• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George H. W. Bush Shaves His Head for Kid With Cancer...

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
...Poses in Adorable Picture

Former President George H.W. Bush shaved his head this week to show solidarity with Patrick, the son of a member of his security detail who's battling cancer.

Patrick, 2, lost his hair during treatment for leukemia. Bush, along with members of his Secret Service detail, showed their support for their friend by going bald as well.

George H.W. Bush Shaves Head For Kid With Cancer, Poses In Adorable Picture

Bush's entire Secret Service detail did the same:

George Bush.jpg

Great thing to do . . . don't you think?

Attachments

• george bush shaves head.jpg
    george bush shaves head.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 160
Classy. He's a good guy. I didn't vote for him but I respected him. Oddly, I most respected him for being big enough to admit when he was wrong.

The father and the son were 2 very different people. Just as my Father and I were different people. The current topic is Bush Sr. for whom I have, and have expressed, great respect. The younger Bush is a completely separate topic.

No matter what you think of the Bush politics they are good people.

The father and the son were 2 very different people. Just as my Father and I were different people. The current topic is Bush Sr. for whom I have, and have expressed, great respect. The younger Bush is a completely separate topic.

Uhhhh, Speckle? I think everybody sorta' new that. Nice left-handed slam though. ;)

So you think junior is a bad person with evil intent?

Classy. He's a good guy. I didn't vote for him but I respected him. Oddly, I most respected him for being big enough to admit when he was wrong.

Nothing odd about that. It's an admirable trait, especially in a world where most people refuse to admit their mistakes.

Bush senior is an honorable man and a class act.

Totally agree. Compare Desert Storm with the the Iraq war. GHWB shot down during war, GWB served in the TANG to avoid war. GHWB realized taxes needed to be raised, GWB would not raise taxes unless his life was depended upon in.

No. No left handed slam. I hoped you knew me better than that. I meant exactly what I said. The topic is Bush Sr., not Bush Jr. If you want to start a topic about Bush Jr., I'll be happy to participate. I think I clearly stated that.

Uhhhh, Speckle? I think everybody sorta' new that. Nice left-handed slam though. ;)

So you think junior is a bad person with evil intent?

Nothing odd about that. It's an admirable trait, especially in a world where most people refuse to admit their mistakes.

Bush senior is an honorable man and a class act.

Totally agree. Compare Desert Storm with the the Iraq war. GHWB shot down during war, GWB served in the TANG to avoid war. GHWB realized taxes needed to be raised, GWB would not raise taxes unless his life was depended upon in.

That story is just too awesome. That the secret service detail did it too really is great.

i've never been a fan, but good for him for doing that.

I read some of the comments at the bottom of the MSN story...There are some real hateful people out there.

As bad as this place can get sometimes, those comments sections in those places are nasty beyond belief.

I've always wondered if Bush Sr. was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when it came to his re-election. I just can't recall him being embroiled in scandal (real or manufactured) during his presidency.

It's cool Bush Sr did this. Think I read in another article he also gave money to the kid's family. That's even cooler.

That's a very good gesture- I praise him for it.

I find it a great gesture and neat that he did that. Is anyone else shocked by how many personal secret service detail there is for an ex-prez who hasn't been in office for 20 years?

Bear in mind that GHWB was punished for raising taxes.

He was punished for raising taxes after he said he wouldnt.

I suppose that somewhat justifies his defeat given how promises are highly valued in American political culture.

... no matter how impractical that is. You can vote for a man due to his character and vision, but extracting promises from your nation's leader is like a wife begging a husband going to the front line to come back alive. The nature of his work does not leave much room for pledges.

I've always liked George H.W. Bush. Voted for him twice! :)

He's always struck me as a good man and a decent guy. This was a cool thing for him to do, and he seems to be having fun with it as well!

How much hair did he have left, anyway? That dude's gettin pretty old! :D

Picture rated 9.5/10 on adorable scale. .5 taken off because getting a solid 10 requires at least two puppies.

Gulf 1 and Gulf 2 were totally different animals.

I read some of the comments at the bottom of the MSN story...There are some real hateful people out there.

As bad as this place can get sometimes, those comments sections in those places are nasty beyond belief.

I've always wondered if Bush Sr. was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when it came to his re-election. I just can't recall him being embroiled in scandal (real or manufactured) during his presidency.

I'm not sure there is much of a correlation between doing a decent job as president and getting elected to a second term.

Back
Top Bottom