• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Conway slams Trump: 'Your stupidity knows no bounds'

If noone's words mean anything why should anyone listen to you?

Seriously, that's a silly argument.

The point is that books designed to harm the administration while it is governing are detrimental to the country. We can all debate the merits of the claims after the POTUS is gone. Oh, and "noone" is not a word.

The point is that books designed to harm the administration while it is governing are detrimental to the country. We can all debate the merits of the claims after the POTUS is gone.

If it is information that allows the american people to know that the man is not up to the job and damn near everyone that leaves his administration if very aware of it, they should let it be known. That's just reality. Trump isn't merely being bashed over a few policy differences. He literally changes his mind over something like whether we should pull out of NATO on a whim. And that's just an example. If someone left the Obama administration, you could write a book that contained only the thinking process, the decision making process, the routines and functions of the federal government etc and have numerous books to describe all of that without including any embarrassing facts. With Trump you simply can't do that. Everywhere you look there are **** ups, people around him begging him not to do stupid ****, decisions being made without the required info, decisions being changed on a dime without any notice, no planning, no thought, people with no experience placed in positions, hundreds of other positions unfilled etc. etc. etc. And then on top of that, the president is telling us that Iran is where the danger is at and that NK is no longer a nuclear threat while the intelligence agency and the entire world is telling him that he has it backwards. And those are just random examples. What are people supposed to say about the administration when they leave other than describe the chaos? That's all that exists. If they desperately want to paint a rosy picture, the best they have is "the already good economy is slightly better in some regards". That's it.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ay-slams-trump-your-stupidity-knows-no-bounds

George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway and a frequent critic of President Trump, blasted him Tuesday, saying his “stupidity knows no bounds” after Trump ripped into former aide Cliff Sims for his tell-all book.

The conservative lawyer has frequently used Twitter to post one-liners calling out the president.
========================================================
At least we still have a free country. That is, until Putin gets through with Trump.

Anyone that believes Trump is Putin's bitch just self marginalizes.. I mean, come on. I pass by you folks all the time, I don't even bother reading but in this case yours was the OP.

You people need fresh air, lots of it.

Tim-

If it is information that allows the american people to know that the man is not up to the job and damn near everyone that leaves his administration if very aware of it, they should let it be known. That's just reality. Trump isn't merely being bashed over a few policy differences. He literally changes his mind over something like whether we should pull out of NATO on a whim. And that's just an example. If someone left the Obama administration, you could write a book that contained only the thinking process, the decision making process, the routines and functions of the federal government etc and have numerous books to describe all of that without including any embarrassing facts. With Trump you simply can't do that. Everywhere you look there are **** ups, people around him begging him not to do stupid ****, decisions being made without the required info, decisions being changed on a dime without any notice, no planning, no thought, people with no experience placed in positions, hundreds of other positions unfilled etc. etc. etc. And then on top of that, the president is telling us that Iran is where the danger is at and that NK is no longer a nuclear threat while the intelligence agency and the entire world is telling him that he has it backwards. And those are just random examples. What are people supposed to say about the administration when they leave other than describe the chaos? That's all that exists. If they desperately want to paint a rosy picture, the best they have is "the already good economy is slightly better in some regards". That's it.

I always take with a huge grain of salt, anyone making claims with the idea of turning a profit, particularly in these circumstances with the societal divide as it is. No doubt there is some chaos and Trump does not operate like other politicians. I think everyone knows this already. Those predisposed to dislike Trump will have their biases confirmed. Those who support Trump will say that they like the results. I just find it unseemly that people who have left are trying to cash in appealing to those adamantly opposed to Trump and his ideas, while he is still there. It's all fair afterwards but not now.

I always take with a huge grain of salt, anyone making claims with the idea of turning a profit, particularly in these circumstances with the societal divide as it is. No doubt there is some chaos and Trump does not operate like other politicians. I think everyone knows this already. Those predisposed to dislike Trump will have their biases confirmed. Those who support Trump will say that they like the results. I just find it unseemly that people who have left are trying to cash in appealing to those adamantly opposed to Trump and his ideas, while he is still there. It's all fair afterwards but not now.

