• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Gascon, LA County DA and his woke criminal policies have cut gun toting gang members loose multiple times.

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Some of them have been arrested and released multiple times. Something about how it's not their fault. They were disadvantaged youth. Or something.

Which got me wondering, what if a taxpaying, contributing citizen like myself got pulled over and the cops found a .38 in the glovebox?

Liberty and justice for all?

And when the 1/6ers are on the wrong end of the legal system, y'all want criminal justice reform and you start whining about the DC gulag.

"What's good for me, should be kept from thee."

And when the 1/6ers are on the wrong end of the legal system, y'all want criminal justice reform and you start whining about the DC gulag.

"What's good for me, should be kept from thee."
Deflection :rolleyes:

Some of them have been arrested and released multiple times. Something about how it's not their fault. They were disadvantaged youth. Or something.

Which got me wondering, what if a taxpaying, contributing citizen like myself got pulled over and the cops found a .38 in the glovebox?

Do you think getting 10 years additional time just for being a gang member, at your expense, is a good idea?

By your standards it's not being "woke" to pay an additional $1,061,310 to house a gang member for a decade. Whatever, your money- you can advocate for locking up someone for being a gang member for good if it's worth it to you.

Do you think getting 10 years additional time just for being a gang member, at your expense, is a good idea?

By your standards it's not being "woke" to pay an additional $1,061,310 to house a gang member for a decade. Whatever, your money- you can advocate for locking up someone for being a gang member for good if it's worth it to you.

Where does this "10 years additional time" come from?

Hmm… never mind what the legislature wanted, just let the DA make the call, is pure lunacy - even in CA. BTW, these are gang and gun sentence enhancements - meaning that the perp was first convicted of the underlying crime.

Deflection :rolleyes:

I don't see any thing to deflect from. OP made another cookie cutter post, as always without any sort of sourcing or argument.

commies for all petunias, and a quasar upon any sabateurs! And sabatons! Damn the sabatons to hell!

No! Jail and key toss for you and I.

I hope Karma comes a calling for Mr. Gascon. Whatever the worst that his disgustingly stupid and dangerous policies cause to innocent citizens hopefully will come back on him.

Letting them prey on innocents is no answer!

Maybe the death penalty for habitual violent offenders.

Maybe send them to a Turkish prison upon their second violent offense. Vastly cheaper and way more undesirable.

Maybe back off the Rabid gun banning garbage and encourage good law abiding folks to defend themselves with guns.

Until you developed an effective alternative it's either lock them up or allow them to prey on us.

People who want to do something to stop all this horrific crime for future generations should support family planning and abortion.

The fewer unplanned or unwanted children coming into this world will help decrease the number of violent criminals preying on the innocent.

People who want to do something to stop all this horrific crime for future generations should support family planning and abortion.

The fewer unplanned or unwanted children coming into this world will help decrease the number of violent criminals preying on the innocent.

Hmm… never mind what the legislature wanted, just let the DA make the call, is pure lunacy - even in CA. BTW, these are gang and gun sentence enhancements - meaning that the perp was first convicted of the underlying crime.

I think Cali should be more focused on prison reform and cutting costs if they want those enhancements and doing more youth outreach and anti gang programs. The link I posted showing the costs of inmates to the taxpayers is nuts and are those enhancements might take one guy off the street but there are two more ready to take his place.

Letting them prey on innocents is no answer!

Maybe the death penalty for habitual violent offenders.

Maybe send them to a Turkish prison upon their second violent offense. Vastly cheaper and way more undesirable.

Maybe back off the Rabid gun banning garbage and encourage good law abiding folks to defend themselves with guns.

Until you developed an effective alternative it's either lock them up or allow them to prey on us.

Land of the free. School to prison pipeline just the way you like it, no?

I think Cali should be more focused on prison reform and cutting costs if they want those enhancements and doing more youth outreach and anti gang programs. The link I posted showing the costs of inmates to the taxpayers is nuts and are those enhancements might take one guy off the street but there are two more ready to take his place.

