• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

George Bush's primary responsibility?

What should the president be most responsible for ensuring?

• Our security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
When he talks about foreign policy, the president is always using the word freedom; we will "bring freedom to the Middle East," replace tyranny with "freedom and democracy." When he talks about problems here at home, the watchword is security; "homeland security" is a priority, he says, or "national security" is being neglected.

People lap up both spiels together like kittens after milk despite the obvious disconnect. Increased security at home has, without a doubt, lessened our freedoms; more freedom abroad has meant decreased stability (think the whole of Iraq, here).

I ask you, as I am sure you have been asked before, this: in the most general sense, which is it first and foremost the president's responsibility to provide for the American people? Freedom, or security?

I'm very curious as to everyone's opinion.

Back
Top Bottom