• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Soros donates $1 million to Media Matters to fight Fox News and Glenn Beck

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
NYT: Soros Donates $1 Million to Media Matters for Fight Against FOX and Glenn Beck | The Blaze

And a petition from the Tides Foundation can be found at MM...

http://mediamatters.org/press/releases/201010200005

Once again, they're going after Beck's advertisers, but they've now expanded it to the entire Fox News network claiming that Beck's "violent rhetoric" (no source on that) could lead to another Oklahoma City bombing.

MM also launched http://mediamatters.org/action/dropfox/ trying to intimidate Fox's sponsors into dropping their sponsorship.

Uh huh....I think we all know why Soros and Media Matters want Beck to shut up....

Last edited:
Now hold ON -- there are several here who INSIST that Media Matters isn't anti-Fox News, and that they're just "serious journalists" doing their jobs fairly. I just don't see how any of this could be possible.

Now hold ON -- there are several here who INSIST that Media Matters isn't anti-Fox News, and that they're just "serious journalists" doing their jobs fairly. I just don't see how any of this could be possible.

Don't know how unbuiased media matters is, but taking money doesn't make them inaccurate. Money used to report accurately on Fox errors isn't a bad thing, espeically concerning the political entertainers, who don't really do news. It's OK to do this on all political entertainers regardless of network.

someone is lying... but who? The Fair & Balanced Media Matters crew? Or that evil, violence inciting group over at FOX News.

someone is lying... but who? The Fair & Balanced Media Matters crew? Or that evil, violence inciting group over at FOX News.

Is it limited to either or? Or is it possible both are lying?

Don't know how unbuiased media matters is, but taking money doesn't make them inaccurate. Money used to report accurately on Fox errors isn't a bad thing, espeically concerning the political entertainers, who don't really do news. It's OK to do this on all political entertainers regardless of network.

Good for you. Had nothing to do with what I said.

I would be happier if neither outfit existed. I dislike biased media.

I don't actually mind bias. We should be able to handle that. I dislike inaccuracy. And I'm concerned about viewers who seek and demand that news appease their world view. News shold not be affirmation.

Wait, I thought we can't blame other people for the acts of people? How can we blame Rush for OKC or blame Beck for possiibly causing another due to his "rhetoric", but we're told you can't say that islamic "rhetoric" helped cause the 9/11 attacks?

Perhaps because you swallow the Kool-Aid that FauxNews dishes out. I would have to say that you could add about 3 zeros to the amount and you might at that point have enough money to correct the lies and propoganda that Faux puts out on the airwaves.

megaprogman said:

All media is biased. To wish away all biased media would be to eliminate it in its entirety.

Fox just catches most of the flak because it was the first to be biased towards the conservative.

I personally don't care what Soros does with his money. Everyone knows him to be a hyper-liberal crackpot. Hyper-liberal crackpots do hyper-liberal crackpot stuff. Status quo maintained.

In your opinion, what does anti-Fox News mean? I seem to remember them praising Shep Smith and he works for FOX News.

Wait here is an example:

Shep Smith slams Breitbart's BigGov: A "widely discredited website" that posts "inaccurate" and "edited" videos | Media Matters for America

In your opinion, what does anti-Fox News mean? I seem to remember them praising Shep Smith and he works for FOX News.

Wait here is an example:

Shep Smith slams Breitbart's BigGov: A "widely discredited website" that posts "inaccurate" and "edited" videos | Media Matters for America

Do you ever bother reading anything? Seriously, do you? There are words right in front of your face, yet you continually miss them completely.

Look at the OP.

There's a reference to Soros donating a million to MM specifically for the purpose of bringing Fox down, and two separate links the MM's "Drop Fox" campaign.

But no. That's not "anti-Fox." Not in the slightest.

Good grief.

Back
Top Bottom