OK, but that is up to the legislature - not the DA. Rest assured that letting convicted gang members serve shorter prison sentences is not going to help decrease gang related crime.

They have been doing outreach for 40 years. Where the **** have you been????????

What a surprise, so called "freedom" loving Mericans want to keep people in prison without due process. Who cares if they are innocent or guilty. Of course, when it is the white insurrectionists they get out on bail (one even fled the country) or get minor sentences, and here you are whining that people shoudl be locked up without due process just because they may commit another crime. sorry, we already lock up a disgusting amount of people, and the poor are the ones that can't pay bail and wait years rotting away in prison awaiting their due process. What else would you expect from the American Taliban

Anyway, republicans don't give a shit about crime, just use it to whine and be ignorant assholes as usual. If you cared about crime, you would support social and infrastructure improvements in this country to address the root causes of a lot of crime. you would support wealthy companies paying livable wages. You would support universal healthcare so people don't feel so abused by the system, they can be healthier, and have access to mental health. You would support improving neighborhoods where for many the only way to get by is to deal drugs or turn to crime. YOu would fight against poverty. You would rethink the moroinc war on drugs and put resources toward rehabilitation as opposed to just punish everybody. "Land of the free" with a rate of imprisonment up there with some real shitty countries.

But republicans do none of that. Would rather spend money bombing and murdering, and keeping disproportionately poor and minority people at a huge taxpayer expense locked up, with no rehabilitation, and then when they get out strip them of rights and dignity where all they can do is turn back to crime.

They have been doing outreach for 40 years. Where the **** have you been????????

Outreach?

It's more that the horrible poopy blue people occupy a state that, stacked against other countries, ranks as 5th ....again, if it were a country of its own. A person who votes for Republicans should love CA's power.

"Free market", right?

Or is it only a free market when you are getting exactly what you want to the exclusion of everyone else?

"If it saves just one life..."

And the enhancements are laws passed by Democrats.

What a surprise, so called "freedom" loving Mericans want to keep people in prison without due process. Who cares if they are innocent or guilty. Of course, when it is the white insurrectionists they get out on bail (one even fled the country) or get minor sentences, and here you are whining that people shoudl be locked up without due process just because they may commit another crime. sorry, we already lock up a disgusting amount of people, and the poor are the ones that can't pay bail and wait years rotting away in prison awaiting their due process. What else would you expect from the American Taliban

Anyway, republicans don't give a shit about crime, just use it to whine and be ignorant assholes as usual. If you cared about crime, you would support social and infrastructure improvements in this country to address the root causes of a lot of crime. you would support wealthy companies paying livable wages. You would support universal healthcare so people don't feel so abused by the system, they can be healthier, and have access to mental health. You would support improving neighborhoods where for many the only way to get by is to deal drugs or turn to crime. YOu would fight against poverty. You would rethink the moroinc war on drugs and put resources toward rehabilitation as opposed to just punish everybody. "Land of the free" with a rate of imprisonment up there with some real shitty countries.

But republicans do none of that. Would rather spend money bombing and murdering, and keeping disproportionately poor and minority people at a huge taxpayer expense locked up, with no rehabilitation, and then when they get out strip them of rights and dignity where all they can do is turn back to crime.
Democrats passed the enhancement laws.

What is preventing blue states, like California, from doing what you wish?

Outreach?

It's more that the horrible poopy blue people occupy a state that, stacked against other countries, ranks as 5th ....again, if it were a country of its own. A person who votes for Republicans should love CA's power.

"Free market", right?

Or is it only a free market when you are getting exactly what you want to the exclusion of everyone else?

Animals can be hard to potty train.

Did you read up on this topic? Look up some cases. I’d link it but don’t have time.
I read what you posted and your link to cost per prisoner to house. Anything else is your job to look up, instead of making claims. You make the claim, you make the time.

Back
Top Bottom