• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Takei on Gay Sulu: Doesn't Like the Idea

You think I don't bitch about ****ty love triangles and pointless love stories crammed into my movies? Come on dude. Give it up.

And there you go...all SJW with the bull**** about the deep throat tongue kissing? Again: if it is central to the plot...why would I give a ****? It irks me when it is crammed in for no reason to appease you SJWs so you can applaud the usage of a gay person so you can "feel good" about how progressive you are.

See the smug video from South Park.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

um, no, if they were deep throating, or if it was a lengthy pointless distraction, it would be CONSISTENT with what the other couples in the movie did. If you weren't aware, Sulu did actually kiss but the studio deleted that part, much like they forced the lesbian in the ghostbusters reboot to "play it coy," because certain customers would be in hysterics. For 100 years in hollywood and even now, it is the homophobe agenda that gets catered to, but that clearly doesn't irk you nearly as much

as i said, when gay characters exist in proportionate # (like, 5% give or take) and behave just like their hetero counterparts, then your complaints of "social justice warriors" won't be so damn laughable

All I had to see was a picture of the 4 female ghost busters, and I knew I wasn't going to see that movie. Sorry, but it just doesn't translate. The whole ethos of men going to battle with the forces of evil against long odds and all the testosterone that entails is lost. I can't help but think that if 4 women were out to bust ghosts they'd do it differently, and so what the "new ghostbusters" really represents is a failure of creative imagination.

You are talking about comedies. The only thing that matters is if they are funny. Ghostbusters isn't The Sands of Iwo Jima. Ethos of testosterone fueled men battling evil forces? Good grief!

Back
Top Bottom