You're mad at what they are doing without considering why they are doing it. Yes, there are people pushing books describing the chaos. There are also many many others who are out there describing the chaos for free. People like Bob Woodward have distinguished careers writing books about the details and inner workings of administrations without painting them as complete ****ing morons. He couldn't do that for Trump because everywhere he turned that's all he could see. Someone in another thread made a wonderful comment on the thinking of trump supporters. "Look at my son Johnny. Every other member of the marching band is out of step except him!" It could not be more right. People that were in the federal government before trump think he's a ****ing moron. People that he brings in from the business sector like Tillerson or Gary Cohn think he's a ****ing moron who's lazy and dangerous. People that he hand picks for positions think he's a ****ing moron. At what point do we accept reality and acknowledge that guy who trust Putin over our intelligence agencies and thinks NK isn't a nuclear threat is maybe either out of his ****ing mind or is compromised?

Will Putin be waiting until Trump allows him 20% MORE of our uranium reserves ( as in NUCLEAR WEAPONS) before he's "through with him."
Still trying to push that busted piece of fiction, huh?

You're mad at what they are doing without considering why they are doing it. Yes, there are people pushing books describing the chaos. There are also many many others who are out there describing the chaos for free. People like Bob Woodward have distinguished careers writing books about the details and inner workings of administrations without painting them as complete ****ing morons. He couldn't do that for Trump because everywhere he turned that's all he could see. Someone in another thread made a wonderful comment on the thinking of trump supporters. "Look at my son Johnny. Every other member of the marching band is out of step except him!" It could not be more right. People that were in the federal government before trump think he's a ****ing moron. People that he brings in from the business sector like Tillerson or Gary Cohn think he's a ****ing moron who's lazy and dangerous. People that he hand picks for positions think he's a ****ing moron. At what point do we accept reality and acknowledge that guy who trust Putin over our intelligence agencies and thinks NK isn't a nuclear threat is maybe either out of his ****ing mind or is compromised?

That's what we have elections for. All these people writing books could get far greater exposure by simply going on MSNBC or CNN and making their claims. We're also told that the government experts find Trump to be "stupid" or "out of his depth" but lets remember that these same types of "experts" got us into Iraq and thought NAFTA was a good deal. We could name hundreds of other examples. I'll judge Trump by his results, not what bureaucrats and dismissed officials say about how he operates while trying to make money at the same time.

That's what we have elections for. All these people writing books could get far greater exposure by simply going on MSNBC or CNN and making their claims. We're also told that the government experts find Trump to be "stupid" or "out of his depth" but lets remember that these same types of "experts" got us into Iraq and thought NAFTA was a good deal. We could name hundreds of other examples. I'll judge Trump by his results, not what bureaucrats and dismissed officials say about how he operates while trying to make money at the same time.

If you have to go back decades and decades to pick a few things that a giant organization like the federal government may have ****ed up on then you are losing the argument or just trying to blur lines. Along with that, the only people that think NAFTA are people with very very little knowledge on the policy and the effects. Try to find a distinguished economist that thinks we should have never passed Nafta or other trade deals. Iraq was not a unanimously agreed upon thing. The country had a large debate over it, democrats tried to block it but finally caved. Intelligence agencies were not unanimous on it etc. Sure, some things were gotten wrong, but you can't use that one thing for the next 30 years to suggest that maybe anything and everything is wrong. That's not how it works. Also, you bring up that these "government experts find trump to be stupid" and I've already addressed this. It's not just government experts. It's damn near everybody that's dealt with him. Tillerson was a very successful CEO of a very large company and I remember Trump supporters like you celebrating when he was nominated to head state department. We now know exactly what he thinks of Trump. And many many others have given us the exact same account. I'm not gonna get mad because people leaving the administration are giving their honest accounts of the chaos. I'll blame the person creating the chaos rather than blaming the messengers.

