• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims - FOXNews.com

They went out of concern and in respect of our Military without the fanfare and cameras like you can count on Obama to take full advantage of in his constant and continuous self aggrandizement. Obama will do everything he can to make it all about himself as he has everything else he's been involved in.
I doubt seriously that you will ever hear Obama admit the Hasan was acting as an Islamic terrorist. And would never sign a death warrant that will be required when he is found guilty of murder. Obama will no doubt site some BS how this poor misunderstood Hasan was confused and was picked on. BOO HOO big deal.

The Bushes entered and departed the sprawling military facility in secret, having told the base commander they did not want press coverage of their visit, a source told Fox News.

Former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura secretly visited Fort Hood last night and spent "considerable time" consoling those who were wounded in Thursday's shooting spree, Fox News has learned.

The Bushes entered and departed the sprawling military facility in secret, having told the base commander they did not want press coverage of their visit, a source told Fox News.

The couple was described as "deeply concerned" about military families on Fort Hood after Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly opened fire on soldiers and civilians, killing 13 and wounding 38.

The Bushes, who have a 1,600-acre property known as Prairie Chapel Ranch less than 30 miles from Fort Hood in central Texas, spent between one and two hours visiting the wounded and their families.

That's a right good thing they did there.

Good guy, that GWB.
:thumbs:

This was a good thing Bush did, but why do you feel the need to politicize it? It had nothing to do with other than a kind act on the part of Bush.

President Obama is the President for goodness sake, he has other things to attend to that are as important, Bush no longer does.

Amazing the level of partisanship.

This is the Bush I like. A normal man. Not that weird neo-liberal war monger.

This was a good thing Bush did, but why do you feel the need to politicize it? It had nothing to do with other than a kind act on the part of Bush.

President Obama is the President for goodness sake, he has other things to attend to that are as important, Bush no longer does.

My post did not in any way refer to anything political or any political position.
It is you who are trying to politicized this act of compassion. I simply pointed out that some people care more about other people than they do about their own image. It's about the measure of a man and his integrity. Something Obama lacks.
Politically I have over the years disagreed with GWB more than almost anyone in the office, until now.
I feel it's important that everyone do a little reading and study into how to comprehend what you read so that you can stop projecting your automatic defense of what was not said. Your knowledge of Obama's lack of genuine concern over anything not Obama related is what caused you to do this. It's kind of sad.

Its their version of bells and whistles and a photography brigade.

My post did not in any way refer to anything political or any political position.
It is you who are trying to politicized this act of compassion. I simply pointed out that some people care more about other people than they do about their own image. It's about the measure of a man and his integrity. Something Obama lacks.
Politically I have over the years disagreed with GWB more than almost anyone in the office, until now.
I feel it's important that everyone do a little reading and study into how to comprehend what you read so that you can stop projecting your automatic defense of what was not said. Your knowledge of Obama's lack of genuine concern over anything not Obama related is what caused you to do this. It's kind of sad.

Oh I am sorry I was mistaking this....

"Obama to take full advantage of in his constant and continuous self aggrandizement. Obama will do everything he can to make it all about himself as he has everything else he's been involved in.
I doubt seriously that you will ever hear Obama admit the Hasan was acting as an Islamic terrorist. And would never sign a death warrant that will be required when he is found guilty of murder. Obama will no doubt site some BS how this poor misunderstood Hasan was confused and was picked on. BOO HOO big deal.
- Councilman

For partisanship. :roll:

In all fairness, you're not going to see any Libbos praising Bush for doing this, when he clearly did it out of the goodness of his heart. That silence speaks volumes of partainship, so it's not all that horrible that the Connies that post on this thread take a few digs at PBO.

Kudos to Bush and his wife. That was a truly wonderful thing to do. It's only too bad that loose lips had to fly and his request for no press coverage couldn't be respected.

Say what you will about Bush and his public persona, but I think this is closer to the genuine true Bush then anything we may ever see on TV. I think dispite it all he's a rather down to earth, decent guy, and routinely comes off that way...which is why he was so off putting, we're not used to that with a politician often.

