.

My issue isn't with the allegation of witness swapping (although I think he's reaching here, but....) If proven to be true, Zimmerman's case should be allowed to go forward. However, that's a problem for the prosecuting attorney to deal with NOT THE MARTIN FAMILY. They've been put through enough. They lost a child, a son, a brother at the hand of this man. Why should they be made to suffer at his hand again?

This guy is just nuts. this will get tossed out on the street.
the issue is that he has had so many run in's with the law that no one will hire him.

more than likely he can't get a job and this is just a stunt for a settlement.
i doubt anyone will settle him and i hope he ends up having to pay their legal fee's
that would only be justice.

Why the Martin family? They have been through enough. They are not the people one should sue in this case.

You're supposed to sue the people with the deep pockets. Which in this case means the media which were in a feeding frenzy defaming everyone involved including LE and the families.

My issue isn't with the allegation of witness swapping (although I think he's reaching here, but....) If proven to be true, Zimmerman's case should be allowed to go forward. However, that's a problem for the prosecuting attorney to deal with NOT THE MARTIN FAMILY. They've been put through enough. They lost a child, a son, a brother at the hand of this man. Why should they be made to suffer at his hand again?

Because, if true, they comitted a crime and should face the consequence. If not for her claims, zimm ever would have been charged. This witness was the only reason charges even came up.

Zimmerman is half baked idiot. A mall cop washout but a good example of what happens when TWO idiots (Zimmerman AND Martin) meet up in life and things go sideways.

Murders a kid and then sues the family because everyone else got mad about it.

An excellent documentation showing George Zimmerman is just plain crazy.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, but if it turns out the witness was indeed fake and Trayvon's family knew that then he can make real trouble.

Sure you can change witnesses but you cant put them on the stand to lie and say they were Treyvons girlfriend when they are not or testify that they talked to him on the phone that night when they did not. And its not his theory. There was a book written about it.

Because, if true, they comitted a crime and should face the consequence. If not for her claims, zimm ever would have been charged. This witness was the only reason charges even came up.

Are you sure about that? Because looking at the videos of the shooting and listening to the 911 dispatch, I'd say there was enough to bring Zimmerman up on charges without an eyewitness to events. Now, if the allegation is swapping out the real witness for a fake one made the prosecution's case stronger (although IMO, it clearly wasn't strong enough since they lost), then I would agree with you, i.e., you don't have nearly as much of an open and shut case with the original witness' testimony as you did with the fake witness.

In any case, Zimmerman won! Whatever reputation derived as a consequence to the trial was of Zimmerman's own making and had nothing to do with the Martins. Dude really needs to go on with his life (despite the fact that karma's a :censored).

Sure you can change witnesses but you cant put them on the stand to lie and say they were Treyvons girlfriend when they are not or testify that they talked to him on the phone that night when they did not. And its not his theory. There was a book written about it.

Then if true the witness should be charged with perjury, the prosecuting attorney charged with witness tampering and if convicted held to account. But the family has suffered enough. Leave them alone for goodness sake.

Are you sure about that? Because looking at the videos of the shooting and listening to the 911 dispatch, I'd say there was enough to bring Zimmerman up on charges without an eyewitness to events. Now, if the allegation is swapping out the real witness for a fake one made the prosecution's case stronger (although IMO, it clearly wasn't strong enough since they lost), then I would agree with you, i.e., you don't have nearly as much of an open and shut case with the original witness' testimony as you did with the fake witness.

In any case, Zimmerman won! Whatever reputation derived as a consequence to the trial was of Zimmerman's own making and had nothing to do with the Martins. Dude really needs to go on with his life (despite the fact that karma's a :censored).

Pretty confident, yes. A witness (a neighbor) said he saw Trayvon beating up George prior to the shot. There was not going to be any charges.

Then this (allegedly) fake witness came forward claiming zimm confronted Trayvon, attacked him first and claimed Zimm was on top of Trayvon all while Trayvon just kept telling him to get off (directly contradictory to the actual eye-witness).

Then if true the witness should be charged with perjury, the prosecuting attorney charged with witness tampering and if convicted held to account. But the family has suffered enough. Leave them alone for goodness sake.

I believe the claim is that the family was in on it.

Georgie just needs to learn how to keep a job.

Back
Top Bottom