If you have to go back decades and decades to pick a few things that a giant organization like the federal government may have ****ed up on then you are losing the argument or just trying to blur lines. Along with that, the only people that think NAFTA are people with very very little knowledge on the policy and the effects. Try to find a distinguished economist that thinks we should have never passed Nafta or other trade deals. Iraq was not a unanimously agreed upon thing. The country had a large debate over it, democrats tried to block it but finally caved. Intelligence agencies were not unanimous on it etc. Sure, some things were gotten wrong, but you can't use that one thing for the next 30 years to suggest that maybe anything and everything is wrong. That's not how it works. Also, you bring up that these "government experts find trump to be stupid" and I've already addressed this. It's not just government experts. It's damn near everybody that's dealt with him. Tillerson was a very successful CEO of a very large company and I remember Trump supporters like you celebrating when he was nominated to head state department. We now know exactly what he thinks of Trump. And many many others have given us the exact same account. I'm not gonna get mad because people leaving the administration are giving their honest accounts of the chaos. I'll blame the person creating the chaos rather than blaming the messengers.

I'm not going to argue the point but the Federal government is pretty much horribly inefficient and incapable in everything it does. We needn't go back decades. You can find examples every day most likely. Would you rather be in a private clinic or at the VA? On a private railroad or Amtrak? You get the idea. I simply mentioned a few big ones that everyone knows about. There are many others. As for Tillerson, I knew nothing about him so could hardly cheer his selection. As for NAFTA, it's all those "distinguished economists" that often get it 100% wrong. I remember Ross Perot debating Gore over it and him saying that that "whooshing sound was all the jobs going to Mexico". It turns out he was mostly right. Sometimes you need a voice from outside the echo chamber.

Tell all books most always come out after the POTUS leaves office. The opportunists trying to cash in among the hate crazed Trump hordes, are truly low, regardless of what you think of Trump. All this shows is that there are no rules anymore. Since that is the case, Trump and conservatives need to play the same way.

Trump has been "playing" as if there were no rules for a long time. That's what all the fuss is about.

There's nothing scarier than a conservative decaring an end to rules. It's like a serial killer saying, "If you don't get off my back about all the bodies, someone's going to get hurt".

Trump has been "playing" as if there were no rules for a long time. That's what all the fuss is about.

There's nothing scarier than a conservative decaring an end to rules. It's like a serial killer saying, "If you don't get off my back about all the bodies, someone's going to get hurt".

That's amusing. The glaring fault of conservatives is that they've always stuck to the rules long after liberals had put bootprints on their faces because they never observed any rules to start with. There's no easier way to enrage a liberal than to have a conservative play by his rules.

I'm not going to argue the point but the Federal government is pretty much horribly inefficient and incapable in everything it does. We needn't go back decades. You can find examples every day most likely. Would you rather be in a private clinic or at the VA? On a private railroad or Amtrak? You get the idea. I simply mentioned a few big ones that everyone knows about. There are many others. As for Tillerson, I knew nothing about him so could hardly cheer his selection. As for NAFTA, it's all those "distinguished economists" that often get it 100% wrong. I remember Ross Perot debating Gore over it and him saying that that "whooshing sound was all the jobs going to Mexico". It turns out he was mostly right. Sometimes you need a voice from outside the echo chamber.

That's just like everything else under the sun. If you only pick out the negatives, yes you can paint that picture. If I were to go around and collect thousands of stories of terrible problems at private clinics or hospitals I could do the same thing very easily. Also, being inefficient is not the same thing as being wrong on a topic. I'm an engineer. I know plenty of engineers who know their field really really well and if you give them a specific problem can spit out a sheet of calculations that you could bet your life on are 100% accurate. And some of these same people can't manage a big project and other engineers. They are much better at concrete ideas on a page than the theoretical concept of what drawings and info do the contractors in the field need, how do we track progress etc. They are two different things. So if a road is ****ty, it might be because we aren't spending enough money on it and waiting too long to fix it, it might be because they hired a ****ty contractor, it might be simply that not enough people are complaining about it. But it doesn't mean that the engineer who designed that road in the first place doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

We are still sitting here in the same spot. Maybe the guy that thinks NK is no longer a nuclear threat is right on everything and everyone else is completely wrong. Or we could go back to reality and accept the fact that this isn't likely.

