• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Will raises possible Trump link to Russian oligarchs

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This liberal misdirection tactic is amazing. Lets remind the class that even if the Russians are responsible for the hack the fact remains that the e-mails provided proof of government corruption.

"[/FONT][/COLOR]

George Will raises possible Trump link to Russian oligarchs | TheHill

Wow. This election delivers when it comes to suspense.

George will has never been what I call a conservative nor a libertarian. He's an establishment statist with some conservative proclivities but for example, he's adopted bannerrhoid views in some instances when it comes to second amendment rights. That he, an establishment statist, doesn't like Trump is a given. But to pretend that has any relevancy is rather silly. Will really doesn't have much following any more.

"[/FONT][/COLOR]

'The claim — which Will could not support with any tangible proof.'

This is George Will trying to put additional pressure on Trump to release his tax returns. He's gambling that Trump won't, and that he continue to make completely unsubstantiated claims which are, apparently, now newsworthy. I mean, I could claim that Hillary's Wall Street speeches 'may show' her bathing in the blood of a goat and reciting incantations from the Necronomicon, and then worry, in a hushed, concerned whisper, that surely her refusal to release them is due to an attempt to cover up this damaging fact. It's pure political theatre.

"[/FONT][/COLOR]

Goerge knows as much about Trumps tax returns as the rest of us do. It's a lovely guess that somewhat fits a few known facts. Not so long ago Trump was hiding his tax returns so we couldn't see his net worth was so much lower than he claims. Now it's because he doesn't want everyone to know he's flush with Rubles. I'm sure it will change again when another issue causes Shillary trouble.

This liberal misdirection tactic is amazing. Lets remind the class that even if the Russians are responsible for the hack the fact remains that the e-mails provided proof of government corruption.

But WHY would the Russians want to do something to hurt the Democrats in November, something which would obviously help Trump? Why would they do that?

Could it be because Trump's already said he might not defend NATO allies "if they didn't pay their dues"?

Could it be because after Trump was nominated by the GOP, he gutted the GOP's anti-Russian stance on the Ukraine in the GOP platform - including the GOP platform's prior stance that Ukraine should be aided against Russian aggression? Really, WHO is showing weakness against Russia????

Gee, maybe THAT's why the Russians want Trump to win!

What the hell, people? Really, what would Reagan have said? Why the heck do you think that neither one of the former Bush presidents support Trump? Heck, you should look up what Barbara Bush has to say about the guy!

But WHY would the Russians want to do something to hurt the Democrats in November, something which would obviously help Trump? Why would they do that?

Could it be because Trump's already said he might not defend NATO allies "if they didn't pay their dues"?

Could it be because after Trump was nominated by the GOP, he gutted the GOP's anti-Russian stance on the Ukraine in the GOP platform - including the GOP platform's prior stance that Ukraine should be aided against Russian aggression? Really, WHO is showing weakness against Russia????

Gee, maybe THAT's why the Russians want Trump to win!

What the hell, people? Really, what would Reagan have said? Why the heck do you think that neither one of the former Bush presidents support Trump? Heck, you should look up what Barbara Bush has to say about the guy!

Maybe because he beat the pants off the one brother, embarrassed the hell out of him and then said the other brother was a goober and responsible for unnecessary wars.

Maybe because he beat the pants off the one brother, embarrassed the hell out of him and then said the other brother was a goober and responsible for unnecessary wars.

um this ^^^

Tim-

George will has never been what I call a conservative nor a libertarian. He's an establishment statist with some conservative proclivities but for example, he's adopted bannerrhoid views in some instances when it comes to second amendment rights. That he, an establishment statist, doesn't like Trump is a given. But to pretend that has any relevancy is rather silly. Will really doesn't have much following any more.

That's funny. Trump is opposed by statists. Because he's such a small government guy. Will's not trustworthy, but the guy who agrees with the Democrats on getting rid of due process in order to strip 2nd Amendment rights... oh he's solid. :roll:

Will is a classic conservative, and while not as full-bore as others, is hardly the kind of person you wouldn't call conservatism. His abandonment of the Trump Train GOP was driven precisely by his dedication to conservatism.

That being said, Trump has several ties to Russia, it looks like he might have quite a few financial ties there as well.

It's an easy fix however - release the tax returns. As he said he was going to do. :)

Last edited:
Will could be on the right track and I strongly suspect he is at least partially correct. We need to know the truth as nobody wants an even partial compromised Manchurian Candidate with a possibility of sitting in the White House. And that is well what Trump could be.

We need to know for sure and need to know well in advance of November.

Will could be on the right track and I strongly suspect he is at least partially correct. We need to know the truth as nobody wants an even partial compromised Manchurian Candidate with a possibility of sitting in the White House. And that is well what Trump could be.

We need to know for sure and need to know well in advance of November.

Never mind if Hillary traded arms or secrets to foreign governments in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation, right?

Your candidate is as dirty as they come.

Never mind if Hillary traded arms or secrets to foreign governments in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation, right?

Your candidate is as dirty as they come.

Your active and creative imagination reminds me of the TWILIGHT ZONE marathon I watched on the SCIFY channel recently.

Your active and creative imagination reminds me of the TWILIGHT ZONE marathon I watched on the SCIFY channel recently.

See the links I provided please.

"[/FONT][/COLOR]

I don't really know anything about George Will, but I have two questions...

1. Has Will always been one to engage in rank, unsupported speculation? Or is this just a new direction for him caused by his intense dislike for Trump?

2. Since Will has abandoned the Republican Party, why would anybody grant him any further credibility? Why does Fox still employ him?

We'll see. Supposedly, that's what the FBI is currently investigating, and those might be the next e-mails released from Assange. He claims to have more e-mails that would get her arrested immediately.

I don't see a problem there.

Greetings, PerfectStorm. :2wave:

:agree: We have to pay our military, and that is whether or not we are at peace or at war. We are not a "sugar daddy" with unlimited funds to take care of security for everyone, and they did agree to pay their share to help us keep them safe. If they feel they can go it alone, then they should consider doing so. It is a matter of fairness...

One might think that...except for to do so, one forgets Bush Sr. Remember his experience - all of it. He - like just about every other elder statesman I can think of - can look past insults to family. That's what those who choose a life of politics do - at almost every level. They snipe at each other during the campaign, and while some are just uncouth, others get really nasty - it's part of the game - but when one candidate wins the primary, the other candidate makes nice to be able to stay in the game.

But the GOP of today is not the GOP of Reagan and Bush 41 - far from it. And y'all honestly have zero clue as to how you got to this point, for you can't allow yourselves to ever admit error.

Back
Top Bottom