• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

George Galloway & Iraqi Oil

G-Man

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The UK MP George Galloway was today accused (again) of profiting from the UN Oil for food campaign by a US Senate Committee. It is alleged money was paid into his wife's bank account and a charity campaign he fronted, no evidence was put forward to show any money actually went into Mr Galloways pocket. Is this a just a witch-hunt against an anti-war campaigner (coincidentally made public on the day America suffered its 2000th Iraq war casualty and during a week when several high profile Bush allies may be indicted) or is there any real substance to the report?

I don't know if these charges are true or not, but George Galloway is hardly an anti-war martyr. I'm as anti-war as they come, and I want nothing to do with that idiot. George Galloway is a horrible person who went to Iraq for the sole purpose of inciting the insurgency, then less than a week later "comforted" Cindy Sheehan whose son was killed by Galloway's buddies. He also said on Syrian public television that Syrians were "lucky to have Bashar Assad as their president." He also said the following on al-Jazeera, addressing the entire Arab world: "Two of your beautiful daughters are in the hands of foreigners—Jerusalem and Baghdad. The foreigners are doing to your daughters as they will. The daughters are crying for help, and the Arab world is silent. Some of them are collaborating with the rape of these two beautiful Arab daughters."

So even if these charges aren't true (and it wouldn't surprise me if they are), please don't make George Galloway out to be some kind of hero.

Last edited:
It is alleged money was paid into his wife's bank account and a charity campaign he fronted, no evidence was put forward to show any money actually went into Mr Galloways pocket.

The docs shown on US news stations tonite purport to be copies of Galloways account statements for seveal bank accounts. Of course, they appear genuine, else they wouldnt have been shown. If they are indeed genuine, Galloway could face a Grand Jury indictment along with others allegedly profiting from the Oil-for-Food scandal.

Oh, and seems to me that money that went to Galloway's wife and/or a charity controlled by him, is tantamount to being placed under his control. If indeed it did happen, that is.

Back
Top Bottom