That's amusing. The glaring fault of conservatives is that they've always stuck to the rules long after liberals had put bootprints on their faces because they never observed any rules to start with. There's no easier way to enrage a liberal than to have a conservative play by his rules.

The ol' "what came first, the chicken or the egg" routine.

Not defending the libruls, but my observation, is that the libruls finally learned their lesson about extending olive branches and promoting "across the aisle" workmanship. When Obama was elected, like Trump, he was elected to do the things he said he'd do while campaigning. Like Trump, Obama had the house and the Oval office from the start. He should have rammed his agenda down the GOP's throat but for reasons I do not recall, he didn't. The GOP did to him what the dems are going to do to Trump. Obama, like Trump, lost the house. I remember the GOP stating their first and foremost agenda was to stop Obama at every turn. And, as the chicken's do tend to come home to roost, that's what the dems are going to do to Trump. As they say, payback is a mother****er.

There is no doubt in my mind, going all the way back to the days of Gengrich and Starr, what/who came first, in regards to the age-old riddle about the chicken and the egg, in regards to today's political atmospheres.

Karma isn't always welcomed. But here it is. Embrace it.

Last edited:
The ol' "what came first, the chicken or the egg" routine.

Not defending the libruls, but my observation, is that the libruls finally learned their lesson about extending olive branches and promoting "across the aisle" workmanship. When Obama was elected, like Trump, he was elected to do the things he said he'd do while campaigning. Like Trump, Obama had the house and the Oval office from the start. He should have rammed his agenda down the GOP's throat but for reasons I do not recall, he didn't. The GOP did to him what the dems are going to do to Trump. Obama, like Trump, lost the house. I remember the GOP stating their first and foremost agenda was to stop Obama at every turn. And, as the cheicken's tend to come home to roost, that's what the dems are going to do to Trump. As they say, payback is a mother****er.

There is no doubt in my mind, going all the way back to the days of Gengrich and Starr, what/who came first, in regards to the age-old riddle about the chicken and the egg, in regards to today's political atmospheres.

Karma isn't always welcomed. But here it is. Embrace it.

I disagree that the Dems did anything to Trump the first two years. Everyone knew they'd oppose most everything. The much larger problem was the spineless Paul Ryan and his coterie of corporation beholden cohorts. Without them, the wall would already be funded or mostly funded and we wouldn't be having this fight.

That's amusing. The glaring fault of conservatives is that they've always stuck to the rules long after liberals had put bootprints on their faces

That''s the glaring fault of conservatives!? I thought it was the way they commodity every one and every thing in the holy name of all-entitled property rights. I thought it might be more about their religious hegemony and accompanying, ironic, lack of introspection. Hmmm...sticklers for the rules you say? Like the emoluments clause or the rules of conduct that most of have to adhere to, like not grabbing ******s?

There's no easier way to enrage a liberal than to have a conservative play by his rules.

That's weird, I thought we were enraged about the stolen election and the enshrined fascism that the right keeps ignoring and, simultaneously, encouraging. I don't think we're so angry about the right''s strict adherance to the rules.

That being said, the conservatives are great at turning their crimes in to laws. Making wrong **** legal is their specialty. It's brought us, recessions, political bribery and, if we're lucky, our own orange dictator.

:lamo

OMG, you cannot be serious. That’s an absolutely laughable statement.

That''s the glaring fault of conservatives!? I thought it was the way they commodity every one and every thing in the holy name of all-entitled property rights. I thought it might be more about their religious hegemony and accompanying, ironic, lack of introspection. Hmmm...sticklers for the rules you say? Like the emoluments clause or the rules of conduct that most of have to adhere to, like not grabbing ******s?

