• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Zimmerman Rescues Family From Truck Wreck

Gathomas88

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
George Zimmerman rescues family from truck crash last week, police say

zimmerman%20friend%2044.jpg
George Zimmerman, who has not been seen publicly since his acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin earlier this month, surfaced last week to rescue an unidentified family trapped in an overturned vehicle on a Florida highway, police said Monday.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told Fox News that Zimmerman, 29, was identified by a crash victim as the man who pulled him from the mangled vehicle.

“George Zimmerman pulled me out,” firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office said the single-car accident occurred July 17 at approximately 5:45 pm. and involved a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had left the road and rolled over.

The sheriff's office said there were four occupants inside -- two parents and two children. There were no reports of injuries.

The deputy responding to the crash said that when he arrived, two men -- one of whom was Zimmerman -- had already gotten the family out of the overturned vehicle.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy, the sheriff's office said.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and Route 417 in Sanford, police said.

In another development, Sanford police confirmed that Monday they had delivered boxes of evidence from their Zimmerman investigation, including his firearm, to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice.

Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder on July 13 in the killing of Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman's parents, meanwhile, have told ABC News that they have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home following the verdict

"We have had an enormous amount of death threats,” Robert Zimmerman said. “George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats … ‘Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed' -- just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine."

Jessica Dibartolomeo Landa and Serafin Gomez contributed to this story

Totally the actions of an inhuman racist murderer, amirite? :roll:

Is this the rights new golden boy?

Christ! Give it a rest.

Anything besides baseless attacks to add? :roll:

The man's barely been out of prison for a week, has been the subject of more death threats than you can count, and he's already proving himself to be a good Samaritan in spite of all of it.

That would strike me as being pretty damn admirable.

The man's barely been out of prison for a week, has been the subject of more death threats than you can count, and he's already proving himself to be a good Samaritan in spite of all of it.

Baseless? Attack?

I'm sick of all things Zimmerman. That's my base. I'm sure he is as well. I'm certain his family is.

Let them fade from the media and get back to their lives. Considering the short attention span of most Americans... should only take a few weeks. Base #2

Who cares what he is? Do you think all murders never performed a kind act? Stop making more out of crap that doesn't affect ANY OF US than is warranted.

It is a look into his character, and further evidence that, while a flawed human being, he isn't the monster the media portrays him as. As such, it is a valid point.

Is this the rights new golden boy?

The guy has been heavily vilified by a large segment of the population, has had those sentiments stirred extensively by the national press, and is seemingly a target of a govt witch hunt to appease those people

So the incident is rather ironic and made more so by the fact that it is relatively under reported

The guy has been heavily vilified by a large segment of the population and has had those sentiments stirred extensively by the national press and is seemingly a target of a govt witch hunt to appease those people

So the incident is rater ironic and made more so by the fact that it is relatively under reported

The more interesting aspect is that he revealed that he has been staying in his old neighborhood at some risk to himself...

He's not a hero. He assisted uninjured people from a rolled vehicle. He's not a villain... he made some bad choices, couldn't fight without a gun and took a life which he has to live with, right or wrong, for the rest of his life.

Instead of fanning the flames... LET IT GO! Tell your reps to let it go. Tell the media to let it go.

He's not a hero. He assisted uninjured people from a rolled vehicle. He's not a villain... he made some bad choices, couldn't fight without a gun and took a life which he has to live with, right or wrong, for the rest of his life.

Instead of fanning the flames... LET IT GO! Tell your reps to let it go. Tell the media to let it go.

If you're not interested in the story just ignore it, mate.

I dont know what you want us to say? "Oh yea go George go!"... Is that better?

It is a look into his character, and further evidence that, while a flawed human being, he isn't the monster the media portrays him as. As such, it is a valid point.

Frankly, even beyond that, it gives us more than a little insight into his personality as well.

Zimmerman clearly isn't the type of person to just sit around and "wait for the authorities" regardless of the circumstances at play. This was pretty obviously a factor in what transpired on the night of the shooting with his decision to leave his car.

It probably wasn't the racially motivated move the media likes to portray it as. Zimmerman simply seems to be naturally inclined towards proactive behavior where these kinds of situations are concerned.

It's a shame that the same instincts which served Zimmerman so well in this particular case had to wind up causing so much trouble in the Trayvon Martin incident. It was just a bad situation all the way around.

The MSM really just can't seem to leave race out of it where this guy is concerned, can they? :roll:

Last edited:
If you're not interested in the story just ignore it, mate.

I'm interested in what drives people to involve themselves in the lives of people they will never meet, have no impact on your life, etc. I'm interested in pointing out that our society is sliding into narcissistic self gratification at the expense of others in the name of entertainment.

Whether you, or GZ realizes it or not, the continued attention is keeping he and his family in the spotlight, inflaming passions and putting his family at risk. So if any harm comes to any of his family that had nothing to do with any of this, you and the media you give ratings to are to blame.

But you're all "reality" addicts. You'll defend, rationalize and justify your addiction. Turn off the freakin TV and go live your own lives. Maybe you can connect with your family, neighbors and community and keep future situations like this from happening by strengthening those bonds.

I'm interested in what drives people to involve themselves in the lives of people they will never meet, have no impact on your life, etc. I'm interested in pointing out that our society is sliding into narcissistic self gratification at the expense of others in the name of entertainment.

You seem to be injecting way too much motivation in the people responding to this thread, who you likely have little practical understanding of.

Whether you, or GZ realizes it or not, the continued attention is keeping he and his family in the spotlight, inflaming passions and putting his family at risk. So if any harm comes to any of his family that had nothing to do with any of this, you and the media you give ratings to are to blame.

lol, no the dip-**** who committed the violent act is

But you're all "reality" addicts.

Dude, you seem to be caught up in the drama of this case more than most people. The fact that you're using it to set yourself up as some elitist "above the frey" doesn't change that

You seem to be injecting way too much motivation in the people responding to this thread, who you likely have little practical understanding of.

lol, no the dip-**** who committed the violent act is

Dude, you seem to be caught up in the drama of this case more than most people. The fact that you're using it to set yourself up as some elitist "above the frey" doesn't change that

I don't own a TV, have watched exactly ZERO of the story, trial, aftermath, etc. I am SO above the frey. My comments have nothing to do with GZ... it could be any pop culture, media induced frenzy that otherwise affects no one outside of the immediate situation. But like most addicts... it's always someone else's problem.

Don't sweat it, I expected nothing less.

My interest, as I've stated, is holding a mirror up to those who keep this forum filled with these retarded threads.

I don't own a TV

Mate, I haven't owned a tv since 98. hence the hilarity of your attempt to lecture and prop yourself up here with your dime-store psych analysis

have watched exactly ZERO of the story, trial, aftermath, etc.

Neither have I. The only place I even run into the topic is here

I am SO above the frey.

No, you're knee-deep in it, and using it to prop up some cheese-ball elitist mentality that you seemingly have no right to

My comments have nothing to do with GZ

They certainly do. Being that you're entire tirade is based some knee-jerk analysis of the people commenting on the story here

... it could be any pop culture, media induced frenzy that otherwise affects no one outside of the immediate situation.

In most instances I would agree with you, but unfortunately this story have developed in a legitimate issue, if for nothing else, due to how our justice system is reacting to political interests

Back
Top Bottom