• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Will raises possible Trump link to Russian oligarchs

I can't stand the man, but it's became apparent that it's okay to do a lot of things you generally shouldn't do (and even some of the things people accuse Trump of doing) because "Trump". I've never seen such a wide scale embrace of the Machiavellian principle of "the ends justifies the means" across the public as I have since the rise of Trump.

Just to point out something else.
Notice how everyone has to qualify any defense of Trump as, "I don't like him but."

It's gotten so ridiculous, in terms of criticism, that you have to treat it like, "I'm not a racist but."

I'm right there with Will in the #NeverTrump movement. Like Will, I am greatly and profoundly disappointed that Trump is the GOP nominee.

However, I don't go around making up theories about the man without even a little bit of evidence to back it up. I have yet to see even a shred of evidence that Trump has ever even met Putin. And it would be one hell of a conspiracy theory to assume that Trump has been holding back on the release of his tax returns (which by the way, I don't even give a **** about at this point - what is going to be in there that is going to be noteworthy or game changing anyway?) because he knew that Putin ordered his people to hack the DNC servers for the last year in the hopes that they would uncover some vast internal plot to deny Bernie Sanders the nomination and that they actually did find what they were looking for and they were going to release it on the eve of the election.

Yes, and I saw George W. Bush pushing the button that detonated the bomb that took down the North Tower of the WTC, too. I watched it with Elvis.

Greetings, tres borrachos. :2wave:

Well said, tres! :thumbs: At the bottom of this story is the fact that the Dems were the ones that wrote the damn emails, not the Russians or aliens from outer space, or anybody else! So they were caught - it's been that kind of a year so far - so they make things worse by blaming everyone they can think of to divert attention, while bemoaning the fact that they are considered untrustworthy by a majority of voters from both parties? :bs: Truth be known, most people feel the same about both parties, which is why third party candidates are looking so good currently, IMO!

I was going to say. how many foreign donors give to the Clinton foundation that they left off their disclosure forms?
one of the things that they are under investigation for. also they are under investigation as to whether or not it is a charity
or a Clinton slush fund.

Unless Will has some kind of proof, this is empty posturing presented in the guise of reporting.

Though it is fun watching some posters basically pull the 2008 and 2012 Republican playbook in terms of how Russia or Iran or such viewed Obama, and how that should somehow give people pause and mean they shouldn't vote for him, and trying to recycle it as if it's TOTALLY legit this time around (and watching some Republicans now acting like such a thing is just a crazy notion).

And no, this doesn't have the "potential" to be the biggest political scandal sine Watergate, unless there's actual evidence to suggest Putin is collaborating WITH Trump, which thus far there is absolutely zero to suggest that in any way. It's baseless speculation and wishful thinking in hopes of creating a diversion to talk about things other than the actual facts that did get leaked.

there was some credible evidence that the PRC was giving both the Clintons and Obama campaign contributions-I believe some Chinese National was convicted of funneling PRC donations to the Democrats. I haven't seen any evidence that the Russians are funding Trump's campaign.

I think George Will's problem with Trump is one that he'd have with anyone ... hair that actually moves in the wind.

I'm right there with Will in the #NeverTrump movement. Like Will, I am greatly and profoundly disappointed that Trump is the GOP nominee.

However, I don't go around making up theories about the man without even a little bit of evidence to back it up. I have yet to see even a shred of evidence that Trump has ever even met Putin. And it would be one hell of a conspiracy theory to assume that Trump has been holding back on the release of his tax returns (which by the way, I don't even give a **** about at this point - what is going to be in there that is going to be noteworthy or game changing anyway?) because he knew that Putin ordered his people to hack the DNC servers for the last year in the hopes that they would uncover some vast internal plot to deny Bernie Sanders the nomination and that they actually did find what they were looking for and they were going to release it on the eve of the election.

Yes, and I saw George W. Bush pushing the button that detonated the bomb that took down the North Tower of the WTC, too. I watched it with Elvis.

I've noticed that ... I've noted it several times and it's admirable ... I'm serious.

It's the Clinton Campaign Russian Diversion and Will hates Trump enough to flog that horse without mentioning the actual Clinton Russian connection.

If Trump is smart enough (questionable) he'd take the opportunity of his presser in 5 minutes to mention the Russia/Clinton connection and challenge the media to follow up.

Wouldn't that be a hoot. Both Trump and Hillary arrested by the FBI and charged with high treasonous crimes!

Oh lord. So many many heads would just explode.

Count me in!

Just to point out something else.
Notice how everyone has to qualify any defense of Trump as, "I don't like him but."

It's gotten so ridiculous, in terms of criticism, that you have to treat it like, "I'm not a racist but."

That's because if you even so much as say anything that isn't "TRUMP IS HORRIBLE", people assume you're this devoted follower that hangs on his every breath. Which yes, is sad

That's because if you even so much as say anything that isn't "TRUMP IS HORRIBLE", people assume you're this devoted follower that hangs on his every breath. Which yes, is sad

It's a type of social censorship to not be considered a moron or evil.
Even if you're neither.
I hate this stuff.

It's the Clinton Campaign Russian Diversion and Will hates Trump enough to flog that horse without mentioning the actual Clinton Russian connection.

Are you referring to the major uranium deal Hillary made with the Russian businessmen in return for a "donation" to the Clinton Foundation?

This is true.

I don't like Trump at all. But I utterly despise Hillary.

If a Trump win would truly implode both parties as we know them and re-create the American political system, I'm all for it. I believe he'll let Newt and Pence do the heavy lifting of the foreign policy job, and he'll be more celebrity than actual policy determinant. His trade ideas do concern me, but I think he'll protect the Supreme Court with conservative replacements.

I just want Washington torn apart. I want a party that pulls together conservative people from the Republican, Democrat, Independent, and Libertarian parties. One that focuses on foreign and economic policy that truly matters. Today's parties just run to social issues so they don't have to deal with the hard stuff.

We'll see. Supposedly, that's what the FBI is currently investigating, and those might be the next e-mails released from Assange. He claims to have more e-mails that would get her arrested immediately.
Supposedly there is as much a chance for the FBI to recommend an indictment against Russia (and Trump) as there was the possibility of their recommendation to indict Hillary on the unsecured server.

Are you referring to the major uranium deal Hillary made with the Russian businessmen in return for a "donation" to the Clinton Foundation?

You bet. And to be clear, in this case Russian business = Russian oligarchs.
So many fingerprints on that thing ... Bill, Hill, Russia, CFIUS, CGSCI, Clinton Foundation and it's donors up the wahzoo, Rosatom ...
That story needs to be thoroughly mined ... pun intended.
Ugleeeeee.

Remember Will left the Republican party over his anger at Trump.
He is one of the never trump gang. So this does not surprise me in the
least. It's just one of many anti-trump writings that will grace us till
the November election.

Back
Top Bottom