That's weird, I thought we were enraged about the stolen election and the enshrined fascism that the right keeps ignoring and, simultaneously, encouraging. I don't think we're so angry about the right''s strict adherance to the rules.

That being said, the conservatives are great at turning their crimes in to laws. Making wrong **** legal is their specialty. It's brought us, recessions, political bribery and, if we're lucky, our own orange dictator.

That you are convinced beyond all doubt that there was a "stolen election" and that fascism has been enshrined, pretty much invalidates anything else you might say. I'm glad you said rules of conduct that "most of us have to adhere to". What's clear is that liberals often flout those rules. Pages could and have been written about the improprieties of the Clintons but I never recall anyone suggesting that "fascism" had arrived. This is simply hyperbolic nonsense from people who either do not know better or who do but do not care.

:lamo

OMG, you cannot be serious. That’s an absolutely laughable statement.

For anyone who has been around more than about 5 minutes or who is not a dyed in the wool liberal, it is a well known and long observed truth. Dems were gerrymandering and stealing elections when conservatives were barely out of their swaddling clothes.

For anyone who has been around more than about 5 minutes or who is not a dyed in the wool liberal, it is a well known and long observed truth. Dems were gerrymandering and stealing elections when conservatives were barely out of their swaddling clothes.

You live in a fantasy world.

I disagree that the Dems did anything to Trump the first two years. Everyone knew they'd oppose most everything. The much larger problem was the spineless Paul Ryan and his coterie of corporation beholden cohorts. Without them, the wall would already be funded or mostly funded and we wouldn't be having this fight.

I would have to agree.

I recall Obama being called a ***** for not gunning the engine when he had the oppertunity.

I know the GOP professional politicians are between a rock and a hard place. They are being asked to support an idea that most American's stand against. They know, in their own minds how ludicrous this all is but they do not want to alieniate the necessary percentage of Trump's base, they will need to depend on, during their next election. It's a bitter pill to swallow. It's like them having to stick their tongue on a frozen light pole, to please the gang, all the while knowing it's not the smart thing to do.

I kind of feel sorry for them and their predicament.

View attachment 67249260

*Pretends to be veritas1*

Conservatives are evil baby rapers who spend their time drowning puppies when they aren't raping babies. These satanists are trying to destroy christianity and cause a nuclear apocalpyse

*Stops pretending to be veritas1*

That is, quite literally, exactly the level of blatant dishonest lunacy you are displaying here.

Or in other words, Republicans should back off and let the party with the greater experience of running the country get things done.

*Pretends to be veritas1*

Conservatives are evil baby rapers who spend their time drowning puppies when they aren't raping babies. These satanists are trying to destroy christianity and cause a nuclear apocalpyse

*Stops pretending to be veritas1*

That is, quite literally, exactly the level of blatant dishonest lunacy you are displaying here.

Like I said, you have to be older than 30 and have gotten your education from something other than the internet.

Or in other words, Republicans should back off and let the party with the greater experience of running the country get things done.

We're trying to fix all the things they've "gotten done" and/or failed to do.

That you are convinced beyond all doubt that there was a "stolen election" and that fascism has been enshrined, pretty much invalidates anything else you might say. I'm glad you said rules of conduct that "most of us have to adhere to". What's clear is that liberals often flout those rules. Pages could and have been written about the improprieties of the Clintons but I never recall anyone suggesting that "fascism" had arrived. This is simply hyperbolic nonsense from people who either do not know better or who do but do not care.

What is it if not fascism enshrined to have unlimited political spending by corporate "persons"? Are you ****ing seriously calling MY opinion invalid? Citizens United is the very definition of "fascism enshrined" and the right is too driven by blind ideology to see that the recipe they're baking makes a rancid **** cake for most of humanity.

I can accept that, as conservatives, you rely on magical thinking to make sense of the incongruities between your conservatism and the anti-human results thereof. However, please do not urinate upon my loafers and tell me it's mere precipitation. That is the insulting part.

Back
Top Bottom