In all fairness, you're not going to see any Libbos praising Bush for doing this, when he clearly did it out of the goodness of his heart.

Do you think Bush did it for that reason or would even care?

That silence speaks volumes of partainship, so it's not all that horrible that the Connies that post on this thread take a few digs at PBO.

He asked for no coverage? How is the silence anything other than what he asked for? I would also be willing to bet libs will be in this thread saying good things about it at some point.

To be honest it is a good thing but not a huge deal. An ex president visits a disaster victim. Not like that has never happened before.

Do you think Bush did it for that reason or would even care?

That's my guess. Think about it, he could have not even showed up and no one would have even said anything about it.

He asked for no coverage? How is the silence anything other than what he asked for? I would also be willing to bet libs will be in this thread saying good things about it at some point.

To be honest it is a good thing but not a huge deal. An ex president visits a disaster victim. Not like that has never happened before.

There may be a few that give it a little lip service, but only a few.

Great thing about being an Ex-President is that you are allowed to be Human again.

Great thing about being an Ex-President is that you are allowed to be Human again.
It would be hard to argue that GWB was -not- a Human while he was President.

It would be hard to argue that GWB was -not- a Human while he was President.

Sentencing hundreds of thousands of people to their death (whether that is the intention or not is not important) can only be a function of the state, or the office in this instant, not of human or individual.

Sentencing hundreds of thousands of people to their death (whether that is the intention or not is not important) can only be a function of the state, or the office in this instant, not of human or individual.
Not sure how that shows -he- wasn't human.

Not sure how that shows -he- wasn't human.

Because he had to make decisions that are inhumane. I am not talking humanity as an organic or physiological concept, but of an ethos.

Because he had to make decisions that are inhumane. I am not talking humanity as an organic or physiological concept, but of an ethos.
Yes, and so I am.
Making decisions that are "inhumane" does not INHERENTLY disqualify you from being human.

Did GWB understand and recoGnize the enormity of the diecisions he made?
Did GWB express genuine regret at having to make those decisions?
Did GWB espress genuine remorse for the fate of those affected?
Did GWB express genuine compassion for the families of those affected?

Yes, he did -- on all accounts.

Thus, human.

(Note that this does not address the subjectivity of the term 'inhumane')

Yes, and so I am.
Making decisions that are "inhumane" does not INHERENTLY disqualify you from being human.

Did GWB understand and recoGnize the enormity of the diecisions he made?
Did GWB express genuine regret at having to make those decisions?
Did GWB espress genuine remorse for the fate of those affected?
Did GWB express genuine compassion for the families of those affected?

Yes, he did -- on all accounts.

Thus, human.

(Note that this does not address the subjectivity of the term 'inhumane')

Without being the President of the United States, would GWB have had to make those decisions in any other field? I'd say, not unless he turned into an underground criminal overlord.

Thus, I find the Office of Presidency to be atypical of the human experience, thus nonhuman

Without being the President of the United States, would GWB have had to make those decisions in any other field? I'd say, not unless he turned into an underground criminal overlord.

Thus, I find the Office of Presidency to be atypical of the human experience, thus nonhuman
Ah. Well, I find no merit in your argument.
Of all the President we've had, GWB is among the MOST human.

Ah. Well, I find no merit in your argument.
Of all the President we've had, GWB is among the MOST human.

I don't even understand how you could make such an accusation of one person. That in the shilloutte of all Presidents, GWB stands out as the most human (the one who is playing the game more like human, than a State appendage)? I wouldn't dare ask for the merits of your arguement because you cannot produce them.

Please note that I am not using anti-Bush rhetoric. I think the Office of President is sick, and the people who sign-up for the job are usually sane, but start coughing.

Last edited:
I don't even understand how you could make such an accusation of one person.
Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.
Of all the Presidents, he is among those that exhibited the most "human" qualities.
Disagree?
Maybe then you should list what, to you, makes people "human".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom