• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"George Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook waiting to happen"

opendebate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Florida Police Chief agrees 'George Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook waiting to happen'

More and more it is looking like this guy is a ticking time bomb, or should I say still ticking since he already went off once. The article is one more example, in what is beginning to look like the consensus amongst people who actually know this guy, that he is one troubled dude. So hats off to those in the media and his public supporters who touted this guy as some kind of noble hero and victim.

“Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook, Aurora waiting to happen,” the resident, Santiago Rodriguez, writes to Bracknell in his first email", to which Bracknell replies: “Your reference to Sandy Hook … I agree,” according to the Guardian.

“Sooner or later another mother and father is going to be on CNN lashing out against the system due to this man snapping.”.

The article also contains a statement from Z's attorney indicating that he did have a gun on the day he confrtonted Shellie and her father but that he did not take it out:

...confirming that he had a gun, but stressed: "He never took the weapon out."

Florida Police Chief agrees 'George Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook waiting to happen' - Americas - World - The Independent

Last edited:
You take a guy who is innocent, have half the country hate his guts for no good reason, hell even more so because he isn't guilty, you have groups of people putting bounties on your head, dead or alive, who aren't prosecuted by anyone... and you wonder why the guy is stressed?

Florida Police Chief agrees 'George Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook waiting to happen'

More and more it is looking like this guy is a ticking time bomb, or should I say still ticking since he already went off once. The article is one more example, in what is beginning to look like the consensus amongst people who actually know this guy, that he is one troubled dude. So hats off to those in the media and his public supporters who touted this guy as some kind of noble hero and victim.

“Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook, Aurora waiting to happen,” the resident, Santiago Rodriguez, writes to Bracknell in his first email", to which Bracknell replies: “Your reference to Sandy Hook … I agree,” according to the Guardian.

“Sooner or later another mother and father is going to be on CNN lashing out against the system due to this man snapping.”.

The article also contains a statement from Z's attorney indicating that he did have a gun on the day he confrtonted Shellie and her father but that he did not take it out:

Florida Police Chief agrees 'George Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook waiting to happen' - Americas - World - The Independent

Most likely because of people like you not leaving the man along.

Oh, c'mon. :roll:

I don't trust the media to report some stories accurate at first. This applies to the problems GZ is having with his wife.

clearly for the good of society he should hunted down like a mad dawg n shot
do it for the children

Since we don't have a Future Crimes division with the authority to incarcerate people for what someone thinks they MIGHT do, I guess we'll have to wait.

So he didn't break the law again.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062315230 said:
So he didn't break the law again.

Since we don't have a Future Crimes division with the authority to incarcerate people for what someone thinks they MIGHT do, I guess we'll have to wait.

clearly for the good of society he should hunted down like a mad dawg n shot
do it for the children

I don't trust the media to report some stories accurate at first. This applies to the problems GZ is having with his wife.

Oh, c'mon. :roll:

Most likely because of people like you not leaving the man along.

You take a guy who is innocent, have half the country hate his guts for no good reason, hell even more so because he isn't guilty, you have groups of people putting bounties on your head, dead or alive, who aren't prosecuted by anyone... and you wonder why the guy is stressed?

You guys are unbelievable. Where is your "personal responsibility" mantra now? If this was any other guy chances are you would all be calling him trouble. No one gets themselves in one predicament after another like this without at least being a part of the problem themselves. I am not saying what he is or is not guilty of in terms of illegal actions but you can not deny that he is his own worst enemy and that HE is a part of the problem, you can't even simply acknowledge that.

You guys are unbelievable. Where is your "personal responsibility" mantra now? If this was any other guy chances are you would all be calling him trouble. No one gets themselves in one predicament after another like this without at least being a part of the problem themselves. I am not saying what he is or is not guilty of in terms of illegal actions but you can not deny that he is his own worst enemy and that HE is a part of the problem, you can't even simply acknowledge that.

It's difficult to discern how much is Zimmerman and how much is the media+people out to get Zimmerman. The media doesn't rank very high on the "believable" scale these days. And really, Zimmerman getting pulled over for speeding made national news... that should never happen yet it did.

Of COURSE the man obviously has some issues. But to compare him to an insane mass murderer of children? Stupid.

Of COURSE the man obviously has some issues. But to compare him to an insane mass murderer of children? Stupid.

And everyone has issues somewhere in the life, past present or future.

It's difficult to discern how much is Zimmerman and how much is the media+people out to get Zimmerman. The media doesn't rank very high on the "believable" scale these days. And really, Zimmerman getting pulled over for speeding made national news... that should never happen yet it did.

I actually have compassion for him for the position he has put himself in and how his life has been turned upside down. I have no desire to persecute this guy but I find the blind support he has garnered from the public disturbing. This is what my focus is on.

I actually have compassion for him for the position he has put himself in and how his life has been turned upside down. I have no desire to persecute this guy but I find the blind support he has garnered from the public disturbing. This is what my focus is on.

You find support for him disturbing, but not comparing him to a mass child murderer when he's done nothing even close to that?

The point isn't the validity of the analogy but accepting the reality of the fact that his image, just like TM's, was distorted by the media and that distortion earned him undo respect and support. The issue that many people had with this case was exactly that, the undeserved credit so easily handed over to this man; the distortions so easily believed and given loyalty too. (BTW, pointing at that it happened with TM too is irrelevant and a given)

You find support for him disturbing, but not comparing him to a mass child murderer when he's done nothing even close to that?

There you go making assumptions again.

So what's your position on this? Should we throw the guy in jails because he might do something? Should we shoot him as a preventative measure? How about people with mental illnesses? Should we lock them away before anything bad happens? Hell, 5% of new babies born are going to end up criminals, should we snuff that many out just to be on the safe side?

People like you, the police chief and the idiot that wrote this article are disgusting. You think you're the freaking brain police.

No desire to persecute him!!??? Then what the hell was your purpose for this thread!?

So what's your position on this? Should we throw the guy in jails because he might do something? Should we shoot him as a preventative measure? How about people with mental illnesses? Should we lock them away before anything bad happens? Hell, 5% of new babies born are going to end up criminals, should we snuff that many out just to be on the safe side?

In all honesty I hope he gets some help and gets his life back on track before that happens. That is my position.

This is no longer about his guy and frankly he will bring his own undoing. Although, The point has become the fervor that he has elicited from his supporters. People who don't know this man are defending him as if he was a family member. Why? The point has become why were so many so ready and willing to be indifferent even perhaps to some extent gratified at the senseless shooting death of a young boy. Why?

People like you, the police chief and the idiot that wrote this article are disgusting. You think you're the freaking brain police.

You don't know me so labeling me as "people like you" that hate filled speak is really a little premature. And believe me I want to stay as far away from knowing what is going on inside your brain as possible.

That police chief should lose his job. This post is bull****.

The knee jerk defensiveness that some have exhibited here in defense of someone they do not even know is the point. A seeming incapability to step back and look at this post objectively is the point. The frenzy is aw inspiring.

If George Zimmerman is having a string of bad luck, it certainly could be part of that string of bad luck that he was brutally attacked by a criminal teenager that he had to kill to save himself. I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

By all accounts and trial testimony, he was a very nice guy prior to the attack. One should hope that once the divorce is over, he can get his life back and maybe get a good job someplace where he is treated well just like he or anyone else deserves.

I wouldn't wish hysterical, hate filled attacks such as the OP on anyone.

Here we go again. I would have stayed in the truck
I would not make excuses on the internet that it wasn't a "policeman" who said that.
The rite would have created another excuse if it were a policeman.

In all honesty I hope he gets some help and gets his life back on track before that happens. That is my position.

This is no longer about his guy and frankly he will bring his own undoing. Although, The point has become the fervor that he has elicited from his supporters. People who don't know this man are defending him as if he was a family member. Why? The point has become why were so many so ready and willing to be indifferent even perhaps to some extent gratified at the senseless shooting death of a young boy. Why?

You don't know me so labeling me as "people like you" that hate filled speak is really a little premature. And believe me I want to stay as far away from knowing what is going on inside your brain as possible.

We defend people because they are human and deserve the benefit of the doubt ESPECIALLY after they have been tried and found not guilty of any crime!

The very idea that you would suggest that anybody who supported Zimmerman's right to fair treatment under the law found the death of Trayvon Martin "satisfying" is shameful.

Back
Top Bottom